OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

Garner played well .Oh shite he's another one we let go !
I sure if Laurie gets a release he will shine somewhere else
Just like others we rubbished and got rid of
Peachy a regular 1ST grade center at Penrith
Chee Kam a regular 2nd row at Souths
Liddle and Madden look happy too
Yea - they were so bloody good when they were here they took the tigers from a middle table side to last - all of them world beaters - how could we have been so stupid to let them go.

Laurie is in our best 17 every day of the week - absolute joke that he hasn't appeared since rd 2

I didnt see the game but Laurie not being in 1st's is probably more to do with his attitude and antics rather than his ability. He's 100's to be here next year we should be trying to use him as bait to secure someone else.

On blore he made a bad read defensively on garner one of not many tackles this kid misses besides that 16 hit ups 190 metres 2 offloads 28 tackles basically lead evry stat there is tiger's were terrible but that kid has to go up to 1st put him in a well structured side and he would shine he can't do it all

He has alot to learn. Looked very lazy. We are struggling if he plays 1st grade this year.
Matamua has all the tools to be successful- size, speed, decent motor, skill, work rate, etc. But I agree he’s not ready for first grade yet. Let him play this year in reggies and another offseason with the top squad and we’ll see if he’s good enough to crack the top 17 next year.

On blore he made a bad read defensively on garner one of not many tackles this kid misses besides that 16 hit ups 190 metres 2 offloads 28 tackles basically lead evry stat there is tiger's were terrible but that kid has to go up to 1st put him in a well structured side and he would shine he can't do it all
If I am thinking of the same thing as you, Garner’s first half try, I thought it was Pellow who made the wrong read. Irrespective, I agree, I think he’s good. Was smashing through the line and had good PCMs. Just not sure how we are going to fit him into the top 17 at present. If Joffa leaves that’s the only spot.

Yep, he was responsible for recruitment for NSW cup and flegg and signed Roumanos, and that's it. Across three grades he signed maybe 2-3 players in 12 months
It appears our recruitment man already doesn’t rate our KOE Cup forwards.
If this is correct he is already way off the mark, the starting forwards have been dominant every week.
You can’t judge them when every decision goes against them and the team has very little possession.
Even then they defended their line very well, I can assure him the majority of our KOE Cup forwards are as good if not better than any of the other back up forwards across the NRL.
He doesn’t need to worry about our back up forwards, just worry about strengthening our halves and outside backs.
If we were looking at replacing Joffa, Frizell is a terrible option, an impact line breaking forward such as Josh Curran would be ideal.

Last edited:
If this is correct he is already way off the mark, the starting forwards have been dominant every week.
You can’t judge them when every decision goes against them and the team has very little possession.
Even then they defended their line very well, I can assure him the majority of our KOE Cup forwards are as good if not better than any of the other back up forwards across the NRL.
He doesn’t need to worry about our back up forwards, just worry about strengthening our halves and outside backs.
If we were looking at replacing Joffa, Frizell is a terrible option, an impact line breaking forward such as Josh Curran would be ideal.

Frizell is not as good as Joffa imho and i don't care if he is picked for SOO,he would cost us as much if not more than Joffa is for less return as he is older and showing it on the field

Garner is in reggies, and the other two although had one good moment each were mostly a liability for their teams when we played them. So as much as I didn’t mind clutch for those last min tries to win us a few games a few years back, I’m not really missing em.
And who would you drop Ice, Bates, and Star? I think we’ve upgraded there with all three.

Not sure why he wouldn't rate our forwards.
We have the worst 1-7 in NSW cup. We should at least be going after other clubs train and trial players and try and pinch some with the prospect of better first grade opportunities with us

None of those mentioned would be in our 1st grade side!

Frizell is not as good as Joffa imho and i don't care if he is picked for SOO,he would cost us as much if not more than Joffa is for less return as he is older and showing it on the field
I think they are planning to move Bateman to lock and are looking for another second rower.

I think they are planning to move Bateman to lock and are looking for another second rower.
Hope so, I think the more we get the ball in Bateman's hands the better.

He could be #1 lock with Matamua his protege.

Pole moved to interchange prop & Blore as a 3rd interchange forward to cover middle & backrow.

I honestly think Blore would be a gun prop if he trained for it in the pre-season (including adding a bit more bulk).

Back