OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

A buddy of mine that's at the game said our backs were absolutely horrible in that trial and that's where all of the Dragons tries came from

• Sad
Reactions: BZN
Good god, hopefully someone's was at the game and can clarify what we've down in a bit more detail. If that was the score I can't imagine the club will say much, if anything.

I think the result might be down to these players having never played and likely never/rarely trained together. Willet has been with the NRL trials, sg ball, and now in an NSW cup trial. Playing different grades and positions , just as one example. How can they possibly have any combinations?

Not sure of the dragon's side but there's a good chance they have more stability than we do at this level

Last edited:
I think the result might be down to these players having never played and likely never/rarely trained together. Willet has been with the NRL trials, sg ball, and now in an NSW cup trial. Playing different grades and positions , just as one example.
I think that could be the case. I hear a few people close to Faagutu here in brisbane say that he was only told he was playing lastnight

A few observations:
  • Only Reuben Porter (27) & Nick Lui-Toso (28) will be 25 or older this season.
  • With NRL players dropping back, it's going to be a fight for the outside back positions in Cup with Casey, Ngutlik, Kirk & Vaihu all highly rated.
  • Vaihu is eligible for Jersey Flegg but included in this squad so must be highly rated by the coaches.
  • Tyler Colley has won the fight to be the consistent half/5/8 in Cup this season and likely to be partnered by Sullivan, Fainu & Galvin (maybe Sezer) through the season.
  • Jimmy The Jet could be our real bolter this season if he can stay injury-free!!!

I don't get it why only name half a squad...
I understand not all will play KOE cup every week but it just looks amateurish
There was talk last week many players didn't know till the night before where they were playing.. And then we get the result we saw it's not surprising

I don't get it why only name half a squad...
I understand not all will play KOE cup every week but it just looks amateurish
There was talk last week many players didn't know till the night before where they were playing.. And then we get the result we saw it's not surprising
I don't think we will need more players than that in the NSW Cup squad tbh. With players dropping back and Jersey Flegg players playing up when their form warrants, we will have more than enough for a formidable Cup team.

Remember the likes of Cayne Nicholas, Herman Tofaeono, Zak Clarke & Iverson Matai trained with Cup in the pre-season so they may feature in Cup through the season as will some of our SG stars - TDS, Mason, Willett, Sukkar etc.

We're certainly going with a youth policy being a 'development club' and probably important the inclusions of Porter, Lui Toso & Casey for some experience. I also think the likes of Naden, Jake Simpkin & Kepaoa will be seeing a fair bit of time in Cup and will be invaluable at that level for their somewhat experience.

Back