Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in their right mind would draw down on their super to pay more off their mortgage with the RBA signalling another rise in rates.! But the Treasurer has his hand on his heart swearing the plan will not drive up house prices. Scotty from Marketing says the COALition policy is well calibrated. Yes calibrated to give the banks and property developers access to the super of first home buyers.

We've now imported the hand on heart business from the US. Just swell.

Last edited:
Does Scomo really think a 50k handout will help people buy houses? At this rate it's a pipe dream for me to be able to afford even a 2 bed room house.it doesn't look like prices will drop anytime soon. In fact looks like it'll still be on the rise.

It'll just increase the cost. The same thing that happens every time there is more money available.

it is 50k each person so 100k that can come out of your super and when you sell the house the 100k has to go back into super.
Seems pretty good way of first home buyers getting into the market

I reckon it is a good policy for the libs in that people may vote for them but I think it's bad for the housing market and for us because it'll mean less in Super.

I don't see any easy solution for the housing problem though. I think as in most cases it's us that are the problem. We get more money and we put it into houses.

Scotty from Marketing's grand plan to offset the pork barreling is to cut the Public Service again (the Feds). See where this always ends - result will be to engage more consultants which are owned by their mates in big business to cover the shortfall.

Scotty from Marketing's grand plan to offset the pork barreling is to cut the Public Service again (the Feds).

Something has to give. No one wants to hear it but it's the truth.

I've noticed he is talking a lot better now and he is focusing on stuff that people will vote on:-

1. Smaller government.
2. Housing market.

Personally I think the housing/super policy is a disgrace but it's a smart political move. I also think he has a hide to talk about smaller government when he was the one who tried to push through a religious discrimination bill.

The government is completely hypocritical but it's politics.

I reckon it is a good policy for the libs in that people may vote for them but I think it's bad for the housing market and for us because it'll mean less in Super.
Perhaps this may apply to people with industry Super funds, but how this applies to people with the SMSFs?:unsure:

Perhaps this may apply to people with industry Super funds, but how this applies to people with the SMSFs?:unsure:

Would it make a difference ? 50k out is 50k out and if they somehow do force you to buy it's another 50k in the housing market.

I assume most people with SMSF's have large supers and may be close to or retired and probably have their own house as well so maybe they won't change their behavior.

This country will never have a religiously fanatic leader, and neither do we ever want one, the electorates would know how to take care of that.

But since 15 years ago (2007) the then desperate Morrison has been playing the, what i would prefer to call is, the religious card and has failed miserably twice,

Once with Michael Towke (who is not a religious fanatic) in the seat of cook, and since then once with the disgraced leader of the Hillsong Church group, Brian Houston who which we now know was a mentor to Morrison.

This election should not be about voting for your favourite party, but it must be about voting for Australia.

The following comments and link may be beneficial for you to decide about who to vote for.

By Morrison's own Colleague.
LIBERAL SENATOR CONCETTA FIERRAVANTI-WELLS
"Morrison is not interested in rules-based order. It is his way or the highway — an autocrat and a bully who has no moral compass."

"In my public life I have met ruthless people. Morrison tops the list, followed closely by Hawke (Alex Hawke, immigration minister). Morrison is not fit to be prime minister and Hawke certainly is not fit to be a minister."

I agree it doesn't read well for Morrison but, looking at her history, Concetta has a massive axe to grind. She a Malcolm could do a duet.

It looks like that both the LNP and ALP agreed that the WHO will directly, without even consulting any governments, manage Australia's response to pandemics?
Sadly, will we vote for WHO puppets!:mad:

what on earth, you have to put it back when you sell the home. If you don't sell the home then it is equity

And what if you don’t sell your house because, you know, you’d like to live somewhere? Or if the equity of your house held by your Super contribution is less than the compounded earnings of that contribution?

And what if you don’t sell your house because, you know, you’d like to live somewhere? Or if the equity of your house held by your Super contribution is less than the compounded earnings of that contribution?
so you would rather a super fund have the money and you scrape to afford a deposit.
In Sydney any property price will increase not go down.
It gives first home buyers a chance to get in the market, nobody complained when 10k out of super was used for whatever during covid.
It is your Money if you are a first home buyer and you want to use the t0k then good on you, if you don't and you want to save for a deposit then good o you but it allows choice for first home buyers
The alternative is Ablonomics no thanks

so you would rather a super fund have the money and you scrape to afford a deposit.
In Sydney any property price will increase not go down.
It gives first home buyers a chance to get in the market, nobody complained when 10k out of super was used for whatever during covid.
It is your Money if you are a first home buyer and you want to use the t0k then good on you, if you don't and you want to save for a deposit then good o you but it allows choice for first home buyers
The alternative is Ablonomics no thanks

Your last sentence is why I don’t bother engaging with you. It’s puerile and unhelpful to intelligent conversation.

It looks like that both the LNP and ALP agreed that the WHO will directly, without even consulting any governments, manage Australia's response to pandemics?
Sadly, will we vote for WHO puppets!:mad:
Almost sounds like there are plenty of "pandemics" in the pipeline rather than so called 1 in 100 year events.

Maybe it will be the new way of managing economies and the public.

Australia is almost totally under foreign control.

New world order?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back