Other Goal kicking options?

DREW76

We really need a goal kicker. With F + A really playing a part in the ladder a poor goal kicking percent could cost us a top 4 position.
What other options are there?
Robbie can strike the ball sweetly.
I also believe Lawerence can kick quiet well too.

Thoughts….......

Lenny Kileen is still alive … I'd give him a go... can kick from half way -- toe poke in bare feet. :wink:

Sheens said in the post match that he was not 'panicking' about the goal kicking. Benji's kicking had been a lot better the last few weeks. That said, whilst a lot of his kicks tonight were from the sideline tonight, he missed two that no kicker should really ever miss ESPECIALLY the last one.

Im not as big a rap on Meaney as some, but id pick him on the wing next week. I think he can do a similar job to Brown but kick better goals than Benji so put him in.

he had been improving, had a deadset shocker tonight.
i don't like how sheens said they'll bring in the kickign coach now.. he should bloody be working on it all year!!!!!!!

What about Lote? I no on occasions he did some goal kicking in rugby pretty well i beleive?

Did anyone else finds Sheens' comments interesting in regards to someone else taking on the role of kicking goals.

It was something along the lines of:

_"It is not as if anyone else is practicing"_

Now it must just be me, but it sort of insinuates that no other player is putting their hand up to do the kicking. In other words, perhaps if Lawrence said "hey I will have a crack at kicking goals" then Sheens would entertain the idea.

Don't ignore that he also said Benji kicked all of them last week - most of which were from the sidelines. He had a bad night but still won us the game.

Sheens said he's not panicking - he bloody well should be. You can't win the comp with a goal kicker only kicking at 63%. It's been a problem all year - we score most of our tries out wide - yet nothing has been done to fix the problem. A bit late to call in the kicking coach!!! Nothing against Benji - the bloke can't do everything!!!

Imo Benji should not be allowed to kick a ball period short long for goal whatever. He's proved time and time again that he is no good at it. Surely Lawrence or someone else can strike a ball better than him.

boohoo!! benjis kicking has won us so many games this season and now he has one of night you back to the marshall kicking crucifixion threads? he is aloud one off game after he has won us so many which he had a big part of doing tonight!

i wonder what the average success rate is from out wide throughout the nrl.
tigers would probably be the hardest team to kick for.

of current first graders for the tigers i think everyone mentioned would be just as hit and miss.
i just wish benji was a little more consistent closer to goal.

I have a feeling Flanagan can kick although with Ellis due back next week he may struggle to hold his spot

Members online

Back