Racing tips, talk etc

Melbourne Cup 2023
Vauban
Looks pretty hard to beat
Absurde
Good eachway bet
JT
Let me tell you a true Vauban story. I have a racing acquaintance who had an all up bet with one of the Corporate bookmakers on the Caulfield Cup winner into the Cox Plate winner into the Golden Eagle winner into Vauban.
Bet was $250 and payout if Vauban wins the cup is $515,000.
Ticket/ bet fully verified, legal and on ! He’s a bit edgy at present.

JT
Let me tell you a true Vauban story. I have a racing acquaintance who had an all up bet with one of the Corporate bookmakers on the Caulfield Cup winner into the Cox Plate winner into the Golden Eagle winner into Vauban.
Fingers crossed for him, ay.

I'm going the Japanese horse. Worked for me in the Golden Eagle.
Same- Just got a feeling about this one.

The French horse that Craig Williams is on- keep an eye on that too.

Ashrun needs to be kept safe too imo.

Last edited:
JT
nice bet
I normally would say start laying some off but jeez I think he just wins the race
good luck to your mate

JT
If he's smart he lays it on Betfair and guarantees himself a great day .

nice bet
I normally would say start laying some off but jeez I think he just wins the race
good luck to your mate
His best European wins were when he was allowed to lead and rack and stack the field.
That won't be happening tomorrow, there's good speed in the race.
TAKE THE PROFIT. ALWAYS TAKE THE PROFIT.

I just realised it’s Melbourne cup tomorrow.
Anything worth looking at?

The hardest part of being a punter is listening to the constant "chances are you're about to lose" ads!
It's like having a trainer running alongside an NRL player telling him he's about to drop the ball or miss a tackle.
Shut the F up!

Back