Potter favorite to become caretaker coach at Dogs...

Potter had quite a puss team at the time firing well until player unrest took over.

Mismanaged Fotuaika with hindsight and wasn’t a great man manager by some accounts.

Football wise, discovered Marty and had the bench firing. Was bringing up brooks, Moses. Teddy was going well.

Anasta, Farah, Benji killed him.

In his current scenario of Gus being the man manager he would do well. I think he would have fired here too if we managed to keep sheens in the Head of football role he is in now. Which to be fair they tried to do, sheens didn’t buy in.
Top post.

Made Teddy and Marty.

That pack.

Farah, Woods ,Thompson, Marty and Blair.

The only 3 blokes nobody runs up to trying for push and shove plus were Sam Burgess, Blair and Marty.

And we had 2 of them.

Long term injuries stuffed us in 14.

Brian Smith completed the process.

Still an assistant under Gus.

And I might add whatever went wrong with Payten cost us another good coach.

Really wish Sheens took this role on 10 years earlier. The club had the right idea but looks like Sheens took it wrong so the communication got screwed up.

Better late then never.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Top post.

Made Teddy and Marty.

That pack.

Farah, Woods ,Thompson, Marty and Blair.

The only 3 blokes nobody runs up to trying for push and shove plus were Sam Burgess, Blair and Marty.

And we had 2 of them.

Long term injuries stuffed us in 14.

Brian Smith completed the process.

Still an assistant under Gus.

And I might add whatever went wrong with Patten cost us another good coach.

Really wish Sheens took this role on 10 years earlier. The club had the right idea but looks like Sheens took it wrong so the communication got screwed up.

Better late then never.

Sheens should have moved into this position back in 2012 as you say but i would say his ego would not allow him to do so then.Going to the ESL would have made him realise that his coaching days are finished and i am happy that he has seen the light and returned to the job he is suited for.

I've got a few cousins that diehard dogs fans.
I hate the dogs and only hope they wallow down the bottom for years yet.
Feel for Mick though, hope they give him a decent crack and not screw him over like we did.
Josh Jackson seems like a great bloke and captain. Keep em in line

Good to see him back. He had no resources here and got shafted in the end. Hope he makes a good fist of it. After tomorrow night that is.

I've got a few cousins that diehard dogs fans.
I hate the dogs and only hope they wallow down the bottom for years yet.
Feel for Mick though, hope they give him a decent crack and not screw him over like we did.
Josh Jackson seems like a great bloke and captain. Keep em in line
Potter may go very well at the dogs. He clearly got the most out of our talent and we did have a hard bench (unsure why people are praising Blair above. He was good for Melbourne but not good for us).

The dogs this year have talent. They have cattle. Last year, they just did not have a first grade squad. Now, they have SOO level reps in JAC, TPJ, Burton, etc.

I would like to see Potter take this next shot at first grade. Yet that stupid Gordon Tallis tricking RF, revealed that Farah did not have full confidence in Potter. It should be easier for Potter to follow Barrett and the other coaches people have had, but I wonder what was lacking in Potter....

I watched the Potter Coach interview the media does and his attitude has changed So much
I was genuinely shocked how much he has accepted life and is happy to be
For anyone who has spare 11 mins, here is the link

That was a very enjoyable interview.

Mick still comes over as a very likable bloke and there are a lot of things about him that from that interview at least would suggest that he could still be a pretty good coach.

Love the guys honesty, humour and acceptance of the cards he has been dealt.

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes in his attitude and the way he accepts things after a few months of having Gus and the board looking over his shoulder.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this is a danger game . . . . . . . . "tactics" is still in my head.

That was a very enjoyable interview.

Mick still comes over as a very likable bloke and there are a lot of things about him that from that interview at least would suggest that he could still be a pretty good coach.

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes in his attitude and the way he accepts things after a few months of having Gus and the board looking over his shoulder.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this is a danger game . . . . . . . . "tactics" is still in my head.
i think you have nailed it with this

Thats what i got out of that too

Has anyone got the article in the Tele with Grant Meyer bombing potter?

Potter would be the least inspiring coach in the comp.

Yeah he was a good player but a shit coach. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team. Whilst on the topic of shitness, how shit is Luke Thompson? Whoever signed that prick for the Bulldogs should be sacked.

Arriba!

Potter would be the least inspiring coach in the comp.

Yeah he was a good player but a shit coach. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team. Whilst on the topic of shitness, I shit is Luke Thompson. Whoever signed that prick for the Bulldogs should be sacked.

How good that Mick Potter is getting first crack at the Bulldogs job. One of rugby league’s truly great people, he deserves it.

In his final days at the Wests Tigers in 2014, as speculation swirled about his future, he was sending screenshots from Game of Thrones of decapitated heads on a stick, having a laugh at his looming demise.

Back