Pedantic Thinking

AmericanHistoryX

Thats me. I get caught up in the mayhem from time to time. But I get reminded when my kid looks up at me. I am his/her hero. God - if Wests Tigers were there hero i could possibly have sad kids. Thats a bit scary.

Anyway my point. Why is when the Roosters score a try or kick a goal there is a rooster cuckooing on the mass media (TV) even at their away matches. Why not other teams? Not my question. Please don't shoot the messenger. A mates missus heard this from a cousin out in Perth - inside story. Can someone please confirm.

Furthermore. If it is only Roosters - (to be confirmed) - that have this privelage - do they have a bigger say in the NRL over other teams? And what chance do Wests Tigers have at any NRL integrity committee where there is no integrity in the NRL Integrity Committee to plead their case to survive. On field performance. What example does that set for the NRL. Business way - Wests Tigers doing well. Membership growing.

Last edited:
Sorry. If we have to change it (thread title) - could it be Forward Thinking. Its not pedantic at all. Its life. So if I had a choice - Forward Thinking. I get it- we live in a new world - no presuppositions. Male Female - Tri fe/male - Am I being anal? Just. Its not pedantic. There is enough of that in life already. Im cool with life.

I've brought this up with my dad (Tigers too) a few times.
I had a foundation in Aussie rules and no matter where you played, only the home team's song played over the PA (fk I'm old! 🤣) when they ran out and only if they won.

I've never understood why at a Tigers home game you'd hear the rabbits "glory glory", or any other team's song/ sound bite when they scored?!

It's not pedantic, @AmericanHistoryX : it's a small piece of tradition that is lost to anyone too young to remember when playing at home had that character. It could be intimidating at times and a real "14th man" for want of a less hackneyed saying.

To me it's (very slightly) emblematic of the whole 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality in sport these days.

I agree, it's not something I lose sleep over, but the Tigers marketing department needs to send a Tigers sound bite to the nrl so that... actually, we'd probably never hear it anyway.... 🤪

I had a foundation in Aussie rules and no matter where you played, only the home team's song played over the PA (fk I'm old! 🤣) when they ran out and only if they won.

I've never understood why at a Tigers home game you'd hear the rabbits "glory glory", or any other team's song/ sound bite when they scored?!

It's not pedantic, @AmericanHistoryX : it's a small piece of tradition that is lost to anyone too young to remember when playing at home had that character. It could be intimidating at times and a real "14th man" for want of a less hackneyed saying.

To me it's (very slightly) emblematic of the whole 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality in sport these days.

I agree, it's not something I lose sleep over, but the Tigers marketing department needs to send a Tigers sound bite to the nrl so that... actually, we'd probably never hear it anyway.... 🤪

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Smart father & son, right there.

Another Baddabing Baddaboom! You guys are damn good. All of you. Thank You for sharing the love. Much appreciated. Really.

Latest posts

Back