Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497640) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497594) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497581) said:
I really enjoying going to the football at suburban grounds and they have there place but touching up Leichhardt or Campbelltown doesn’t really help us. ***Both have small capacity and limited quality corporate facilities***. We need to use them strategically and ***not try and build our club around them***

Serious question.....why?

If CS & LO were upgraded with better facilities, enough corporates and 30K capacity, why wouldnt you build a club around them? A soulless ANZ is better?

Let’s be realistic that Leichhardt will never be upgraded to a modern stadium with modern facilities. 30k at Leichhardt is pie in the sky talk.

I agree with you totally that its unrealistic that they will spend the money of LO, but disagree totally that 30K is unrealistic. Ive been there with 25k and that is with hardly any individual seating. I have see plans for an upgrade that had individual seating installed behind the hill and both ends individual seating. That would easily get it to 30K.

Campbelltown could possibly be upgraded but is a long distance from a large portion of the fan base and the growing junior league in the inner west.

Campbelltown/Camden/SW isnt a growing junior league?

If ANZ got the upgrade they were talking about that would have been great. So it’s BankWest or SFS at the moment.

Its cool if you prefer that, 13 games each at a fit for purpose 30K capacity LO & CSS would be perfect (agreed very unlikely).

Why not join the Keith Barnes stand with the main stand. Add modern corporate boxes/facilities. The corners will add a few thousand seats each. May need to gut it and start again but at least it maintains the hills, but improves the stands. The red below would be the new stand. A half stadium if you will. Seems doable.

![d524e48a-338c-478c-bb55-253f3dc09af1-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1635130623927-d524e48a-338c-478c-bb55-253f3dc09af1-image.png)

Although Campbelltown would be easier to revamp...

@tiger5150 said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497677) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497640) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497594) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497581) said:
I really enjoying going to the football at suburban grounds and they have there place but touching up Leichhardt or Campbelltown doesn’t really help us. ***Both have small capacity and limited quality corporate facilities***. We need to use them strategically and ***not try and build our club around them***

If CS & LO were upgraded with better facilities, enough corporates and 30K capacity, why wouldnt you build a club around them? A soulless ANZ is better?

Let’s be realistic that Leichhardt will never be upgraded to a modern stadium with modern facilities. 30k at Leichhardt is pie in the sky talk.

I agree with you totally that its unrealistic that they will spend the money of LO, but disagree totally that 30K is unrealistic. Ive been there with 25k and that is with hardly any individual seating. I have see plans for an upgrade that had individual seating installed behind the hill and both ends individual seating. That would easily get it to 30K.

Campbelltown could possibly be upgraded but is a long distance from a large portion of the fan base and the growing junior league in the inner west.

Campbelltown/Camden/SW isnt a growing junior league?

If ANZ got the upgrade they were talking about that would have been great. So it’s BankWest or SFS at the moment.

Its cool if you prefer that, 13 games each at a fit for purpose 30K capacity LO & CSS would be perfect (agreed very unlikely).

Throwing seats into the ends of Leichhardt doesn’t make it much better just gets more people and probably takes away from why people like the ground.

Yes Camden/Campbelltown is a growth area but the Balmain junior league is growing quicker. If you had to pick one to upgrade you’d go Campbelltown but a full time move there wouldn’t provide all the answers and would cause more issues.

We are nomads and will continue to be for a while yet.

@bathursttiger1 said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497565) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497207) said:
@tv-ted-ellery said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497097) said:
@jadtiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497079) said:
Hopefully the LNP slush fund is fully loaded to throw megabucks at Leichhardt Oval at the next election,they could start by throwing 100m at it on monday after all it is a marginal seat

The Greens MP for Balmain won 42% of the primary vote at the last election, with the Lib candidate a distant third. I wouldn't describe it as a marginal seat.

I don't think any redevelopment of LO would get past council.

There’s no chance Darcy and the Greens will approve any redevelopment of LO.

Except for some new seats, Darcy is an idiot.

Only the people that complain about Stadium Australia are soulless. Stadium Australia is awesome.

@mike said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497922) said:

Only the people that complain about Stadium Australia are soulless. Stadium Australia is awesome.

Nothing about it is awesome apart from location

@cochise said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497924) said:
@mike said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497922) said:

Great facilities, great seats, plenty of leg room, corporate facilities are great, good public transport.

@mike said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497925) said:
@cochise said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497924) said:

Great facilities, great seats, plenty of leg room, corporate facilities are great, good public transport.

