Questions you've always wanted answers to ...WT/s

@Cairnstigers said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125529) said:
Why did Warren Ryan take Blocker Roach and Sironen off in the 89 Grand final

Because he knew I was about to win a motza, I told my wife and friends with 90 seconds to go "We're off to the club, My Shout"

@nrlsurvivor said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125520) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125178) said:
Many have many questions that probably never got real answers to about the WT's and things that have happened in the past

My question ...why did Wayne Pearce resign as WT's coach ...never seen a reason given to be honest

There were rumours that he had some issues with some players. However according to his column in the daily telegraph “I quit as coach of Wests Tigers yesterday for one reason alone - I need a break. I have been playing and coaching continually for 30 years and I need time away from the game. So forget the conspiracy theories - it was my decision and mine alone to step down. I’ve been thinking about it for a month or more and I realise I just could not keep putting it off forever. It was not fair to the players and it was not fair on the club. I had to decide whether to go on, or whether it was time for a change. Going to bed on Tuesday night, my last thought was I had decided to step down. I’ve been in rugby league long enough to know the simple explanation is often the most truthful. It’s always the one that is most discounted as a lie. So I know there will be a dozen stories about the supposed ‘real’ reasons behind my decision - but they are wrong. The answer is very simple. I need a break from the club and the club needs a break from me.”

Thanks mate. Junior will always be my favourite player of all time. Benji my favourite Wests Tiger.

@Cairnstigers said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125543) said:
It’s all the ground around the field as well

The playing field ran West to East in the original configuration.

@Tigerwould said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125479) said:
If Harry T has so much money why didn't he do more for the club?

Probably because the club thumbed it's nose at him over the Leagues club debacle. Also what OzLuke said in his post could be as relevant.

Other reason could be that he was always a Balmain supporter, when they have now minimum clout in the West Tigers, he hasn't either.

Lote...why didnt you catch that bomb. Moltzen, why didn't you hit Inu.

I thought about those questions daily for linger than Id like to admit.

Why couldn't Sheens see that Gibbs and Fifita were far better than Blair?

@Masterton said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125668) said:
Why couldn't Sheens see that Gibbs and Fifita were far better than Blair?

The coach could only handle 1 of Fulton or gibbs and fifita was sent with him to tye his shoelaces but sharks were shafted as it was really Liam who tied them

In this era of analytics...in an era where we have finished 9th four times now...why has it not occurred to anyone at the club that having makeshift kickers 'every.single.season.for.years.now' is perhaps not such a good idea?

@Geo said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125512) said:
When will Leichhardt Oval get soap in the dunnies...?

Those who attend LO will be immune to Coronavirus. Years of being exposed to the Glenn Morrison memorial dunnies will render us immune.

@hobbo1 said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125675) said:
Why isn’t @happy_tiger smarter than a 5th grader ?

Because I only needed to get past Year 3 level to be smarter than you and Sun Yang

@TheDaBoss said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125771) said:
Why is bwaith in a commentary role

Thought they were getting Jodi Anasta ...got Bwaith instead

@cqtiger said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125612) said:
Why does the ground record attendance at Leichhardt Oval NOT involve either Balmain or Wests Tigers?

Because they used to play a lot of rep fixtures and other sports at LO? Still do really, in the lower grades.

LO used to be state-of-the-art, if you can believe it.

@jirskyr said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125822) said:
@cqtiger said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1125612) said:
Why does the ground record attendance at Leichhardt Oval NOT involve either Balmain or Wests Tigers?

Because they used to play a lot of rep fixtures and other sports at LO? Still do really, in the lower grades.

LO used to be state-of-the-art, if you can believe it.

In its day, yes, but that day has long passed.

Midweek Cup.

Back