Potter confirms changes for Round 7

Eddie

Can't see this anywhere. Apologies if already posted.

Luani to 9, Braith back to 6, Rowe stays at 1\. Said he is looking forward to working closer with Luani and he is a good player. Said Braith has a better combination with Brooks at this stage and will come straight back in. Said Rowe took his opportunity with both hands.

Said Austin was a real player of the future. "Possible bench spot the Austin" this week, but plenty of time for him to make an impact later in the year. Sounded like he was just being nice to Blake, I think he will roll with the same bench.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-13/the-hit-up-april-13/5386920?section=sport

fair enough. that's what i would go with as well.

any word on rowe?

Thats fair enough. Anasta was never gonna be left stranded when he came back.

Your right he was never really going to ditch him. I just really want Anasta to step up now. That doesn't mean "guiding players" and "using his experience" I want to see actions of his own accord on the field. These include making more runs, having a better kicking game and making more incisive passes.

We cannot afford games of 1 run, 8 metres, 8 tackles, 2 errors.

This will be inexcusable for an experienced player and potential captain.

austin is awesome, but still a bit raw… it would suck for him having to plug away in NSW cup but it actually helps develop him as a leader... it'll benefit him later in the year or next year, when he is eventually starting for us...

exactly what i would have picked.

i find hookers to be really hard to guage at lower grades. luani could be a real gem over the next 6 weeks

he's been solid in all his games so far. couple of very nice darts from dummy half and far better than iosefa defensively and discipline wise (not too hard though)

Really doesn't sound like Austin has a chance bar braith being injured…

At least Anasta in the back row will never be seen again.

Good interview, potter is a straight shooter isn't he

@Eddie said:
Your right he was never really going to ditch him. I just really want Anasta to step up now. That doesn't mean "guiding players" and "using his experience" I want to see actions of his own accord on the field. These include making more runs, having a better kicking game and making more incisive passes.

You had better not go to nrlstats for game history. We need Anasta to step up, but frankly, he just doesn't have the skill in him to do it.

At this stage, Anasta is the most experience guy in the team and the most likely to be picked. He has shown he can play and does what nis required of him. He will make a good captaion in Farah's absence.

@thesquid said:
@Eddie said:

You had better not go to nrlstats for game history. We need Anasta to step up, but frankly, he just doesn't have the skill in him to do it.

This is that worries me. People speak about all these intangibles

"experience", "guidance", "level head" "great captain"

To me they speak about these things because there is nothing tanglible in his game to be worthy of praise. He was such a great leader at the Chooks they turfed him and won a comp 12 months later. He had a great spell in late 2010 but was pretty awful form wise for 5 years at the Roosters.

I want to see much much better then 1 run, 8 metres, 8 tackles, 2 errors. I see these sorts of stats way to often for a guy people give praise to.

I want to see him leading from the front with actions not these subjective intangibles.

I thought Rowe did ok. Chimed in a couple of times with a couple of nice passes and a decent grubber. Positionally was very good. Size is a worry but apart from that he was fine. Simona did some nice runs, however he is also a gun centre. He let a ball bounce in the ingoal and was lucky to get away with it.

I would like to see more of Rowe before opting elsewhere.

@Eddie said:
Can't see this anywhere. Apologies if already posted.

Luani to 9, Braith back to 6, Rowe stays at 1\. Said he is looking forward to working closer with Luani and he is a good player. Said Braith has a better combination with Brooks at this stage and will come straight back in. Said Rowe took his opportunity with both hands.

Said Austin was a real player of the future. "Possible bench spot the Austin" this week, but plenty of time for him to make an impact later in the year. Sounded like he was just being nice to Blake, I think he will roll with the same bench.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-13/the-hit-up-april-13/5386920?section=sport

Cant disagree with anything he says.

Personally i want Austin at 6 but watching it from the stand there was a hell of a lot of confusion between Austin, Brooks and Farah that doesnt exist when Anasta is there.

@Eddie said:
@thesquid said:
@Eddie said:

This is that worries me. People speak about all these intangibles

"experience", "guidance", "level head" "great captain"

To me they speak about these things because there is nothing tanglible in his game to be worthy of praise. He was such a great leader at the Chooks they turfed him and won a comp 12 months later. He had a great spell in late 2010 but was pretty awful form wise for 5 years at the Roosters.

I want to see much much better then 1 run, 8 metres, 8 tackles, 2 errors. I see these sorts of stats way to often for a guy people give praise to.

I want to see him leading from the front with actions not these subjective intangibles.

I can tell you now that you probably won't get better stats than that…and I am fine with that. I just want Braith to steer the team around the park. You can have players with all the skill in the world but if they can't kick into the corner on the last and get the ball back then whats the use.

Braith is by no means anywhere near my favorite player, but he is the player most worthy of captaincy. Both he and the Tigers risked a lot bringing him here, give him a chance to make it worthwhile and prove he has not player two years too long.

I'd have Austin at 9 since the hooking role has been dead for twenty years. Hookers these days are like half-backs and Austin deserves better than reserve grade.

@Eddie said:
I thought Rowe did ok. Chimed in a couple of times with a couple of nice passes and a decent grubber. Positionally was very good. Size is a worry but apart from that he was fine. Simona did some nice runs, however he is also a gun centre. He let a ball bounce in the ingoal and was lucky to get away with it.

I would like to see more of Rowe before opting elsewhere.

Rowe only manages 40 metres with the forwards killing it and his doing ok ?
Decent grubber..is that the one he kicked dead ?

Watched the game twice and i still dont think Rowe did better than ok.
He looked nervous (He is entitled to on debut), he looked scared returning the ball and it felt like he was holding back.
We all have watched enough Fullbacks to know when we have got a star in the making but for me Rowe didnt cut it. Hodgson was the NRL ragdoll but he kept running into big boopers with no fear.
Teddy does the same, admit he has bulked up and has that confidence.

I would personally shift Simona or Nofo to fullback, They are both solid under the high ball and have pace to burn.

I'm not used to all this common sence stuff by our coach. I'm used to the musical chair style of picking players and their position. It doesn't give us much to talk about!

I agree with someone's post earlier in the thread we did look quite dangerous with Simona at the back. However I think we are more well balanced and stronger across the park by slotting Rowe back into number 1\. Instead of bringing Lulia back into the centres or shifting forwards out there or wingers in….

Potter is being sensible, not sheensible. I like it.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Back