Once in a generation player

southerntiger

Simon Dwyer - he is that good. His defensive clean up work early in the game was incredible for such a young guy. Once he gets 20 games under his belt he is going to be amazing.

I actually think there are a couple more the same age and in our club ..if all goes well the next couple of seasons could be very exciting and on Dwyer he should be in the team every week he is the future no doubt .

There are some fantastic junior forwards coming through the club at the moment headed by Fifita and Dwyer. Rhys Curran is going well for BRET, Chris Corby is playing well for Wests and there are some big units coming through the NYC who are getting to train with FG and learn the ropes. Promising times ahead in the Tigers forward stocks.

the continued success of NYC team and to a lesser extent the State Cup sides shouldn't be underestimated.
These players are getting into the habit of **winning** and since rugby league is 49% mental, that is an attribute that will sew the best seeds

@Kul said:
the continued success of NYC team and to a lesser extent the State Cup sides shouldn't be underestimated.
These players are getting into the habit of **winning** and since rugby league is 49% mental, that is an attribute that will sew the best seeds

It was the same situation in '05 where most of the young guys had all come through from a very very successful few years prior to 1st grade and just carried on with the same mindset.

& to the original poster, yes he is a very high quality player. Whether at his age he (& Fifita for that matter) can maintain their level all season we'll have to wait and see but they need to be signed to the club because they have great futures.

fifita and dwyer are definatly future forward leaders of this club

the thing that impressed me most about dwyer last night that in his first 2 defensive sets he made 7 out of a possible 10 tackles.

he needs to hit the edges more like pritchard and waterhouse do

You must have been watching the Dragons game then. Simon got on early and played quite a few minutes last night.

@guesty123 said:
i didnt even see him get on the field..

Came on at the 28th Minute mark and improved the defence dramatically…

Ripped in from go to whoa.....

Huge Simon Dwyer fan....

Can't wait for bash brother Jason Schirnack gets himself fit....

Look out....

I have always thought he has the goods…..but the one who has impressed greatly is Fafita, I know he is only young but after watching those 2 muppets NSW had upfront the other night, the blues selectors wouldnt pick him, but he wouldnt let us down.....cant remember if he played any first grade last year, if he didnt get on him for rookie of the year

simon dwyer once in a generation player? has he been better than fifita? dont know about that. benji marshall is a one in a geration player - you knew he had the goods back then. but i hope you are right no doubt.

Just a matter of keeping them. Quite likely a few of them will need to go somewhere else to get the bucks over the next few years.
Just hope the retention of goooood young players is handled well by the club.

I think he is the real deal!

He is a big unit and if he has his fair share of luck with injuries then his expected improvement will see his name mentioned for future Representative Teams.

@Geo. said:
@guesty123 said:

Huge Simon Dwyer fan....

Look out....

That makes two of us. The whole mood of the team changes when he goes on the field and I just can't put my finger on why. It could be the hard running of the ball or his defence, but one thing I do know the team just lifts to a new level when he is on the paddock. I hope we see alot more of him.
:sign:

AHX Dwyer is better than Fifita IMHO. That being said they are very different players who will both be superstars.

@Geo. said:
@guesty123 said:

Huge Simon Dwyer fan....

Look out....

I've always thought that Jason Schirnack looks the more damaging runner out of him & Dwyer.

@tiger05 said:
I've always thought that Jason Schirnack looks the more damaging runner out of him & Dwyer.

Yeah…I tend to agree.....Dwyer is a better defender IMO

Schirnack reminds me of Gallen certainly in the aggression stakes....

Simon is a little to nice.....but that's changin.... :imp:

Shirnack reminds me of Heighno.

Dwyer looks like he could end up a very big boy. Can only see good things for him.

Would prefer to have Runciman back though

Back