Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutton is the right leader for them I think Morrison was so on the nose with some of his picks for seats and a Dutton type leader should claw back some of the independent vote aka Wentworth and the like, plus the nsw pre selection rubbish that went on in Parramatta etc cost them
new leader new focus, nationals did well we will see how much people are hurting with inflation and electricity prices, do think this is a bit of a Morrison protest vote
I'm not sure.

The last 2 years unprecedented in world history and handouts were massive especially for big business and workers. Houses went through the roof. The ones in the middle got wacked, only got to walk around and see how many shops closed and lives ruined . Who cares about them.

Yeah I don't doubt he will be the leader but it's not a good move. He's even more despised than Morrison in those electorates that went independent. If Frydenberg hadn't been rolled they'd probably have gone with him in the wake of this result.
frydenberg would have been the leader interesting times ahead both parties primary votes pretty ordinary politics in Australia may well now have independents playing a genuine role

Yeah I don't doubt he will be the leader but it's not a good move. He's even more despised than Morrison in those electorates that went independent. If Frydenberg hadn't been rolled they'd probably have gone with him in the wake of this result.

Definitely.

We must remember that Frydenberg was the architect of their first real climate policy and that was forsaken (along with Josh now) as part of Morrison's power grab to remove Turnbull.

Australia has become a much more secretive and corrupt country under this government, fact.

Yet all that dog whistling has finally kicked Morrison in the arse real hard tonight as progressive Australia (the true quiet ones that have had enough) have drowned it out.

A great day in Australia's history as we move back into the 21st century following a hiatus of 9 years.
Far out, you would believe anything lol….keep that foil, we’ll purchase more.

Will be interesting to see if Dutton has to appear at a federal ICAC.

The moderates and competent operators seem to have disappeared from the libs in recent years. Julie Bishop, Christopher Pyne, Mathias Cornann…and now Frydenberg.

Will be interesting to see if Dutton has to appear at a federal ICAC.

The moderates and competent operators seem to have disappeared in recent years. Julie Bishop, Christopher Pyne, Mathias Cornann…and now Frydenberg.
Along with Allen , Zimmerman, Falinski, Sharma .........

A few of them waited until the religious discrimination bill before crossing the floor, but their record of long voting against the wishes of their electorates had already decided their fate.

My missus worked at one of the polling booths.
She started at 6:30am and finished at 9:30pm.
She came home exhausted.
She's snoring beside me and keeping me awake 😴
She gets paid $400 for the day, that will buy me a few cartons 🤣
Mine did as well. 10:30 for her…
Bloody long day for them.

Mine did as well. 10:30 for her…
Bloody long day for them.
Na your right it was 10:30. I mixed that up.
Did she get paid the same?
Missus had an Indian supervisor that none of the staff could understand.
That sounds racist but not ill intended but I found that difficult to accept.
A supervisor should speak fluently in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BZN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back