Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he contemplated it which is very irregular in a supposed free society

Apples to all parties. But Dans laws were tougher than elsewhere in Australia and he envisaged more.

But Yeah,

I thought Gladys reminded me of a primary school teacher so she isn't far behind . Those 11am presses!

Not meaningless. It shows that if a permanent law curtailing civil liberties is introduced it is rare in supposed democracies.

Never thought that

Not really. Nothing knowingly unconstitutional would make it to parliament. You see some tyrant trying to curtail freedoms, I see a man trying to manage an unprecedented crisis as best he can.

I dispute your assertion that his government did or contemplated more than other states.

I think there needs to be context around all this. I gather your beef, and it’s a legitimate one, is on the scale and nature of pandemic response. Stripped of that, I don’t see any evidence of Andrews behaving in a dictatorial or authoritarian manner. I don’t think anyone has post Joh. I mean the WA Libs ran a terrible malapportionment for decades and nobody on the right seemed bothered by it.

Someone tried to kill friendlyjordies. That's wild. He's been reporting on major corruption and now things are looking scary for him.
FriendlyJordies has done some great work.
Particularly around the Bankstown line and the STUPID Metro downgrade. so were paying 20 Billion to make single decker trains, an investment the Herald called "negligible".

Hope he is alright. Saw his comedy act and it was awesome. SCott morrison, yep missed his calling as a Primary school Deputy principle.

Not really. Nothing knowingly unconstitutional would make it to parliament. You see some tyrant trying to curtail freedoms, I see a man trying to manage an unprecedented crisis as best he can.

I dispute your assertion that his government did or contemplated more than other states.

I think there needs to be context around all this. I gather your beef, and it’s a legitimate one, is on the scale and nature of pandemic response. Stripped of that, I don’t see any evidence of Andrews behaving in a dictatorial or authoritarian manner. I don’t think anyone has post Joh. I mean the WA Libs ran a terrible malapportionment for decades and nobody on the right seemed bothered by it.
Dan Andrews was an absolute tyrant during two years of the pandemic. He caused far more grief than the virus could ever have. Lets not forget, it was his incompetant decisions that let the virus out in the first instances.
His arrogant press briefings where he blamed the public and his gestapo tactics with his police force, arresting people for walking their dogs or sitting on a beach, was a shame for this nation.
The guy is a disgraceful leader and hopefully the Victorian people kick his arse to the curb where it belongs.

Last edited:
Dan Andrews was an absolute tyrant during two years of the pandemic. He caused far more grief than the virus could ever have. Lets not forget, it was his incompetant decisions that let the virus out in the first instances.
His arrogant press briefings where he blamed the public and his gestapo tactics with his police force, arresting people for walking their dogs or sitting on a beach, was a shame for this nation.
The guy is a disgraceful leader and hopefully the Victorian people kick his arse to the curb where it belongs.
Well that's your opinion. It's not necessarily fact or a broadly shared opinion. If there's a public health reason for people to isolate and people think they're above that I have no sympathy.

Wow!!! You really need to go to specsavers.

Well that's your opinion. It's not necessarily fact or a broadly shared opinion. If there's a public health reason for people to isolate and people think they're above that I have no sympathy.
The opinion is correct. It is a fact and is broadly shared. There was never a public health reason to isolate. Not then nor now. Check out Florida etc.

The opinion is correct. It is a fact and is broadly shared. There was never a public health reason to isolate. Not then nor now. Check out Florida etc.

Nearly 83000 people died in Florida from covid in a population less than Australia where we had just over 16000 die from the same scourge.The only thing this proved to me is Australia including Victoria had it right and America including Florida had it completely wrong.

The major, no, make that the overwhelming reason that there was unrest in Victoria was the media coverage of Murdoch and Nine.

If I could post any reasonable size photo file comparing the press coverage of VIRTUALLY EXACTLY the same policy and rules, sometimes even on the same days in different states, and even federally, the difference is stark.

NSW spread it more than any other state, and it was a hotel manager that took the virus out as patient zero for the first Victorian outbreak, not ridiculous media bs.

The other major outbreaks across the nation came from NSW.

LOL it is fact. Victorians are just too stupid to acknowledge it. There may be a tad of stockholme syndrome going on, returning these incompetant morons to power.
Oh well, you get what you deserve. I was going to the beach everyday, enjoying my freedom whilst these poor souls were locked inside their houses drinking themselves to death because their government told them to do so. For 2 years! what a waste.

Last edited:
Well Dan strikes again.
Guy is gone so let’s hope there is a smart. Aggressive and personable young man in the Libs who’ll take Dan head in.
Guy was probably the best minister the Labour Party ever had !
I did like Dans comment though “ hope always beats hate “.
Let’s hope all of us Mexicans have better things to look forward to !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back