Pifeleti, pifeleti

tiger_tigers

write down that name and remember in years to come ….

i just returned from leichhardt after watching the junior grand finals ....there was a 12 year old wearing number 8 playing for wanderers...i recall seeing him in the canterbury juniors a few years back ....
the kid is at least 95 kilo nearly 6 ft...and built like an nrl footballer ...
he hits the line at pace and can pass the football.he is a brick wall in defence ....
he backed up in the 13s against a holy cross side . sirros son was the 5/8 and captain ...and he annialated them straight through the middle ...

I'll wait till i see him doing it against kids his own size before I get too excited.

Sounds like an Islander name, and I teach in an area with a high Islander population, and 6foot at 12 years is not unusual. I teach yr 4 andhave a child in my class who is the same height as me - and he's only 9\. I am 5'5".

Wanderers 12's have probably only played 5 regular season games this year, with byes, washouts and teams forfeiting because of this kid because of his size….they did it easy, only conceded on try thru the year up to today....against today opponents Dundas 2 weeks ago.

He made the 13s development squad as an older u/12....but yes, when everyone catches up to him (which will occur in a few years) thats when you can get excited.

As an example, hes three time heavier than my bloke whos in the 13's.

How did the 13's go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4AQRKZPInU&feature=channel_page

Footage here 2:32…#14, this was last year he played for strathfield 11's, playing up a grade against my young blokes team (we won)

@innsaneink said:
Wanderers 12's have probably only played 5 regular season games this year, with byes, washouts and teams forfeiting because of this kid because of his size….they did it easy, only conceded on try thru the year up to today....against today opponents Dundas 2 weeks ago.

He made the 13s development squad as an older u/12....but yes, when everyone catches up to him (which will occur in a few years) thats when you can get excited.

As an example, hes three time heavier than my bloke whos in the 13's.

How did the 13's go?

they won 40 - 10 …rhinos best player was the number 4 .. matthew vatuinarkuru

@innsaneink said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4AQRKZPInU&feature=channel_page

Footage here 2:32…#14, this was last year he played for strathfield 11's, playing up a grade against my young blokes team (we won)

awsome footage of birchy…. sydney harbour and the harbor bridge in the background .... takes me back to my birchgrove scorpions days .....

wanderers won the 12s 46-6 …..but they have a wierd stench to them ....nearly everyone cheered when shamrocks scored...

i tried to reply to your pm ink,,but im not sure how it works and im not sure if it sent

Well here's a six year old bump.

This kid has made it to NYC now after repping all through the grades. Is he still huge compared to the rest? How has he gone in NYC so far?

I searched for this thread after hearing he debuted lat week????
Missed the game apparently the whole.team didn't go too well…don't forget he's a year younger than sirro jnr jnr. He's a nice kid..seemed level headed no ego

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

He's not huge. Solid but not huge. Runs very hard but would be maybe 185cm and 100kgs..? Something similar to JJ Felise (who i also rate very highly)

This kid has been dominating all the junior rep stuff and school comps for years, pretty much since this thread. I reckon I probably first heard of him not long after this thread, all the way out at Penrith (which always has a heap of great kids)
I felt a bit old when I saw his name listed in a NYC team. Kid can play.

Just watching that footage again…Geez I miss Sunday mornings...we had a good team and a great coach who taught the boys to play footy, we threw the ball around and they were better to watch than the current WTs NRL mob

@innsaneink said:
we threw the ball around and they were better to watch than the current WTs NRL mob

This isn't exactly raising the bar that high though is it.

Birchgrove Oval, the birthplace of Rugby League in 1908, I heard there were plans for it to become the new home for fumbleball a while back, is it still a Rugby League venue or has it been lost to the Southern Marauders?.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back