Only have upvotes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsiro

Not sure who to appeal to here...(mods, kul, other administrators?)

It is pretty clear that the downvotes are really frustrating people on here. They are mostly unwarranted and may only serve to dishearten and discourage posting.

I'm not sure of the solution, but perhaps as as a suggestion can we simply eliminate the option to downvote?

@bigsiro said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442935) said:

It is pretty clear that the downvotes are really frustrating people on here. They are mostly unwarranted and may only serve to dishearten and discourage posting.

I'm not sure of the solution, but perhaps as as a suggestion can we simply eliminate the option to downvote?

Harden up cupcake lol

Or at least show the down-voters with the upvotes?

The anonymity only encourages these idiots.

@hobbo1 said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442937) said:

Harden up cupcake lol

Hilarious @hobbo1 You know I could care less!

(But I'd be lying if I said that it isn't a little annoying)

Seriously, from reading other's posts it clearly impacts them and the tone of the forum. It's a form of cyber bullying which could be stamped out. This forum shouldn't encourage that crap.

@bigsiro said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442938) said:

@bigsiro i've said said it many times now, the **downvote** function is used by the sick hearted **hatemongers** as a **disguised** form of harassment and bullying.

Typical of someone who calls others fanboys and idiots if they don’t agree with you. You post a lot of rubbish on here.

@the-road-runner said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442942) said:
Typical of someone who calls others fanboys and idiots if they don’t agree with you. You post a lot of rubbish on here.

You are welcome to that opinion. Happy to discuss opinions on the topics anytime.
But I don't think I have called someone an idiot here?

Fanboy yes. That's hardly the same.

@bigsiro said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442940) said:

Harden up cupcake lol

Seriously, from reading other's posts it clearly impacts them and the tone of the forum. It's a form of cyber bullying which could be stamped out. This forum shouldn't encourage that crap.

Oh come on.

Like I've said previously I am sure everyone with at least a couple of hundred posts has probably been downvoted at least once.

Our mate who says downvoting is a form of bullying has done so themselves on three occasions, so they don't practice what they preach.

Harden up cupcake lol

C’mon mate you can’t be president of the bash brooks fan club then whinge about a few downvotes ?

@cultured_bogan said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442944) said:

Harden up cupcake lol

Oh come on.

Like I've said previously I am sure everyone with at least a couple of hundred posts has probably been downvoted at least once.

Our mate who says downvoting is a form of bullying has done so themselves on three occasions, so they don't practice what they preach.

I never said I am perfect. but in all my years here, down voting 3 times is hardly the systemic problem I am talking about.
No need to pick fights here - we are all on the same team CB.
I'm just trying to make this place more harmonious.

@hobbo1 said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442945) said:

Harden up cupcake lol

C’mon mate you can’t be president of the bash brooks fan club then whinge about a few downvotes ?

Brooks sucks. That is quite another topic HAHA.
I think it might even have its own thread.....HAHAHA

@cultured_bogan said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442944) said:

Harden up cupcake lol

Oh come on.

He's also proven himself to be a pathetic troll

Seriously? A down vote is now online bullying?
Oh God! ?
I'm glad I'm.on my way.out

Just think of it this way, an upvote is a downvote and a downvote is a upvote.

Win Win!

@finesttigers said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442941) said:

@bigsiro i've said said it many times now, the **downvote** function is used by the sick hearted **hatemongers** as a **disguised** form of harassment and bullying.

Downvoting is something that i very rarely do but i disagree with you on it being bullying.Seriously you need to learn to "chill out",
I did not downvote you on this either.

@the-road-runner said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442953) said:
You just called people idiots get over yourself

talking about the regular downvoters who hide. it is in direct reference to this topic - and yes, I am calling those people out.

Someone has to.

So you’ve been downvoting I hear ?
Go buy a cat loser !

@jadtiger said in [Only have upvotes ?](/post/1442955) said:

Downvoting is something that i very rarely do but i disagree with you on it being bullying.Seriously you need to learn to "chill out",
I did not downvote you on this either.

I simply started a discussion to try figure out a way collectively to try and remove some of he negative energy on here.

Maybe it's not bullying per se. I'm not married to any opinion. If there is good reason to keep them then so be it.
I am very chilled - not worked up. Just thought I'd make a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back