Our ambition for the rest of the season and beyond?

How do you know there isn't one.
If the next gig falls thru the board will cover their arse by saying they didn't rush into the decision and gave it considerable thought.
Nah that sucks, they stuffed up.
It's just something WT would do though.
If I was Madge I’d throw my hat back in the ring…probably get rehired.

I this Fox quote did Sheensy just add another year onto his 3 year plan? or is this a new 3 year plan starting next year?

“We just have to cherry pick where we need to cherry pick and develop and develop hard and continue our development program, which will be next year and the year after and the year after.

“We have got great pathways now. We are determined to make a fist of that. It will take a little bit of time, but I’m not saying it will be three years before we get a result.

“It will be over the period of three years that we need to get better and better and develop the kids as well as the younger players and the veterans that we will need to pick here and there.”

It’s not over yet
In 2005 we started our run in rd16
This week against the worriers is rd16
All we have to do is just win the next 8 straight & we’ll be in the 8

E3B0E117-CC3F-475F-A18B-9D763CF0506E.png

It probably won’t happen but we can dream can’t we 😴 😉

It’s not over yet
In 2005 we started our run in rd16
This week against the worriers is rd16
All we have to do is just win the next 8 straight & we’ll be in the 8

View attachment 1605

It probably won’t happen but we can dream can’t we 😴 😉
I feel like this post has been made every year since 2005 by some forum member. I probably made one in 2012 too!

Blood juniors for experience and drop players not part of WT plans for 2023.

Give injured players time to recover.
X2
Wins arent as important as giving the kids more experience I think. But we have to HOLD onto the kids too.

I think Gus alluded to the point recently where the NRL system doesn’t promote teams on the bottom to get higher with no draft system etc. that’s why the comp is always usually dominated by the same handful of teams.

For me personally it’s so hard following the NRL compared to other codes like basketball; nba nfl nhl

X2
Wins arent as important as giving the kids more experience I think. But we have to HOLD onto the kids too.

I think Gus alluded to the point recently where the NRL system doesn’t promote teams on the bottom to get higher with no draft system etc. that’s why the comp is always usually dominated by the same handful of teams.

For me personally it’s so hard following the NRL compared to other codes like basketball; nba nfl nhl
Bringing kids in this year is fraught with danger as they are going to be made to look bad in all likelihood.

Totally agree the game needs to explore ways to even the playing talent. The way it’s looking Panthers and Storm could dominate for the next 5-10 years.

2022 - give players a go who want to stay here and give 100%
- get the coach sorted - hopefully one of Payten, Morris, Flanagan, Wolffe
2023 - improve in all areas on the field - make the finals or go close
2024 to 2025 - make the finals both years
2026 to 2028 - make the finals all years - win a premiership in one of these years

Sounds like a fairy tale, I know. But there are definite positives. Off the field we are financially sound, have lots of cap space, players can be bought and offloaded over the next two years. Koriseau and Papalli are two great additions for next year. Sheens, working alongside one of the coaches listed, should help build the culture back from the rock bottom it is at now, and has been for years. This will also go a long way to keeping talented juniors. The rut can and should end. I truly believe brighter times ahead.

I hate plans. They never work the way you think they do. They are only there to appease people who can't accept reality.

Every year you look to do the best you can. Try and develop a good team with good systems in place. The coach shouldn't be a big issue.

I hate plans. They never work the way you think they do. They are only there to appease people who can't accept reality.

Every year you look to do the best you can. Try and develop a good team with good systems in place. The coach shouldn't be a big issue.
Yep agreed. The mindset should be to win a comp now. Not in 5 years. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

Back