Once again QLD proves it is the home of Rugby League

stryker

For quite a few years now Queensland has proven itself to be the state who embraces this great code the most. We sell out stadiums consistently, draw the best crowds for internationals, have won origin 8 years on the trot and again tonight the Broncs drew 42000 fans.

It is about time that the NRL realises that Queensland is the nations premier rugby league audience and Brissie is the true home if the sport. Sydney has done its dash. The scheduling of nearly every game in NSW for round 1 was an embarrassment for the code. Worst crowd figures in a decade. The results are in. Sydney is no longer the spiritual home of Rugby League…it hasn't been for many years.

We need to cull some of the NSW clubs and take advantage of the support the sport receives up here. We need to hold more finals games up here.

Sydney has had it's chance, it done its dash. For Rugby League to grow and compete with the other winter sports, it must concentrate on Queensland.

Haha go to bed then.
Not feeling inadequate, moreso superior. Focus on Sydney is killing this code.

1 team in a city vs 9 teams in a city… hmm i wonder who will get better crowds if both are league cities....

I feel the NRL needs to have less games in order to increase the hype and interest in each game. I can never see crowds dramatically grow the way the NRL schedule is structured. Less is more

@pHyR3 said:
1 team in a city vs 9 teams in a city… hmm i wonder who will get better crowds if both are league cities....

this just emphasises the need to reduce the teams in Sydney…. The good ol Western Australian Tigers!!!

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@stryker said:
Haha go to bed then.
Not feeling inadequate, **moreso superior.** Focus on Sydney is killing this code.

The fact something like this makes you feel superior….11pm on a Fri night.. :laughing: LOL - highlite of the week eh?

Glad you feel better - little things all add up

@stryker said:
We need to cull some of the NSW clubs and take advantage of the support the sport receives up here. We need to hold more finals games up here.

You may get your wish according to today's paper. Oh and you'll be happy to know its us they are talking about being relocated.

@Furious1 said:
@stryker said:

You may get your wish according to today's paper. Oh and you'll be happy to know its us they are talking about being relocated.

Qantas fly direct from Brisbane!

@Anonymous said:
@Furious1 said:
@stryker said:

Qantas fly direct from Brisbane!

It might fly direct from Sydney too, but can stick it up their arse if they go.

Thought it was a great game of footy Stryker… All 34 Players deserved the MOM Award.

I think its paramount the NRL play Broncos vs Cowboys/Titans in Round 1 every year.

Haha a footy hungry mob that have to wait till round 2 to see their team, after a strong win in Syd in round one, against another QLD team….was always going to be a great crowd in a one team city

Timing.

Where were these posts Stryker when brisbane sucked last year and were averaging 24k to home games

"I feel superior"...nyuk nyuk

Maybe time for QLD to have their own comp again and see how the crowds pan out then.
They can also ban their players from any other comp and we can have a real state of origin. :unamused: :laughing:

@cktiger said:
Maybe time for QLD to have their own comp again and see how the crowds pan out then.
They can also ban their players from any other comp and we can have a real state of origin. :unamused: :laughing:

or let all the NSWRL clubs play in there own comp again where they belong… Wests vs Balmain could be a curtain-raiser for the A-League or AFL?

Put another team in Brisbane then see how many turn up to see Brisbane x 2 plus penrith

@Tiger Watto said:
Thought it was a great game of footy Stryker… All 34 Players deserved the MOM Award.

I think its paramount the NRL play Broncos vs Cowboys/Titans in Round 1 every year.

Pity no one picked up on the massive call with twenty seconds left

When Barba knocks the ball out of JTs hands the Broncos player who dives on the ball comes from on offside position

I can't believe that no one picked up on it .

Madness in Round 1 they don't play all the big games that will draw crowds

Souths v Easts
Broncos v Cowboys
Storm v Warriors
Saints v Sharks
Parra v Penrith
Manly v Tigers
Canberra v Bulldogs
Knights v Titans

I wonder if we would be seeing a thread like this in 2004? That was when NSW was winning origin consistently and Queenslanders didn't care for it. Many of them were saying it was dead due to the the Blues dominance. Fast forward a few years and suddenly Queensland is the home of the game. I wouldn't want the home to go through a losing streak again that's for sure.

Back