Our management v other teams "methods".

cnx_tigers

If anyone has read Tuqiri's piece in today's Tele…it's clear he's deciding between French rugby and the Roosters.

He goes on about how impressed he was with Politis...how Politis has plans for the future...how Politis personally asked to meet him and sat down with him.

Meanwhile, our coach rang him for a couple of minutes...whilst our CEO didn't contact him at all and merely released a statement saying "If Lote is serious about the NRL and he doesn't want a fortune, he can contact Wests Tigers".

Right there fellas...that's why we are such a failure in terms of recruitment.

The modern player needs to be "courted"...they need to have their ego stroked and clubs NEED to be aggressive in going after them.

We are none of those things. That's why we haven't signed a current Kangaroo or Origin player. That's why we never get the "big fish".

The Corey Payne's and Mitch Brown's of this world, we can get them. But to get 'stars', we need to change our whole approach.

Crowe has been publicly courting Burgess. Crowe met Asotasi and sold him a vision. The Bulldogs meet the player's families and wine and dine their wives and make everyone feel important.

We do none of these things. We're absolutely hopeless at recruitment.

@softlaw said:
sheens' runs everything we do and his ego won;t allow him to court anyone other than himself.

BTW I sent you an email about Burgess…mailed it to your work email though.

With the Roosters, Tuqiri met and sat down with one of the most powerful men in Australia who obviously made a huge impression on him. With the Wests Tigers, they got Robbie Farah to do a TV grab in front of the camera's begging him to join us and say he already lives in the Balmain area and it is a beautiful place to live yahda yahda.

:unamused:

Just like they forced Robbie and Benji to do medi stunts at the begining of the year when there was an uproar that J Mo was playing halfback and everybody but Gallant was playing fullback.

Look at what Todd Greenberg done for the Bulldogs yesterday, we had a top notch CEO and the board turfed him because he wanted to put performance indicators into place.

I love the Wests Tigers Players, but the Fonz and his Crew are a Joke. Not a ha ha joke, but a sad joke. :blush:

I have long been critical of the way this club and its senior decision makers operate. Sometimes i think the club lacks the necessary ambition required of successful nrl club. Perhaps too busy looking after their best interests and having a club which doesnt need to make the hard decisions.

No body in the JV cares simple as that….. if Balmain or Wests were making the decisions as a sole entity Sheens would have been gone yrs ago.There is no other explanation for the Non activity from the board regarding all this madness..No One Cares they both never wanted to form a JV it all seems a bit of an inconvienance to them in my view.

Latest posts

Back