Payten

Centaur

I have been a big critic of Payten is recent times.

But you know what. Great game…really impressed.

Did exactly what was required.

He has been great since he returned from his last injury. It's so surprising to me as he has been fit for the better part of five years and has been almost a passenger. For one reason or another he has figured out how to play the game.

His final 15 minutes defensively won us the game!

Great to see BIG TODD back in the form that we all want to see him in.

He was being touted for Origin in 07,and tonight was his best game since then.Outstanding in defence and ran with purpose.

I think he does a great job on the field and is a very valuable commodity but his luck with injuries just kills me sometimes.

Todd was great tonight, turned the game in our favour towards the end, the big tackling machine! :righton:

A lot of the stuff he does goes unnoticed…

How mant other teams have a player like Toddy who creates opportunities with the ball in his hands....

@Centaur said:
I have been a big critic of Payten is recent times.

But you know what. Great game…really impressed.

Did exactly what was required.

How can you possably be a critic of payto ???? He is a a legend, veteran, halfback in a front rowers body hero…

He is one of the only front rowers around that actually thinks... he is a legend..

:sign:

When fully fit this guys is one of our weapons in attack and Defence

Been around a while and actually a good reader of general play.

I would keep him at the club for as long as his body would allow.

Again Well done Todd.

Great ball playing forward. Has always been deceptively fast and has a great tackling technique too. Not very explosive tho. He is very much the thinking man's prop forward.

I thought he may have played one season too many earlier in the year. It was pleasing to be wrong about a guy, who has been a good, club man for many years. His game last night was very good and he must have been close to the man-of-the-match.

I also thought he should be pensioned off but when he is on his game he really adds something. Defensively he is awesome, he can ball play and it really opens things up for our playmakers plus last night he also made some metres.

Defensively, he got up in their faces and didn't allow them to really try anything expansive in that last 15 minutes. Also forcing a couple errors.

yeah top game last night …..but some people in here amaze me ....i good game and they are origin legends ..... i want to see toddy play to his potential week in week out ......how did daniella go last night? ,,,,,,

His defence around the ruck last night was excellent. He and Gibbs chopped down the Dogs well all night.

Back