Possible long term implications for Tuiaki

G

It was mentioned at the back of today's Telecrap that there could be some long term ramifications for Tuiaki after his surgery earlier this week. Apparently he had a piece of cartilage removed which could result in him not being able to get back to full pace ever again. It is unknown whether this is definite but it's a possibility.

We are also unlikely to see Tuiaki in any of the pre-season trials and he will miss the start of next season as he will not be able to start running until after Christmas. Definitely not good news for the big fella.

It will be a tough injury to come back from. Anyone thinking Tuiaki will be back to normal and bulldozing players in March next year is kidding themselves. We all saw Pat Richards take over a season to get fitness, confidence and form. Its a very bad blow and I expect 2009 to be a very tough season physically and mentally for tuiaki.

@Eddie said:
It will be a tough injury to come back from. Anyone thinking Tuiaki will be back to normal and bulldozing players in March next year is kidding themselves. We all saw Pat Richards take over a season to get fitness, confidence and form. Its a very bad blow and I expect 2009 to be a very tough season physically and mentally for tuiaki.

2010 Eddie :blush:

I wouldn't be worried. It wasn't his pace that was his weapon it was his size and strength. While he's got that he'll be just fine.

If the recovery isn't 100% I expect a positional change for the big fella.

I think mentally this might trouble Tuiaki.

To me, for 3 years Tuiaki didnt offer anything near what he should of. Didnt get involved, backed off, was tentative under the high ball etc, and didnt run as hard as he should of.

This year hes really backed him self and got 'physical' so to speak. I just hope if he gets back on the park he can come back with this level fo intencity.

Suddenly those Mitch Brown and Geoff Daniella signing seem a little bit prescient.

I think one the reasons the Tigers have fallen in the past is the lack of quality depth. (In some cases I do believe the refusal to give State Cup players a run has contributed to the inability to develop quality depth)

This year, with the likes of Moltzen and Lui getting time in the halves and Shirnack, Dwyer and Mataka getting time in the forwards our depth looks a lot better.

But with Tagive and Collis moving on next year it's clear our 3/4 depth is getting thin. This is where Brown and Daniella step in. They're not going to displace the incumbents, but we need depth in the backline.

@Colonel said:
Suddenly those Mitch Brown and Geoff Daniella signing seem a little bit prescient.

I think one the reasons the Tigers have fallen in the past is the lack of quality depth. (In some cases I do believe the refusal to give State Cup players a run has contributed to the inability to develop quality depth)

This year, with the likes of Moltzen and Lui getting time in the halves and Shirnack, Dwyer and Mataka getting time in the forwards our depth looks a lot better.

But with Tagive and Collis moving on next year it's clear our 3/4 depth is getting thin. This is where Brown and Daniella step in. They're not going to displace the incumbents, but we need depth in the backline.

This is where Magpies centre pairing PRITCHARD and DAVIS should automatically step in, Davis played all over DANIELLA a few weeks ago,DAVIS has been in top form all year and PRITCHARD played for the NSW RESIDENTS side this year, and is also one of the leading try scorers for the state cup,.IMO, i think we should have upgraded the contracts of DAVIS and PRITCHARD..

@tomcat said:
@Colonel said:

This is where Magpies centre pairing PRITCHARD and DAVIS should automatically step in, Davis played all over DANIELLA a few weeks ago,DAVIS has been in top form all year and PRITCHARD played for the NSW RESIDENTS side this year, and is also one of the leading try scorers for the state cup,.IMO, i think we should have upgraded the contracts of DAVIS and PRITCHARD..

Oh, and these two can DISPLACE the incumbents..

damn, well I hope things won't be as bad as that for him, geeze he was so good this year

Forget the leg…it's the DIET the club are gunna put him on that will really kill him! :laughing:

Back