Parramatta Side

TigerRock

PARRAMATTA Eels have named their teams to play the Wests Tigers at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday night.
The NRL side is:
1 Jarryd HAYNE
2 Luke BURT
3 Krisnan INU
4 Joel REDDY
5 Eric GROTHE

6 Daniel MORTIMER
7 Jeff ROBSON

8 Nathan CAYLESS [C]
9 Matthew KEATING
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Joe GALUVAO
13 Todd LOWRIE

14 Kevin KINGSTON
16 Ben SMITH
17 Tim MANNAH
19 Jeremy LATIMORE

http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/parramatta-eels-teams-to-play-wests-tigers/

Do you notice how the other team always seems to name its team well before we do?

I am really wondering where they are stronger than us? Outside of Hayne the freak our backline matches up ok and I would take our pack and bench.

yes true, BUT it's not won on paper and we need to show up with a strong defensive effort against these guys, no doubt the plan will be to try and bash us and offload to create second phase. Galea must start and J-Mo needs more time IMO.

@TigerRock said:
yes true, BUT it's not won on paper and we need to show up with a strong defensive effort against these guys, no doubt the plan will be to try and bash us and offload to create second phase. Galea must start and J-Mo needs more time IMO.

What's new….that's what they normally do to us very other game they play us

Not much between the two sides, really a this game could go either way, nothing would really surprise me. They are a bit bigger across the park and we probably have a bit more class in the right postions

be wary of Inu & hayne.
Fui Fui is going well at the moment. get up in his face, rattle him and put him off his game, even if a bit of ' friendly biffo" is required. :laughing:

Not surprised they didn't name Mateo. He's got no match fitness under his belt and you would have to be a brave man to disrupt a winning side like that. Apart from Moi Moi and Hindmarsh in the forwards, the Eels pack does not look very intimidating, although like the Tigers, they're turning up to play for one another which has been one of the keys to their recent success. The other key is Hayne. Tigers need to watch him all night, and if it means kicking the ball dead to nullify his kick returns, then so be it. It could be just the key to disrupt the Eels too, as Hayne puts them on the front foot so often with his kick returns.

throw the attack down the crap Reddy and Grothes side and we have 4 trys right there

@Golden said:
throw the attack down the crap Reddy and Grothes side and we have 4 trys right there

Don't see many games? They're playing great at the moment. Reddy is probably in career best form.

Eels five-eighth Daniel Mortimer revels in playing heroes
By Andrew Webster From: The Daily Telegraph August 19, 2009 12:00AM

PARRAMATTA rookie Daniel Mortimer has revealed on the eve of the biggest game of his career that he will be "starstruck" when he lines up against Wests Tigers magician Benji Marshall on Friday night.

While Mortimer continues to play beyond his years since his debut in round 12, the 20-year-old freely admitted he was still overawed by the calibre of players on the other side of the trench.

Earlier this year it was Broncos captain Darren Lockyer. Last week his eyes were popping out of his head at the first sight of veteran Warriors playmaker Stacey Jones.

On Friday night at the SFS he lines up against the in-form Marshall in what looms as the biggest match of Mortimer's career with a finals berth on the line.

"It'll be the biggest, easily. Every game becomes the biggest of my career but this is definitely a big one," Mortimer said.

"Benji will be hard to contain, he always is. He's a very naturally talented player so, yeah, I am feeling the pressure a bit.

"I still get starstruck every time I play. It is kind of settling in.

It is just another game of footy and I have to do my part for the team. It's hard. I'm starting to get used to it.

"My favourite player growing up was Stacey Jones. He is someone I've always looked up to. I'll always be very appreciative that I'm here and getting the opportunity."

Marshall gave a frank reminder in his side's 56-10 thumping against the bottom-placed Sharks last weekend that he remains one of the NRL's most potent attacking weapons.

His confident resurgence has helped thrust the Tigers to fifth on the ladder, and Mortimer says his ninth-placed side is already doing its homework on him ahead of Friday night's match.

"We've started doing a lot of video on him," Mortimer said. "I saw most of the game against the Sharks. He's playing very confident at the moment. He is on fire but hopefully we can put it out.

"Our defence has been strong over the last few weeks. For the past three weeks, we haven't let in a try in the second half. We're going pretty strongly. I'm feeling confident we can stop him."

When the Eels played the Tigers in round 14 they were beaten 23-6.

But five consecutive victories, thanks largely to the form of fullback Jarryd Hayne, has them poised to make a stunning bid for eighth spot.

"That was my third game of first grade," Mortimer said.

"And they pretty much spanked us all over the park. We were third last and three points from the wooden spooner.

"Now, there's a lot more excitement around the club.

"When I came in, everyone kind of palmed us off as under-achievers.

"But coming off five wins is so much better.

" The coach is much happier."

This just in:

Phil "Scoop" Rothfield asked an elderly gentleman passed out against the fence at Parramatta stadium if he thought Feleeti Mateo would play"

The gentleman responded "Sonny I wouldn't know how to felate a potato"

More to come

@smeghead said:
This just in:

Phil "Scoop" Rothfield asked an elderly gentleman passed out against the fence at Parramatta stadium if he thought Feleeti Mateo would play"

The gentleman responded "Sonny I wouldn't know how to felate a potato"

More to come

ROFL :laughing: Nice one!

Back