NRL Membership Numbers

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
More embarrassment for the NRL

Just saw somewhere that Richmond AFL side just cracked 100 000 members

Triple the best NRL side

We are just so far away from understanding the fans of our game and what they want it's crazy

This weekend for example it's retro round , let's make memberships for the rest of the season retro prices ….......

Make the price of food and drinks at the games(not alcohol of course ) retro prices

Family tickets at retro prices

Have three different grade games to watch this weekend like we did in the past

I'm almost positive afl give out tons of freebies

That's the situation with the Swans and GWS anyway, I've been in many situations where I've been given free tickets to AFL in Sydney

Whatever they do, they do it 10x better than us though

We could only dream of regular season sell outs at anz stadium like they get for the mcg

The MCG probably only sells out 3-4 times a season bar the GF

Obviously ANZAC Day does and guessing the Richmond v Collingwood game will , not sure whether the Queens Birthday sells out

I think memberships in AFL are a fair bit cheaper than the NRL , but not 100 % sure

I agree in part Happy but I think there are a couple of factors that add to their impressive membership and game attendances as well.

Firstly watching AFL live is really the only way to get a full appreciation for what is happening in the game. So much happens off the ball in that game that you can't see that watching it on TV so most avid fans will be more likely to go to a match.

Secondly people in Melbourne would go and watch snails race at the MCG and sell the place out, ok maybe slight exaggeration there but you know what I mean. They have forward planned there sporting precinct so well with an abundance of sports and other offerings including great public transport just to make it simple. You compare that to our main catchment areas of Sydney and Brisbane where it is almost the opposite of that and it's not a surprise that they smash us on game attendance.

Finally they truly are a National sport which gives them a lot more sponsorship opportunities and TV rights and hence the AFL have a lot more cash in their coffers to be able to support the clubs and game day operations.

However in saying all that I totally agree with you that the NRL management is so far behind the AFL it is not funny and as you said with retro round it's a great opportunity that they have missed….. again!

We can only hope that some day the NRL management gets somewhere near that of the AFL, I'll give you a tip though it won't be with Beatty leading us or his mates Greenberg or Canavan!!

@ said:

Triple the best NRL side

We are just so far away from understanding the fans of our game and what they want it's crazy

This weekend for example it's retro round , let's make memberships for the rest of the season retro prices ….......

Make the price of food and drinks at the games(not alcohol of course ) retro prices

The retro round is not an NRL promoted thing, its just a Fox Promotion, but I do get your point.

@ said:
@ said:

Triple the best NRL side

The retro round is not an NRL promoted thing, its just a Fox Promotion, but I do get your point.

I'm not sure which game it is , but one is offering retro prices this weekend

Might be worth looking into for some wanting to go this weekend , could be Dogs v Tigers game ??

Here is the article , sounds like the retro prices apply to all NRL games this weekend

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/retro-round/round-20-of-the-nrl-sees-retro-round-descend-on-rugby-league/news-story/71ff77abfe2d04548326eeaf93645479

There is a link to the tickets sales

Very hard to compare teams when it comes to membership numbers. Clubs all have different types of packages. I know a guy who is a Rabbits member, he pays about 30 bucks a year,doesn’t get any tickets, but gets emails from the club. Although it just shows how strong our brand name is, and with some regular success the sky’s the limit

@ said:
Here is the article , sounds like the retro prices apply to all NRL games this weekend

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/retro-round/round-20-of-the-nrl-sees-retro-round-descend-on-rugby-league/news-story/71ff77abfe2d04548326eeaf93645479

There is a link to the tickets sales

It's a shame the window for reduced tickets has already closed for Sydney games

![](https://i.redditmedia.com/mSbnn79zh7yNWhiLUyRof1u4yprvFSxJ4uw03DtTrQI.jpg?w=915&s=1512c1b2336a580cf3b3296dfac7408a)

From the nrl reddit. Cant link thread because of the persons username :laughing:

Have a look at the worst AFL venue, probably the gabba as it is the oldest. But its still not a bad ground. Every other regular venue is a fairly modern stadium.

Now look at the worst NRL ground. I dont know which one to pick but theres probably a dozen worse off then the Gabba.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Triple the best NRL side

That's the situation with the Swans and GWS anyway, I've been in many situations where I've been given free tickets to AFL in Sydney

We could only dream of regular season sell outs at anz stadium like they get for the mcg

Swans home games rarely get below 40000 people attending the game. 60000 members in total.

Not quite, they average 32k.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Triple the best NRL side

Swans home games rarely get below 40000 people attending the game. 60000 members in total.

:laughing: You sure you arent the Roosters salary-cap manager Swag with that sort of creative accounting!?
Wonder how many a Swans home game will start to draw once they miss the finals for 3 or 4 seasons on the trot…...
Success breeds interest in sporting teams, the Swans had plenty of success recently hence the healthy crowd numbers. Finals absence will test the dedication and loyalty of their "fans".

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

:laughing: You sure you arent the Roosters salary-cap manager Swag with that sort of creative accounting!?
Wonder how many a Swans home game will start to draw once they miss the finals for 3 or 4 seasons on the trot…...
Success breeds interest in sporting teams, the Swans had plenty of success recently hence the healthy crowd numbers. Finals absence will test the dedication and loyalty of their "fans".

Also reduce the number of Sydney league teams to 1 or 2 and see how big the crowds might be.

Membership numbers are meaningless. I get members emails from the Panthers. I assume because I coach a junior team in the district that I count as a member. That means if they count all junior players and officials there are about 10000 members that don’t actually pay anything. I’m sure most clubs do the same.

Membership revenue is the real test but clubs will never release that.

@ said:
Membership numbers are meaningless. I get members emails from the Panthers. I assume because I coach a junior team in the district that I count as a member. That means if they count all junior players and officials there are about 10000 members that don’t actually pay anything. I’m sure most clubs do the same.

I get members emails from the Titans and Cowboys for some unknown reason

Only reason I can think was I looked at seating for games in the past , I get more messages from the Titans than WT's :laughing:

@ said:
@ said:

Only reason I can think was I looked at seating for games in the past , I get more messages from the Titans than WT's :laughing:

I knew something was sus with you Happy and now i know why.

@ said:
@ said:

Same here, from the Raiders. It's my closest NRL venue and I've purchased tickets to watch Tigers games there.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Same here, from the Raiders. It's my closest NRL venue and I've purchased tickets to watch Tigers games there.

Through ticketmaster? I bought tix to see Souffs play home games in perth and was getting their crap. I emailed them to stop but I was getting more from them than Wests.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Through ticketmaster? I bought tix to see Souffs play home games in perth and was getting their crap. I emailed them to stop but I was getting more from them than Wests.

No mate, got another one today from the Raiders shop…

Back