Official: Three Life Members to lead coaching succession plan

WT2K

Staff member
Forum Leader
Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Tim Sheens will take over as the club’s Head Coach in 2023 with his former premiership-winning playmakers Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah by his side.

Sheens will take charge for the 2023 and 2024 seasons as Head Coach, with Marshall and Farah as his assistants. Marshall will then assume the role as Head Coach for a further three seasons (2025-27).

Robbie Farah will also continue his involvement over the next two seasons. He will be an Assistant Coach to Sheens in 2023 and 2024.

This coaching succession plan will bring together more than 1300 games of NRL experience shared between three club icons, who together combined to win Wests Tigers’ maiden premiership in 2005.

CEO Justin Pascoe says this is a perfect way to drive the club forwardThis is about having Wests Tigers DNA surging through the club, and it’s about putting together a rock-solid coaching plan for the next five years."

Justin Pasc
"This is a very clear path forward for this club and we are delighted to have Tim, Benji and Robbie reunited for the next phase of our club’s growth.

Benji and Robbie are two of the most talented players this club has seen, and Tim’s coaching record speaks for itself.”

These three have achieved just about everything there is to achieve in the game and this partnership I know will be really, really powerful for our club.”

Justin Pascoe
"It also demonstrates that we are putting pathways in place not just for our players, but for our coaches as well. “

It’s a great day for our club.”

"This is about having Wests Tigers DNA surging through the club, and it’s about putting together a rock-solid coaching plan for the next five years."
"These three have achieved just about everything there is to achieve in the game and this partnership I know will be really, really powerful for our club.”

- Justin Pascoe

"This is about having Wests Tigers DNA surging through the club, and it’s about putting together a rock-solid coaching plan for the next five years."
"These three have achieved just about everything there is to achieve in the game and this partnership I know will be really, really powerful for our club.”

- Justin Pascoe

This is the best signature ever:-

President, founder, and only member of the Luke Brooks Fan Club
#PascoeBestCEO
#LeeHagipantelisBestChairperson

Couldn't get a comment from the head of football? Oh wait..

I don’t understand how they got to this decision. The Sheens appointment is debatable but a short term deal… I guess we don’t have too many options. Exactly how they decided to appoint a guy who has 0 games as a coach for 3 years is something I cannot explain.

Oh well, buckle up. We’re all on this ride together now.

In all honesty, if we were ever going to be successful, it would be emotionally amazing if it was with Sheens, Robbie and Benji as coaches, Brooks at 7, Noffa on the wing and Twal in the forwards. Imagine these 6 people holding the premiership trophy in Wests Tigers colours. I don't think there is anything else that would replace this other than maybe having Rowdy as Head Trainer or something.

But... God this has trouble written all over it.

I'm putting it as a 0.1% chance of actually being successful. Success to me means being in the Top 8 in ANY SINGLE one of the five years. It's an extremely low bar to set which I still don't think we will achieve.

But the emotional part of me is excited so let's go TIGERS!!

Lost for words.

Who really knows how this will end.

Players respect Benji, but real fans know he’s a snake.

Robbie however, blessed king of Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Tim Sheens will take over as the club’s Head Coach in 2023 with his former premiership-winning playmakers Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah by his side.

Sheens will take charge for the 2023 and 2024 seasons as Head Coach, with Marshall and Farah as his assistants. Marshall will then assume the role as Head Coach for a further three seasons (2025-27).

Robbie Farah will also continue his involvement over the next two seasons. He will be an Assistant Coach to Sheens in 2023 and 2024.

This coaching succession plan will bring together more than 1300 games of NRL experience shared between three club icons, who together combined to win Wests Tigers’ maiden premiership in 2005.

CEO Justin Pascoe says this is a perfect way to drive the club forwardThis is about having Wests Tigers DNA surging through the club, and it’s about putting together a rock-solid coaching plan for the next five years."

Justin Pasc
"This is a very clear path forward for this club and we are delighted to have Tim, Benji and Robbie reunited for the next phase of our club’s growth.

Benji and Robbie are two of the most talented players this club has seen, and Tim’s coaching record speaks for itself.”

These three have achieved just about everything there is to achieve in the game and this partnership I know will be really, really powerful for our club.”

Justin Pascoe
"It also demonstrates that we are putting pathways in place not just for our players, but for our coaches as well. “

It’s a great day for our club.”

I wanted to click the Leak Button but I guess the Like Button will do! I'm actually almost OK with this decision after being dumbfounded initially. The Good News is that Benji will be the first Coaching Apprentice Graduate at The COE - Actually not a bad move I reckon!

Really would've preferred either Morris or Flanagan with Cayless, as our assistants, with Benji and Farah potentially 5 years down the track. But don't think I'll ever get off this rollercoaster ride.
Kimmorley is coaching the women's team isn't he? Or is he part of the pathways and halves (coaching) only?

Reactions: 851
I don’t understand how they got to this decision. The Sheens appointment is debatable but a short term deal… I guess we don’t have too many options. Exactly how they decided to appoint a guy who has 0 games as a coach for 3 years is something I cannot explain.

Oh well, buckle up. We’re all on this ride together now.
I think they’ve identified that for a while now the WT playing group is mostly here for their attractive salary and doesn’t have an emotional attachment to the jersey. It’s pretty evident to me in how they commit when they’re tested on the field. They play as individuals rather than as a team. Bringing back people who genuinely care for the jersey makes a lot of sense to me. They will still need to get players who buy in.

Back