One captain...again...

Every press conference he mentions trainin hard how we are a bit like the Panthers years ago and it's all about implementing trainin on to the paddock rinse and repeat bloody over him.

Every press conference he mentions trainin hard how we are a bit like the Panthers years ago and it's all about implementing trainin on to the paddock rinse and repeat bloody over him.
He’ll be a pamfer ambassador soon enough .. handing out flyers at Penrith park

Reactions: PJ2
The Wests Tigers have abandoned their five-man captaincy system and installed former captain James Tamou as the club’s sole on-field leader for the rest of the 2022 season.

What a dud choice. Tamou barely deserves a spot in the team and phones in 3 games a month. He is the leader? His slow line speed and 50 yards a game whilst being dominated by opp pack? The leader??

And he will only be on the field half the time...

Why on earth not appoint Hastings captain? Or AD in a couple of weeks.

Honestly....you can't even make this stuff up anymore.
AD and Hastings are leaving. No point offering them leadership positions. They'll lead with their feet, exit stage left!

The Wests Tigers have abandoned their five-man captaincy system and installed former captain James Tamou as the club’s sole on-field leader for the rest of the 2022 season.

What a dud choice. Tamou barely deserves a spot in the team and phones in 3 games a month. He is the leader? His slow line speed and 50 yards a game whilst being dominated by opp pack? The leader??

And he will only be on the field half the time...

Why on earth not appoint Hastings captain? Or AD in a couple of weeks.

Honestly....you can't even make this stuff up anymore.
Having Tamou as captain is a perfect embodiment for a playing group that plays like they couldn't care any less for themselves or their club.

Appoint someone who actually wants to be there.

AD or Jacko ...
No Brainer

It's typical Tiger bashing at the moment. "Farcical" at the Tigers but Ok at Souths. I raised the point on another thread that when Madge joined Souths he introduced a 5 man Captaincy roster. By mid season it was reduced to 2 men Crocker & Sutton. They made the Prelim Final that year.
Everyone forgets who the captain was when Cleary was coach of the Tigers in 2018 and after Aaron Woods left.

Can’t we do this stuff in house? Do we need to advertise everything we do?
The first anyone should of heard of this is when we pick the side next and one captain is picked with one vice captain. I know it’s old school but it works.

I think I used to complain 5 years ago that the media department isn't transparent enough with the supporters.

Right now, the club just needs to shut up. No more press releases, no more announcements. Just give generic answers with mandatory interviews.

They need to get away from the limelight.

It just made the club look even more stupid. If you are a battling club and you name 5 captains, how does that look anything but like you have no idea what you are doing. It shows no faith in the players.

Back