Opportunity missed

@tig_prmz said:
@Suzie-Q said:
What a surprise. A thread with room for discussion hijacked into "I told you you made a mistake 3 months ago" thread. Great work KS. :unamused:

…but Ink can dig out stuff from a year ago?

I'm not against people referring to old threads as long as it is in cotext,
KS is spot on here.

As for the thread, I believe there is no point retaliating until a punch is thrown.
That's my theory and people may agree/disagree, their opinion.
Matai pushed Galloway, no penalty
Galloway touches Matai, penalty.
Woods appeals for penalty, no penlaty given, try.
Showing mongrel and acting aggressive are two different things,
I reckon coming off the line quick was enough mongrel IMO.
Other things are too risky like the Woods and Galloway examples,
they can be a good thing, they can be a bad thing.
Bird, Matai etc. are good at it, that's why they get away with it,
these things cannot be coached.

Woods should of fallen over We would of got a penalty from the video ref for sure Then Lyons would of had a reason to whinge :laughing:

I agree with KS about what he said about you and not Galloway just to make it clear

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6987&time=1311949044

and this is what you said.

@innsaneink said:
I too again thought Keef was our best early on….dunno what you want from him KS, your clearly in the monority - again.
You keep bringing up other players, **Keith is Keith and I think you just need to accept that**, he goes forward, does his job, is disciplined.
Hard to please

by that you obviously meant, he is not agro
didn't have mongrel etc
and you said we need to accept that and KS is hard to please.
What happened with Kennedy was way more than what happened today IMO.
Both time Keith IMO did the right thing.

Link doesnt work, but as I said to KS , this is a one on one incident, Im talking about the team - despite me forgetting to type ''team'' making a statement in defence early in the game

You can make a statement legally with hard strong defence, nothing illegal, smash them and push them back, then do it again, and again

@innsaneink said:
Link doesnt work, but as I said to KS , this is a one on one incident, Im talking about the team - despite me forgetting to type ''team'' making a statement in defence early in the game

You can make a statement legally with hard strong defence, nothing illegal, smash them and push them back, then do it again, and again

We do do that!!
Our line speed is bloody brilliant,
and there is no point trying to put a big hit every bloody time.
Refs these days understand when something is boiling up and hence are quick to give a penalty to slow things down.

And also as you said 3 months ago,
that's the way our "team" plays and you gotta get used to it.
If Gibbs went hard in a tackle and got penalised people would be calling for his head.

If he went in hard, legally (as i said) there'd be no penalty, and if there was it wouldnt be Gibbs fault…itd be the refs.
If Gibbs eye gouged or kneed, he'd be penalised also...but Im not talking about illegal stuff. Why does everyone think, "Making a statement in defence" is illegal or a square up?
Its not.
And why single out Gibbs?
Youre clutching at straws

@Balmain Bug said:
I agree with Ink. In the first few minutes, Glen Stewart came in 4th man in on Chris Lawrence just to swing a punch in his guts. It was a disgrace.

He should have been gang bashed on the spot.

Filthy dirty Mongrel.

I missed that. If that were the case though, the pig should have been pack hit for the rest of the night.

Shows the integrity of the Tigers compared to the beach pigeons though Bug. Lawrence could have got up and played into their hands by swinging a few, but he didn't. We didn't get drawn into the grubby tactics and let our footy do the talking.

@innsaneink said:
If he went in hard, legally (as i said) there'd be no penalty, and if there was it wouldnt be Gibbs fault…itd be the refs.
If Gibbs eye gouged or kneed, he'd be penalised also...but Im not talking about illegal stuff. Why does everyone think, "Making a statement in defence" is illegal or a square up?
Its not.

Trying to make a statement in defence OFTEN ends up being illegal.
Gibbs tried to do it against O'meley. Didn't turn out very good.
Anyways as you told KS months ago,
thats the way the TEAM plays and you gotta face it.
When was the last time one of our players got put on report or got suspended?
We rush up the line in defence and blokes like Ellis, Gibbs and Galloway hit hard in defence,
that's enough for me.
Tell me an example of how to legally make a statement in defence.
With risk comes reward AND penalties, we take enough risks in defence already

@tig_prmz said:
@innsaneink said:
Its not.

We rush up the line in defence and blokes like Ellis, Gibbs and Galloway hit hard in defence,
that's enough for me.

Gareth Ellis's hit in the first half That was a statement . A statement that we aren't here to f around

Those hits come off once in a while,
the refs these days fair dinkum go searching for penalties.
They want to blow up their whistle every friggin time
swinging arm, high shot they will make up any excuse to settle things down and blow a penalty.
If everyone could hit like Ellis, they would all be good.

@tig_prmz said:
@innsaneink said:
Its not.

that's enough for me.

Manly do it with their rushing defence….they hit, they hit hard and they hit to hurt, they get off their line fast & in numbers....it can be done legally......youre clutching at straws and you opinions on refs is invalid, we are seeing fewer penalties all the time

Please post a link…...everyones telling me what I said months ago yet I still havent seen it.
Keep it in context, lets see the thread, lets get a refresher on that game at that time, the momentum, the scores, the time of the game...the ACTUAL incident....iirc theyre completely different

The link works for me.
add this at the start http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/
Again, that's the way the team plays and you gotta accept it.
We give away the least amount of penalties.
Gain the most amount of penalties.
Have the least amount of suspensions.
Have the least amount of people put on report.
All that ^ if not completely, they are very close to the facts.

Negative: we don't hit the hardest in defence? That's debatable coz I think Gibbs and Ellis hit hard.

Again, our line speed is good. You can't expect someone like Fulton or Heighington to hit hard, coz they are workhorses like Hindy, Johnson etc. You can't have a team full of superstars Ink.

I'm not clutching at straws, I like Sheens' approach. You don't but you gotta accept that's the way they play and it has more positives than negatives.

Link does NOT work, takes me to ther front page

What does a team full of superstars have to do with anything I said on Fri….
Youre going so far off track it aint funny...
I wanted our boys to make a statement in one set....that is all.

You dont know what youre or I am talking about, give it away

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6987&time=1311949044

I know what you're talking about Ink.
I'm not gonna go repeating myself over and over again.
I am happy with what they did.
Unless a punch is thrown, no need to retaliate IMO.
If it got worse, and they tried to make a statement, IMO Manly would've started getting even more aggressive.
Not that I don't like aggressive games, I just don't think it suits our style of play.
There^ I'm going a tad off track and thinking too far, but everything else I still stick with.

@tig_prmz said:
http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6987&time=1311949044

I know what you're talking about Ink.
**I'm not gonna go repeating myself over and over again.**

Too late I think

I am happy with what they did.
Unless a punch is thrown, no need to retaliate IMO.

You dont know what Im talking about…retaliation?
Nope...not that.

If it got worse, and they tried to make a statement, IMO Manly would've started getting even more aggressive.
Not that I don't like aggressive games, I just don't think it suits our style of play.
There^ I'm going a tad off track and thinking too far, but everything else I still stick with.

You continually talking about ''if this'' & ''if that''....gets us no where.

Nice wind up btw.

Believe me....you DONT know what I mean.

Cya!

I'm not winding anything up mate.
You said you want them to show aggression.
IDK about you but I think its risky
and unless its absolutely necessary, we shouldn't.
The thing you are referring to iirc was just a little push and shove.
Hardly worth RISKING a penalty.
Tigers display a controlled aggression by getting off the line quick.
That's enough for me.
I CBF going back and watching that play again just for the sake of proving to you that I know wtf you're on about.
I believe they did the right thing thing, you dont. kthnksbye.

Back