NYC Side To Face The Broncos

system

JONES NAMES TEAM TO PLAY BRONCOS IN TOYOTA CUP
29/06/2010 3:10:08 PM
Wests Tigers Coach Grant Jones has named his team to play Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, July 2, in round 17 of the Toyota Cup competition.

The Tigers have slipped back to fourth place on the ladder following their loss to the Dragons last Friday night.

Kick-off is 5.20pm.

1 Limoni Kamuta
2 Faleula Finau
3 Tim Simona
4 Jake Clarke
5 Monikura Tikinau
6 Jay Florimo
7 Dean Parata
8 Neil Begovich
9 Pat Politoni
10 Junior Roqica
11 Joel Wisbey
12 Mason Talolua
13 Matt Hyland ©

14 Liam Ayoub
15 Ethan Tafili
16 Ben Murdoch - Masila
17 James Leulalai
18 Shaun Spence
\
\
\
Really happy to see Parata trialled there. I wanted him trialled at half after the first 3 rounds. Just a pity Clarke is injured so Florimo is still in the side

Tough ask for the boys this week given their current form slump. Feel sorry for Spence being named 18th man at the expense of Wisbey who has become a turnstyle over the last couple of weeks.

I think someone else asked a similar question last week, but where did jay get dropped to last week, and does anyone know if he played well enough to gain a recall?

@Tiger Watto said:
I think someone else asked a similar question last week, but where did jay get dropped to last week, and does anyone know if he played well enough to gain a recall?

I'm pretty sure Jay is Balmain affiliated Watto, so he would have dropped back to one of the Balmain district clubs if he played last weekend. I've got no word on that though so I don't know if he warranted a call up, but given the injuries the team has, they're obviously running low on stock in the halves.

Congrats on what sounded like a hard fought win.

Good time to get back in the winners circle

Very gutsy win by all reports….

Having 6 starting players out including Mullaney....it was going to be tough....

The return of Spence for Wisbey and Finau back from injury made a big difference......

I only saw the 2nd half, but the boys looked a shadow of themselves compared to 4 weeks ago.

Again, it wasn't a pretty win and our kicking game was average.

Parata played well and talked heaps. Give him a few more games and he will dominate…

Back