Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best move, in "Heinz" sight.

Left wing climate change terrorists, stint in prison or just force them to shower once a day?

Climate Protesters Throw Soup Over van Gogh’s ‘Sunflowers’​

Two activists attacked the famous painting at the National Gallery, in London.

The protesters also smeared their hands in glue, and stuck them to the museum’s walls.

The protesters also smeared their hands in glue, and stuck them to the museum’s walls.

By Alex Marshall

Oct. 14, 2022
LONDON — Climate protesters across Europe have for months been gluing themselves to the frames of famous paintings in a series of attention-grabbing stunts.

In Britain, activists have attached themselves to about half-a-dozen masterpieces including John Constable’s “The Hay Wain.” In Germany, protesters have stuck themselves to works including Rubens’s “Massacre of the Innocents,” which hangs in the Alte Pinakothek, in Munich. In Italy, works in the Uffizi, in Florence, and at the Vatican Museums have been targeted.

Now, protesters in London have found a new way to focus attention on their cause: throwing cans of tomato soup at a masterpiece.

At just after 11 a.m. on Friday, two members of Just Stop Oil, a group that seeks to stop oil and gas extraction in Britain, entered room 43 of the National Gallery in London, opened two tins of Heinz cream of tomato soup, and threw them at Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers,” one of the treasures of the museum’s collection. It is one of six surviving images of sunflowers that van Gogh made in 1888 and 1889.

As the gloppy orange liquid dripped down the glazing that was protecting the painting, the pair smeared their hands with glue and stuck themselves to the wall beneath the work. In videos of the incident posted online, gallery visitors can be heard saying “Oh, my gosh!” and calling for security; one of the activists delivers a speech in which they ask visitors whether they “are more concerned about the protection of a painting, or the protection of our planet and people?”

Within minutes, the stunt grabbed attention worldwide, and many social media users expressed concern for the painting’s condition. Yet the National Gallery said in an email statement that the work was unharmed aside from “some minor damage to the frame.” The activists had been arrested, the statement added.

Mel Carrington, a spokeswoman for Just Stop Oil, said in a telephone interview that the group’s intention had been to generate publicity and to create debate around the climate crisis and the actions needed to stop it.

Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” had nothing to do with climate change, she said. It was simply “an iconic painting, by an iconic painter” and an attack on it would generate headlines. But the choice of soup was more symbolic, Carrington said: In Britain, many householders were struggling to pay fuel and food bills because of soaring inflation, and some could not even afford to heat up a can of soup. The government should be helping ordinary people deal with “the cost of living crisis,” rather than enabling fossil fuel extraction, she added.

Bet you thought it couldn't get any worse.................

......nek minnit

He's lost it that much, soon he'll think he's a legitimate President.

1665899966807.png

That’s how you win the US presidency. As usual, Trump got his arse handed to him and he couldn’t deal with it, so he started making excuses. Trump’s weak as piss.

All those damn anti-vaxxers and their independent thoughts. Just do what is right and follow the crowd🐑 I mean science. The talking heads on the TV will tell you what to do. Its totally about your safety and interests, nothing to do with billions in profit. It 100% stops the spread.

Buddy, if you want to know about the effects of the profit motive look no further than Trump, who’s business model is based on fraud, ie ripping gullible fools off. Do us all a favour and move to the US, help us increase the national IQ. But, I doubt they’d let you in, haha.

Just normal Trump supporting burgers, lol. The ones that have jobs pay their taxes, probably unlike ex President Trump. Good times in America, right Boss ‘Spit Roast’ Hogg? Your people? Fellow travellers, maybe?

1665900928053.jpeg

Not the best move, in "Heinz" sight.

Left wing climate change terrorists, stint in prison or just force them to shower once a day?

Climate Protesters Throw Soup Over van Gogh’s ‘Sunflowers’​

Two activists attacked the famous painting at the National Gallery, in London.

By Alex Marshall

Oct. 14, 2022
LONDON — Climate protesters across Europe have for months been gluing themselves to the frames of famous paintings in a series of attention-grabbing stunts.

In Britain, activists have attached themselves to about half-a-dozen masterpieces including John Constable’s “The Hay Wain.” In Germany, protesters have stuck themselves to works including Rubens’s “Massacre of the Innocents,” which hangs in the Alte Pinakothek, in Munich. In Italy, works in the Uffizi, in Florence, and at the Vatican Museums have been targeted.

Now, protesters in London have found a new way to focus attention on their cause: throwing cans of tomato soup at a masterpiece.

