NZ Kiwis vs Mata Ma'a Tonga, 25 June 2022

Asu Kepaoa's #1 Fan

Congratulations to Ken Maumalo (NZ), Joe Ofahengaue, and Starford To'a (Tonga) for being selected in their respective squads.

The test is on Saturday 25th June 3.20pm AEST or 5.20pm local time. It is the first game of rugby league played in NZ for almost 3 years. It is shaping up to be a cracker. Tune in if you want to see a game where the physicality and passion is off the charts. Both teams have stacked forward packs and electric backs. The crowd will be a sea of red.

Last edited:
my sook 4 the day.Why cant world cup players change in/out as they wish,SOO player fall back{?} 2 an emerging qualifier or so on.2better the game internationally every day of the week if they choose

The more these two teams play, the better the competition for the Kangaroos. I still see Test footy as the pinnacle.
Ill be watching.
Also the more competition it provides against rugby in the respective countries. Unrealistic to think we could unseat rugby in NZ, as it's like AFL for them, but in the other Pasifika countries I think it's possible.

E.g. I know the Fijian kids might grow up hoping to play Rugby Sevens, but it's a small squad, and NRL provides a realistically close and well-paid competition if they are sufficiently talented athletes.

Congratulations to Ken Maumalo (NZ), Joe Ofahengaue, and Starford To'a (Tonga) for being selected in their respective squads.

The test is on Saturday 25th June 3.20pm AEST or 5.20pm local time. It is the first game of rugby league played in NZ for almost 3 years. It is shaping up to be a cracker. Tune in if you want to see a game where the physicality and passion is off the charts. Both teams have stacked forward packs and electric backs. The crowd will be a sea of red.
Congrats to those boys.

Have you seen the Kiwi side? Strongest side they have for years.

Look at this forward pack.

8. James Fisher Harris
9. Brandon Smith
10.Jesse Bromich
11. Briton Nikora
12. Isaiah Papali'i
13. Joseph Tapine

14. Erin. Clarke
15. Kenny Bromich/ Scott Sorenson/Jordan Riki
16. Moses Leoto
17. Nelson asofa solomana

Add to that Joseph Manu Dylan Brown and Jarome hughes and you have a great side.

Footy is footy.

I'll be watching....

Bit of a sneak peak at what to expect for the world cup eh.

This will be a cracker of a game.

Who's NZ's first choice fullback?

Would love to see an indigenous Australian team also compete in the cup...

Mix it up.

A lot of the best Australian players over the years were indigenous.

I know, "I am, you are.. we are Australian" and all that, but I'd like to see how the team matches up against the rest...

Would love to see an indigenous Australian team also compete in the cup...

Mix it up.

A lot of the best Australian players over the years were indigenous.

I know, "I am, you are.. we are Australian" and all that, but I'd like to see how the team matches up against the rest...
Only those not selected for Australia.

Nofo and Nu Brown called into the Samoan squad.

This is actually footy worth watching. I might be weird but I'm more likely to watch the pacific tests than the origin wankfest on 9.

Back