Great is as good as awesome though. The only people who like ANZ are those that don't like being close to other people. The seats are terrible, much too far from the action. The stadium was just designed really poorly.

@cochise said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497929) said:
@mike said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497925) said:

Great is as good as awesome though. The only people who like ANZ are those that don't like being close to other people. The seats are terrible, much too far from the action. The stadium was just designed really poorly.

You're gonna love the SFS

If ANZ was a rectangle it would have been perfect.

@willow said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497655) said:
I don't quite get Liverpool - our Jersey Flegg boys train out of there and that's about it. The basis of the infrastructure already exists at Campbelltown - there's enough space around that ground to rip down existing stands and make it a 30,000 seat stadium. You have a leagues club next door and a train only 200 metres away. Fixing Leichhardt is a bit more complex as it's so closely surrounded by houses and the like and I don't think you can really get rid of the hill here - too much history tied up in it.

We've been accused of neglecting the South-West region and with Group 6 on the doorstep, Campo makes sense to me.

Din't you get the memo ...no one wants to watch us play at Campbelltown ...I think it is cursed .....not exactly sure

@happy_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497940) said:
@willow said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497655) said:
I don't quite get Liverpool - our Jersey Flegg boys train out of there and that's about it. The basis of the infrastructure already exists at Campbelltown - there's enough space around that ground to rip down existing stands and make it a 30,000 seat stadium. You have a leagues club next door and a train only 200 metres away. Fixing Leichhardt is a bit more complex as it's so closely surrounded by houses and the like and I don't think you can really get rid of the hill here - too much history tied up in it.

We've been accused of neglecting the South-West region and with Group 6 on the doorstep, Campo makes sense to me.

Din't you get the memo ...no one wants to watch us play at Campbelltown ...I think it is cursed .....not exactly sure

I like to watch us play at Campbelltown

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497674) said:

I don’t mind Campbelltown and would travel there for games but you lose a big part of the fan base who won’t travel and will lose their connection with the team. The Balmain junior league is a reasonable size and growing. Wests Ashfield is also in the inner west. The club is split over a fair distance and needs to find something in the middle. I’m not a fan of Liverpool personally but I don’t know enough about the proposal and area to have a strong opinion. Going with Campbelltown only will kill the club in my opinion.

campbletown exclusively never worked for Magpies hence they were broke and merged it will not work now.
play one or two games out of LO and Campbelltown and then it's ANZ for the remainder

@geo said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497953) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497940) said:

Tier 2 seating like sitting on top of each other, Hill not the best

Parra stadium you are still close to people seated tho

@jedi_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497955) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497674) said:

I don’t mind Campbelltown and would travel there for games but you lose a big part of the fan base who won’t travel and will lose their connection with the team. The Balmain junior league is a reasonable size and growing. Wests Ashfield is also in the inner west. The club is split over a fair distance and needs to find something in the middle. I’m not a fan of Liverpool personally but I don’t know enough about the proposal and area to have a strong opinion. Going with Campbelltown only will kill the club in my opinion.

campbletown exclusively never worked for Magpies hence they were broke and merged it will not work now.
play one or two games out of LO and Campbelltown and then it's ANZ for the remainder

ANZ is horrible.

@cochise said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497960) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497955) said:

ANZ is horrible.

Wow I never knew you felt that way

@geo said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497953) said:

Explains the curse ......

@cochise said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497960) said:

ANZ is horrible.

It may be poor in its current state but what would be better for the club long term. Two half arsed upgrades of our suburban grounds or a proper upgrade of ANZ? I’d rather the put the ANZ upgrade back on the table than provide short term solutions.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Premier backs renewal of suburban NRL grounds](/post/1497973) said:

ANZ is horrible.

It may be poor in its current state but what would be better for the club long term. Two half arsed upgrades of our suburban grounds or a proper upgrade of ANZ? I’d rather the put the ANZ upgrade back on the table than provide short term solutions.

I agree but it is not on the table.

With regard to LO and the Keith Barnes Stand - don't think you would be allowed to join it with the LR Stand as it is Heritage listed.

I'm in favor of upgrading Leichhardt - maybe they could pull the KB stand down and put it together exactly at Birchgrove Oval. Then knock down the LR Stand and build a new stand in it's place that includes both ends of the ground. New toilet facilities and food areas - laughing.

There is plenty of parking available (never had a problem, even with 20k+) just not next to your seat.

Latest posts

Members online

Back