Odds for 2013 Coach

@Fraze23 said:
I still don't get all the rage around Parish?

Played balmain reserves with humphreys in 1986 and 1987.This boys club is about to go into overdrive.Parish is $1.01 just needs to still have a heartbeat two weeks from now and he is the coach.

@shane2801 said:
I agree and I never really took notice of what balmain did but wasn't he just an average player at best with a mullet?
b.

Yeah Shane, just think Brendan Tuuta without the fire in his belly.
I didn't pay a heap of notice of Balmain at that time either, however I remember Parish as an underrated player.
The 'Parrot' connection worries me but hey, if Tim Sheens actually accepts the coaching directors gig, it might be a good chance to risk a young hothead like Matt.

If its Parish because of Humpty it will be worse..Those two plus Teflon prowling the grounds ..its a disaster staring us in the face for 2013..

@1974semifinal said:
If its Parish because of Humpty it will be worse..Those two plus Teflon prowling the grounds ..its a disaster staring us in the face for 2013..

Yep!
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I had the pleasure of meeting Walters along with Bellamy and Kidwell at the Crown Promenade bar after their loss to Canberra when I was in Melbourne in May 2011\. All very chatty and straight up blokes.
Judging by the way Walters partied and did good natured imitations of certain former team mates long into to the night long after Bellyache left I'd be happy with his ability to bond the team. He was a blast and could switch back to a conversation on footy in the blink of an eye.

I'd be happy with him here.

@fainty said:
I think Walters has great potential to be a very good first grade coach
\
\

Based on what ?
He didn't have the best coaching record in super league, but did ok in 2009 when they got 1 game away from the GF
\
\

has to be someone from well outside the club, no connection, no old schoo,l old boys, good mates, average footballers r us, follow me I know the way…..a new direction and a fresh start is exactly that, just like Sheens was in 2004...

Vincent Anderson ‏@Vinnie_AKLien27
>
@SuperLeague Parish linked with Tigers post: Former Salford coach Matt… http said:
Retweeted by Jack Spencer

Not sure if it carries a tonne of weight, but Vinnie Anderson is a Salford player and was there under Parish in 2011 for his 6 game coaching reign.

@LaT said:
>
@SuperLeague Parish linked with Tigers post: Former Salford coach Matt… http said:

Not sure if it carries a tonne of weight, but Vinnie Anderson is a Salford player and was there under Parish in 2011 for his 6 game coaching reign.

Is that the Vinnie who played for Warriors, I think his brother was Fraser?
\
\

@Blokarter said:
I had the pleasure of meeting Walters along with Bellamy and Kidwell at the Crown Promenade bar after their loss to Canberra when I was in Melbourne in May 2011\. All very chatty and straight up blokes.
Judging by the way Walters partied and did good natured imitations of certain former team mates long into to the night long after Bellyache left I'd be happy with his ability to bond the team. He was a blast and could switch back to a conversation on footy in the blink of an eye.

I'd be happy with him here.

I'd like to see Walters here.

@tiga4eva said:
@LaT said:
>

\
\

It is him.

Here is another:

>
@NHalmshaw LOL Absolute clown bro! I don't know how he's even in the game

$5 for Walters is a bargain!

For those who heard his interview MMM today I'd say he's our man…
\
\

On the subject of coaches..with the goings on over the past 2 weeks it appears we have a fairly large money problem so if Tim doesn't move on it looks like we are going to be in a position where it' s not who we want.. It's going to be who we can afford. And maybe forced into an interim coach position for 1 or 2 years. Make sense?

@LaT said:
@tiga4eva said:
@LaT said:
>

\
\

It is him.

Here is another:

>

Great we sack a coach cause the senior players lost faith in him and we will replace him with a guy whos getting called an idiot after just 6 games coaching in super league.Why isnt Steve Georgallis getting more love.Hes proven in first grade as a coach just wasnt given a fair go despite his impressive strike rate with a team that was a complete rabble when he took over.

My bet would be either Mick Potter (Straight shooter and good club record at St Helens, Catalan and Bradford), Kevin Walters (although didnt do so well at Catalan in SL) or Jim Dymock (old west boy, involved in SOO staff and assistant to one of the best coaches going around).

I dont see what the hype is about Matt Parish and can only suggest that he is only mentioned because of being Stickys number 2 for SOO and also under Toves @ Manly. I would not go near him at all. We would be better sticking with Sheens than Parish. I really hope Humphreys does not select him just because they both played reserve grade together back in the day.
If that is case, they should of promoted Andrew Webster to 1st grade coach, that would of got everyone talking.

I am baffled by the love for Matt Parish. The connection with Humpty is another concern

I am warming to Kevvie Walters to be honest
\
\

retweeted by our own Jack Spencer also. not a good look if we do end up with him.
\
\

@Sabre said:
retweeted by our own Jack Spencer also. not a good look if we do end up with him.
\
\

Spencer was also at Salford in 2011\. Can't seem to find many current players who are fans of Parish.

Tigers seem to have a problem with players throwing around their weight and seemingly thinking they run the joint at times, but if a coaches rep is this bad before he takes over, imagine player moral if he gets the job.

Maybe they are wrong and Parish is the bloke for the job…but jeeze doesn't it sound risky.

@Karma Tiger said:
@LaT said:
@tiga4eva said:
@LaT said:

\
\

It is him.

Here is another:

>

Great we sack a coach cause the senior players lost faith in him and we will replace him with a guy whos getting called an idiot after just 6 games coaching in super league.Why isnt Steve Georgallis getting more love.Hes proven in first grade as a coach just wasnt given a fair go despite his impressive strike rate with a team that was a complete rabble when he took over.

I think you'll find that poor old Steve will be next on the chopping block. He and a certain recruitment officer.
\
\

Latest posts

Back