At just after 11 a.m. on Friday, two members of Just Stop Oil, a group that seeks to stop oil and gas extraction in Britain, entered room 43 of the National Gallery in London, opened two tins of Heinz cream of tomato soup, and threw them at Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers,” one of the treasures of the museum’s collection. It is one of six surviving images of sunflowers that van Gogh made in 1888 and 1889.

As the gloppy orange liquid dripped down the glazing that was protecting the painting, the pair smeared their hands with glue and stuck themselves to the wall beneath the work. In videos of the incident posted online, gallery visitors can be heard saying “Oh, my gosh!” and calling for security; one of the activists delivers a speech in which they ask visitors whether they “are more concerned about the protection of a painting, or the protection of our planet and people?”

Within minutes, the stunt grabbed attention worldwide, and many social media users expressed concern for the painting’s condition. Yet the National Gallery said in an email statement that the work was unharmed aside from “some minor damage to the frame.” The activists had been arrested, the statement added.

Mel Carrington, a spokeswoman for Just Stop Oil, said in a telephone interview that the group’s intention had been to generate publicity and to create debate around the climate crisis and the actions needed to stop it.

Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” had nothing to do with climate change, she said. It was simply “an iconic painting, by an iconic painter” and an attack on it would generate headlines. But the choice of soup was more symbolic, Carrington said: In Britain, many householders were struggling to pay fuel and food bills because of soaring inflation, and some could not even afford to heat up a can of soup. The government should be helping ordinary people deal with “the cost of living crisis,” rather than enabling fossil fuel extraction, she added.
I’d give those two activists some publicity a good straight right to their snotty nose.

Just normal Trump supporting burgers, lol. The ones that have jobs pay their taxes, probably unlike ex President Trump. Good times in America, right Boss ‘Spit Roast’ Hogg? Your people? Fellow travellers, maybe?

View attachment 2900
Sick burn, dude bro!

Lets see if this deep thinker can understand the logical fallacy of selective attention. After his unhinged rambles recently displayed I highly doubt it though, nor would even comprehend what 90% of this paragraph means. I guess to be a Biden supporter you need to be partial to cognitive inadequacy. While Trump was busy living rent free in the the tiny mind of this unhinged NPC occupying his entire identity he forget to pick some of these 🍒

Ill leave this here as you'll need it.

Also are you aware Biden eats breakfast, guess who else ate breakfast? That's right, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Justin Pascoe. I guess that makes something something Orange man bad huh

Last edited:
Buddy, if you want to know about the effects of the profit motive look no further than Trump, who’s business model is based on fraud, ie ripping gullible fools off. Do us all a favour and move to the US, help us increase the national IQ. But, I doubt they’d let you in, haha.
You almost had a valid point to the content posted. Great effort. Next time if you read the entire post and understand that said content before hitting the 'reply' button I'm sure you can get there. A for effort though.

Biden refered to President Obama as “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

But a random photo shows some ####### that Trump DOES NOT support or endorse somehow makes Trump a racist?
The Biden racist remarks are endless if you would like more.
Please post up all the Trump stuff?
Oh and while you are at it , can we see a tax avoidance charge ??

So simple to throw out allegations but unless there is actually some form of evidence its just the same old meaningless trash posted by the paid media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden refered to President Obama as “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

But a random photo shows some retards that Trump DOES NOT support or endorse somehow makes Trump a racist?
Remember, you ain't black if you didn't vote for KKK Eulogy giving Corn Pop Joe.

But a random photo shows some retards that Trump DOES NOT support or endorse somehow makes Trump a racist?

So simple to throw out allegations but unless there is actually some form of evidence its just the same old meaningless trash posted by the paid media.
The establishment shill had the entire internet and chose to reply to my comment with as much time as he needed and came up with one photo of one dude with multiple blacks standing next to him, side by side, with what does look like a NAZI salute but could have been a snap shot in time taken during the action of anything. Its disappointing yet unsurprising at this point. Weak

Im happy to support any argument , but when it is the same stuff dished out and repeated daily it becomes ridiculously easy to disprove . Im positive the majority of people here would be at least reasonably intelligent but it blows my mind why they just accept everything they hear without challenging it with their own minds. 😕

I’d give those two activists some publicity a good straight right to their snotty nose.
Yeah, it was a real screwed up way of making a point.

Probably put many millions of people onto oil in a big way if this is the standard of scrote opposed to it.

My conspiratorial guess is that they were funded by bp to improve sales.

Next fill up, I’m going to make sure I spill some 95 in wasteful tribute to these sheet heads.

On a happy note it looks Ike Kevin "707" Rudd is going to be appointed ambassador to the Inited States lol
You simply couldn't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back