Origin 2023

New South Wales coach Brad Fittler has swung the axe and dropped five players for Origin III as the Blues desperately try to avoid their first series whitewash in 13 years.

After losing Game II and the series, Fittler has dropped Jarome Luai, Junior Paulo, Tyson Frizell, Hudson Young and Stefano Utoikamanu.

Payne Haas (ankle) and Tom Trbojevic (pec) are both out injured, but Jake Trbojevic (calf) returns after missing the opening two games.

The Blues have recalled Cody Walker, Clint Gutherson, Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Jacob Saifiti, while Bradman Best and Keaon Koloamatangi will make their Origin debuts.

NEW SOUTH WALES
1. James Tedesco (c)
2. Brian To'o
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Bradman Best
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Damien Cook
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Liam Martin
12. Keaon Koloamatangi
13. Cameron Murray

14. Isaah Yeo
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Reece Robson
17. Clinton Gutherson

18. Scott Drinkwater
19. Spencer Leniu
Coach: Brad Fittler

INS: Bradman Best, Cody Walker, Jake Trbojevic, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Keaon Koloamatangi, Jacob Saifiti, Clinton Gutherson

OUTS: Tom Trbojevic (pectoral), Payne Haas (ankle), Jarome Luai, Junior Paulo, Tyson Frizell, Hudson Young, Stefano Utoikamanu
😂😂

Really enjoyed what Freddy did for the blues in 18&19 but he's been on a slippery slope since. To throw shade at sheens just a few days ago and to then name this abomination of a side is hilarious. Blues should have been a force in the past years and he's choked hard....Freddy your an idiot! He's failed to make the right selections since 2020, time to step down pal smh

Just wondering how him being x dumped after 10 minutes is gunna play with his head.... He sure as hell Will get little support at Concord Bar from his team mates

Exactly especially with who he has been replaced with & the other props punted also.

Stef will be fine.

STATE OF ORIGIN, GAME THREE, WEDNESDAY 12 JULY, ACCOR STADIUM, SYDNEY
WESTPAC NSW BLUES

1. James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
4. Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Cody Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)
8. Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels)
11. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
12. Keaon Koloamatangi (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
13. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
14. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
15. Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
16. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)
17. Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels)
18. Scott Drinkwater (North Queensland Cowboys)
19. Spencer Leniu (Penrith Panthers)
Coach: Brad Fittler

Don’t care about result of game 3,
But surely Billy Slater is thinking how bad it would be if NSW win, Fittler keeps his job and the same team for next year game 1.🤣🤣🤣 another QLD masterstroke.

Lots of strange selections, but the lack of props seems really weird. Surely that bench isn't right? I don't see how NSW makes metres.

I'm curious why the hate for JAC? He seems like a pretty likeable guy always laughing and not taking life too seriously. I don't think he should have been picked though. He had played 1 game after coming back from injury.
Should have been dropped imo, not half the player he was.
But Freddy has taken a bit of a who cares approach to this game, hasn’t he, a bit all over the place.
They might surprise but I’ve got to change my
opinion and say 3-0 to QLD.

Back