NYC Team of the Year

matty119

Fullback: Malcolm Webster (South Sydney)
Wing: Joe Vickery (St George Illawarra)
Wing: Drury Low (Canberra)
Centre: Taioalo Vaivai (South Sydney)
Centre: Siuatonga Likiliki (Warriors)
**Five-Eighth: Robert Lui (Wests Tigers)**
Halfback: Beau Henry (St George Illawarra)
Prop: Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
Prop: Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra)
Hooker: Travis Waddell (Canberra Raiders)
Second Row: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Manly)
Second Row: Jake Marketo (St George Illawarra)
Lock: Jamie Buhrer (Manly)
Interchange: Kieran Foran (Manly)
Interchange: Joel Romelo (Penrith)
Interchange: Gareth Widdop (Melbourne Storm)
Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly)

Congrats to Rob, very well deserved. I guess it makes sense that he stepped up to first grade, despite all the people saying he isn't up to it. Still dissapointing that Dwyer, Shrinack, Hyland, Myllaney and proababy Andrew Fifita didn't make it, all have had spectacular seasons.

How can there be just the one WT player in this list? How Hyland with the best defensive record in the league by a mile does not get in is beyond me.

there was a lot of tigers that have been robbed a spot Mullaney,Woods,Fifta,Dwyer,Hyland all should be in that side imo

If Fifita's not been picked Bromwich and Merrin must be the Civoniceva's of the U20s because Fifita has been unstoppable against oppositions in the 2nd half of 09, including standout performances against St George and Manly who are leading the comp.

Bit surprised Mullaney and Fifita were overlooked, they've been in the top 3 for the Tigers all season. Lui's selection is justified.

Webster turned more games for Souths than Jake did for us….having said that was stiff..

Fafita deserved it for sure.....robbed

I think the trouble was the whole team has performed great as a team for the majority of the year.....Dwyer and Shirnack stood out early on....

@alex said:
If Fifita's not been picked Bromwich and Merrin must be the Civoniceva's of the U20s because Fifita has been unstoppable against oppositions in the 2nd half of 09, including standout performances against St George and Manly who are leading the comp.

Bromwich and Merrin are both gun props. I can live with them making it over Fifita, they are the 2 biggest meter eaters in the 20s. Merrin is the only real war horse type prop in that grade, while Bromwich is just a machine. Fifita would be a close 3rd.

Back