Post match presso

I went back, the place was packed but then again it isn't a very big club. We were disappointed because not all the players turned up - we were missing McKinnon, Ryan, Ayshford, Marshall, Heigno, Farah, Sheens. I asked one of the coaches where the rest of the players were and he said they were nursing their injuries. At first I thought he was pulling my leg, but then he worried me cause he was fair dinkum saying McKinnon was on crutches.

There was a quick presentation which i couldn't see then the players went to a private room for dinner. Wasn't much of an after match celebration and given it was the Balmain reunion game it was a bit disappointing. My Dad is an ex player and he wasn't too impressed when he got back to the club. Not too many old boys there for it and there wasn't the usual food and drink for them.

The players that were there were happy to do autographs and photos. Jeff Fenech was there.

In previous years the walk around the ground by the old boys has been much more sunstantial.

Hi everyone

I was there and endorse gotoddy's comments. Was very crowded, and the presentation took all of about 2 minutes (I couldn't see it either - just heard it.) Was disappointing that not many of the players were there, being the first preso after a Leichhardt game for a while, but the ones that were there (Flanagan, Tuquri, Lui, Payten - can't remember any others) were fantastic, as usual.

I don't mind the ex-players doing a lap of honour at their reunion - in fact, I think it's great - it's a tradition - but I do think that more recognition should have been given to them at the ground. I didn't hear any names announced.

Tigergran

Back