Pitiful start by refs

cktiger

If the standard of refereeing in first half of tonights Broncos V Sharks is what we have to look forward to for the season ahead it's going to be a long year!

You are so right! I switched off, because with two refs, two linesman and the video ref, NRL still get it WRONG!

You don't mind if they make a blue on a tricky one but when some things are glaringly obvious and they all miss it you wonder why.

Too many small things to list… but the usual where a defender deliberately knocks the ball out of the players hand while he is playing it right in front the ref and doesn't get penalised is a start.
Offsides, forward passes, wrong calls....
I suppose it's commonplace now and we are supposed to accept it as the norm.

@ said:
Didn't really notice them…

I thought the refs at basketball were good

14-0

When the team comes on the court I suggested the Goldberg music :laughing:

Yeah i didnt notice them either.
Video ref was fast and decisive and the better side won.
Good solid start for mine.

@ said:
Too many small things to list… but the usual where a defender deliberately knocks the ball out of the players hand while he is playing it right in front the ref and doesn't get penalised is a start.
Offsides, forward passes, wrong calls....
I suppose it's commonplace now and we are supposed to accept it as the norm.

I was probably writing my previous reply as you posted the information above. It bugs me that rules are routinely ignored.

Seems most are content to accept mediocrity as being acceptable - possibly why they are also happy to accept everything we do as a club.
Although, if it were the Tigers out there tonight, I'm sure plenty would have been questioning the refereeing standard.

I noticed that there was a Ziggy in the officials list….must have been a misprint...no Ziggy"s ever make horrid mistakes or ref poorly...we are the top liners in league... :smiling_imp: :laughing:

@ said:
Seems most are content to accept mediocrity as being acceptable - possibly why they are also happy to accept everything we do as a club.
Although, if it were the Tigers out there tonight, I'm sure plenty would have been questioning the refereeing standard.

Wait until they commit a few howlers…then you can REALLY be a drama queen

If you keep expecting them to be perfect, your going to be disappointed every week

Maybe you should have your own pinned thread...will save you some time because I guarantee well be seeing more of what youre whinging about

I for one am happy the bunker is now limited in what they can tip/rule on..

the only blatant thing they missed was a strip which the ref's ruled a knock on….that sort of thing I can live with..humans aren't perfect...they made a decision and the game moved on...

Wait till Fox use the virtual 10m..where every side every week in just about every set of 6 are 'offside'...they will hear GET EM ON-SIDE YOU CHEAT..DOIN IT ALL DAY REF..through the Tele...

I thought it was ok. They were as consistent as the players for their first game back.

I enjoyed the game, the footy is back!

My only question is has every one forgotten the flop rule?

Staff online

Back