Prediction for captain 2023

Jo O and Twal

Only because they don't deserve to be embarassed at press conferences ...you know they show up and give 110%
I would love to see my man Alex in a presser, he was terrible leading the winning team chant..., didn't know the words... don't blame him because it was a long time between drinks and usual leader of the song Noffa was in Melbourne I think. When was that?

Jo O and Twal

Only because they don't deserve to be embarassed at press conferences ...you know they show up and give 110%
Thanks for reminding me of Kenny’s presser. The moment I lost faith in Madge 😂

I’m not a fan of the new blood being captain. Gotta earn respect before taking on the leadership in my opinion.
Mate you've played footy, haven't you played in a side when a rep player joins the team, instant respect bro, until he shites in his boots he has respect.
It's a bit different to an office.
On the other hand if the new player comes in and demands respect, well yeh.... kiss off sunshine!

Mate you've played footy, haven't you played in a side when a rep player joins the team, instant respect bro, until he shites in his boots he has respect.
It's a bit different to an office.
On the other hand if the new player comes in and demands respect, well yeh.... kiss off sunshine!
I’ve had Professional players come into non-professional teams I’ve played in and they weren’t instantly made captain. Just doesn’t feel right.

This is a massive clean out though which kind of makes it different.

so your hoping Klem gets the C do you,?
I was throwing it out there merlot. I was fishing and all I caught waz a cold.
Hobbo has succumbed to paint fumes from a hard days renovating and really noone has come up with a curve ball....so I think it's Joffa! 🙂

We can't give the captaincy to a new recruit. I think we gave it to Mbye and it was a disaster. Players have to prove themselves. Joe O is the only guy apart from the forum favorite who deserve a shot. I think it has to be Joe O.

I’ve had Professional players come into non-professional teams I’ve played in and they weren’t instantly made captain. Just doesn’t feel right.

This is a massive clean out though which kind of makes it different.
Yeh I get that. Dont get me wrong, you do have to earn respect. Put it this way... I played in a rep side that obviously had good players, then one day Peter Grigg turned up to join us (not long after he scored for the Wallabies against the AllBlacks)
He came into the sheds and asked us if he had a jersey, far out instant respect. He went on to captain us to a state win.

Yeh I get that. Dont get me wrong, you do have to earn respect. Put it this way... I played in a rep side that obviously had good players, then one day Peter Grigg turned up to join us (not long after he scored for the Wallabies against the AllBlacks)
He came into the sheds and asked us if he had a jersey, far out instant respect. He went on to captain us to a state win.
Don’t get me wrong, after a month or two if the original captain isn’t working and the new guy is the best leader, you make the change. I just think Joff derserves first crack based on his on field and off field work this year.

Back