Official: Three Life Members to lead coaching succession plan

Why is Sheens starting in 2023? Surely he can start now?

Benji has way too much stuff on his plate with his media commitments, businesses and profile. The Head Coach needs to put his all in this role and I can't see Benji doing that.

Not starting now because he knows he's got a lame squad - He'll shift a few, Get Papi and Api - Win a few games and kick off his tenure as the saviour...

Apparently buzz is claiming responsibility that it was his idea, in the daily telegraph but I can't read the story it's behind a paywall
Hahaha

No one takes NRL360 Journos as seriously as they take themselves. Buzz is just a meme.

Hahaha

No one takes NRL360 Journos as seriously as they take themselves. Buzz is just a meme.
If it's true our board are more screwed up than I ever imagined, getting coaching appointment advice from a jurno a drunk one at that, how many shots had they had at Grappa.

Reactions: PJ_
I'm going to go against popular opinion and say I like this. I think Marshall has a phenomenal football brain and Sheens is a great coach of coaches. There's a clear direction that can be shown to the pathway kids and anyone else crazy enough to sign with us.

Ok I get that. But why a 5 year contract? Were there 5 other clubs trying to sign Benji as a head coach that we needed to fight off? What happens if in 6 months everyone realises Benji is a terrible coach? What if Sheens takes us to top 4 and decides he would like to stay?

It’s an unnecessarily long contract based on guess work. It might pay off, but it’s a hell of a gamble.
It’s a 3 year deal after a two year apprenticeship. Our roster is probably two years off being competitive, so it’s a 3 year deal. It’s risky but I don’t see better options jumping out of the ground.

If it's true our board are more screwed up than I ever imagined, getting coaching appointment advice from a jurno a drunk one at that, how many shots had they had at Grappa.

Our board are probably the only people who can match the drunken sot Buzz in the IQ stakes.

I'm going to go against popular opinion and say I like this. I think Marshall has a phenomenal football brain and Sheens is a great coach of coaches. There's a clear direction that can be shown to the pathway kids and anyone else crazy enough to sign with us.
Just wondering Yoss, based on this announcement alone, how likely do you think we are of making Top 8 or Top 4 in next 5 years?

Do you think we are more likely than we were with Madge, Flanno, Morris, Wolfe etc?

Reactions: BZN
Just wondering Yoss, based on this announcement alone, how likely do you think we are of making Top 8 or Top 4 in next 5 years?

Do you think we are more likely than we were with Madge, Flanno, Morris, Wolfe etc?
More likely than the last 5 years! Who could say honestly? The talent is there in the juniors to be successful, it's a matter of retaining them. Forwards are starting to shape up nicely. Just need some backs.

Watched 360 for the first time since braif took over. Kent really open that the front office is the problem, Robbie's role sounds weird, attack coach with Quentin and also an admin role? Benji defended the club with just as much passion as he stuck it to them previously. Shitshow or a miracle about to happen?

Reactions: 851
I’m one of the very few on here that’s not ridiculing this coaching plan. It may fail miserably in time but I’m not rubbishing the club adhoc.

Maybe because after Maguire we can’t go any worse. Maybe because I really need something - anything - to give me hope.

Who is going to be the defence coach? Robbie? THAT needs fixing although I think Cayless is doing better than the last bloke

Just when you think the Tiger's organization has hit rock bottom, you find they have bought some earth moving equipment.

Benji could move like no one else, but I don't see any reason he would make a good coach.
Good communicator, tough upbringing (ability to handle adversity), understanding of what a playmaker needs for success, experience with being a media sensation, sheens/Bennett influence. I see plenty to give me hope.

More likely than the last 5 years! Who could say honestly? The talent is there in the juniors to be successful, it's a matter of retaining them. Forwards are starting to shape up nicely. Just need some backs.
Mate I'm putting a very low chance of having us in the top 8 in next 5 years. I think our chances were higher last 5 years especially when Cleary was here.

But even if we do, the way they've come about with this decision is wrong. I don't think they've had enough time to give it a thought. Benji has been all over media trying to get his doco started and Sheens has been interviewing potential coaches.

Back