Once again QLD proves it is the home of Rugby League

@happy tiger said:
@Tiger Watto said:
Thought it was a great game of footy Stryker… All 34 Players deserved the MOM Award.

I think its paramount the NRL play Broncos vs Cowboys/Titans in Round 1 every year.

Pity no one picked up on the massive call with twenty seconds left

When Barba knocks the ball out of JTs hands the Broncos player who dives on the ball comes from on offside position

I can't believe that no one picked up on it .

Madness in Round 1 they don't play all the big games that will draw crowds

Souths v Easts
Broncos v Cowboys
Storm v Warriors
Saints v Sharks
Parra v Penrith
Manly v Tigers
Canberra v Bulldogs
Knights v Titans

I think the broncos player grounded it ingoal. I thought you couldn't be offside when you're in your ingoal?

And the draw couldn't have so many blockbusters as a few of those grounds were taken up by other codes so it become a very Sydney centric round.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@innsaneink said:
Where were these posts Stryker when brisbane sucked last year and were averaging 24k to home games

They didnt average 24K, they averaged 30480 for their 12 games. Not bad for a side that sucked eh? In fact they havent averaged under 30K since 2004.
source: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/brisbane.html

As someone else pointed out… 9 teams in Sydney, 1 in Brisbane. If Sydney had only one team, we'd sell out ANZ stadium

That only applies if the play occurs in the in goal area Peaches

The original strip occurs before the try line and isn't a strip as it occurs whilst JT is trying to score

The player comes from the field of play back into the in goal area

It's time the Tigers are culled so Stryker can make a guilt-free transition into the Broncos fanbase hey? :smiley:

@steve-o said:
As someone else pointed out… 9 teams in Sydney, 1 in Brisbane. If Sydney had only one team, we'd sell out ANZ stadium

This is a part of my point. Some Sydney clubs have to go. There is not enough fans prepared to go to 7 Sydney fixtures in the one weekend. It was terrible scheduling.Brisbane could support at least 1 more side with another in Central Queensland at the minimum.

@Winnipeg said:
It's time the Tigers are culled so Stryker can make a guilt-free transition into the Broncos fanbase hey? :smiley:

Haha I dont want the Tigers culled persay. I wouldnt follow the Broncs if we vanished. I would follow the relocated side if that happened and if not then the Cowboys.

@happy tiger said:

The original strip occurs before the try line and isn't a strip as it occurs whilst JT is trying to score

This is the truth. I was a bit taken aback there was no penalty there at the time as well.

@Tiger Watto said:
Thought it was a great game of footy Stryker… All 34 Players deserved the MOM Award.

Yeah Watto, cracking game of footy. Getting excited about the form of the Origin boys as well.

@stryker said:
@happy tiger said:

This is the truth. I was a bit taken aback there was no penalty there at the time as well.

When he grounded the ball, hasn't he then retreated to behind where the strip was committed thus making him onside?

2013 Figures show:

Broncos averaged home crowds of 30480 (Impressive given how poor they were)
Sydney clubs combined home attendance averages 134878

Brisbane has a population of 2,189,878\. Broncos attendance was 1.39% of the population
Sydney has a population of 4,667,283\. Sydney attendances were 2.8% of the population.

Very basic analysis and doesn't factor in distance to grounds, socioeconomic factors, and the performance of individual clubs. It does however show that you can't just compare the figures of a one team town to a market split 9 ways and that Sydney crowds aren't as bad as some would like to think.

Weather forecast for Sunday

Sydney
Summary
Min 21
Max 29
Afternoon showers. Chance storm.
Chance of any rain: 80%
\
\
Brisbane
Min 19
Max 33
Sunny.
Chance of any rain: 10%

You win again

I think before another team is put in QLD, the Titans need to fix up their crowds. They should be getting close to double the 12k or so that they got today on a Sunday afternoon.

If the AFL club the Suns can pull more people to their games then the Titans, that doesn't really say to me that QLD is the home of Rugby League.

@stryker said:
Haha I dont want the Tigers culled persay. I wouldnt follow the Broncs if we vanished. I would follow the relocated side if that happened and if not then the Cowboys.

I'd follow nobody. I've seen the Pies kicked out twice and then ultimately killed by big money. I don't follow the team now as passionately as I did the Pies so if the merger was relocated that would be it for me and rugby league. However, there is no way in hell I'd follow aerial ping pong.

BTW, I live in WA (originally from NSW) and wear Wests Magpies gear while every idiot around here thinks I go for Collingwood. :wtf

Latest posts

Members online

Back