Off all the players let go in the sheens regime......

@Golden said:
LOL well when you read what all the broncos fans say they think Teo is the best player in the game and we shouldnt have let the superstar go

Harrison and Richards for me

and lets not Forget Luke O Donnell

Odonnell only played in 2003 under sheens and a deal was done mid year when he got injured so it can hardly be sheens fault for luke.Harrison played how mnay good games for the raiders?he didnt do anything special.

This thread is making sheens look good rather then what it was probably intended to be.lol

@tiger4ever said:
@Golden said:
LOL well when you read what all the broncos fans say they think Teo is the best player in the game and we shouldnt have let the superstar go

Harrison and Richards for me

and lets not Forget Luke O Donnell

Odonnell only played in 2003 under sheens and a deal was done mid year when he got injured so it can hardly be sheens fault for luke.Harrison played how mnay good games for the raiders?he didnt do anything special.

This thread is making sheens look good rather then what it was probably intended to be.lol

na it wasnt made to make sheens look like anything it was more of the people that have been critisizing retention since 06 that it was getting at so far i think we can only say 4-5 as a general concensus shouldnt have been let go

For me it would definitely be Brett Hodgson. An experienced fullback with a top notch kicking game who gave a lot in attack.

Him and the towering Pat Richards.

@Davester said:
For me it would definitely be Brett Hodgson. An experienced fullback with a top notch kicking game who gave a lot in attack.

I give up after all the commenst in this thread someone still says richards.

@tiger4ever said:
@Davester said:

I give up after all the commenst in this thread someone still says richards.

Has anyone mentioned Pat Richards yet?
\
\
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just thinking about Skando's recent form, you would have to look at it as a shame that he was let go for the past two seasons, doesn't look like he is past his best to me.

To be fair so many of these guys werent let go.

Prince and Laffranchi just wanted to live in QLD. Hell if a premiership wouldnt entice them to stay what else would?
Richards we couldnt compete with the UK

Other than those 3 I dont think anyone was too dissapointed to see the others go. Teo, Harrison, Whatuira, Hodgson, Elford, Skandallis, all werent playing terrific footy around htere leavel, or they were old etc.

O'Donnell i dont remember the circumstances, but he hadnt done anything in 3 years and I think he probably just wanted a change. In saying that it doesnt excuse whoever it was…Lamb or Sheens for not trying to get the best out of him. A big big athletic backrower who can hit the line hard in defence and attack. The Wests Tigers have never had one of them and still dont. O'Donnell probably falls into the same class as Willie Manu and Gray Viane, just the latter 2 didnt kick on.

Jeff Limas the one who is most dissapointing as it was clear as daylight during his time he was a good player yet he was never given a chance. The few times he played first grade i was more than impressed with him but for random reasons a week later hed be dropped.

@MGB said:
Just thinking about Skando's recent form, you would have to look at it as a shame that he was let go for the past two seasons, doesn't look like he is past his best to me.

playing devil's advocate, would skando have been able to reach the form he had of had he not gone overseas?
the break away from the club he had essentially played his whole career at seemed to do him wonders.
he looks fitter then what he probably was back in 2000 when he touched down for the first try.
\
\
I for one didn't want to loose hodgo, his on field inspiration cannot be matched.
he and farah basically carried us in attack, even when he was running around with one bung knee.
hopefully when his stint over in england is up he'll come back into the fold as part of the coaching staff or as a runner/trainer ala geoff toovey for manly of alfie langer for broncos.

scott prince would also be up there as a big loss. until moltzen slipped into halfback this year we have not been able to replace him.
although it was his choice to leave. you could tell in the months leading up to him officially signing with the titans his mind wasn't on the job.

richards was a loss as well, but he made that choice well before the grandfinal.
it's only this year with tuiaki that we have been able to find an attacking weapon out wide that is as devistating if not more then pat richards was in 05.

Latest posts

Members online

Back