Racing tips, talk etc

Mister Hemsworth racing Thursday at Ipswich 1350m race 4
Probably needs one more run but again another weak field so maybe eachway again.
When he ran second up two preparations ago he ran fourth to Eleven Eleven of Hickmans at Canterbury a hell of a lot stronger class than this

Mister Hemsworth racing Thursday at Ipswich 1350m race 4
Probably needs one more run but again another weak field so maybe eachway again.
When he ran second up two preparations ago he ran fourth to Eleven Eleven of Hickmans at Canterbury a hell of a lot stronger class than this
Just put my bet on JT, same as last time $5x20.
Good luck !!

And soon as I put my bet on it has come out as a late scratching ? What happened ?
Jack Bruce decided to scratch due to barrier, he though he would either have to push up too hard to get to the front or be stuck out the back from that gate.
He said he didn't want to waste the run as he thinks he is working well enough to win his next start. On paper he said he would be winning but he feels the gate just adds some doubt to it.
He will be saved for Doomben 1350m colt and geldings maiden in a few weeks for more prize money. He said to me he thinks he will be winning that one

Jack Bruce decided to scratch due to barrier, he though he would either have to push up too hard to get to the front or be stuck out the back from that gate.
He said he didn't want to waste the run as he thinks he is working well enough to win his next start. On paper he said he would be winning but he feels the gate just adds some doubt to it.
He will be saved for Doomben 1350m colt and geldings maiden in a few weeks for more prize money. He said to me he thinks he will be winning that one
Thanks for the explanation.
Good luck next start.

An interesting fact relating to NZ racings big Cup meeting at Riccarton near Christchurch today.
Winner of R10, Lord Donovan won his third race in a week. Won last Saturday then won on Wednesday and backed up to win today.

Amazing performance and shades of the great Phar Lap who won a race on each of the 4 days of the Melbourne Cup carnival back in 1932, and they were all different distances, inc the cup !!!!

I spoke to a bloke on Melbourne Cup day who put $6 on a mystery trifecta. He won $9k!
Good result for a mystery although I talk to a guy at the races most weeks and he’s given up studying the form.
He now has $20 worth of mystery trifectas on each race in Melbourne - Wednesday and Saturday, so spends about $360 a week.
Says he’s never had such healthy collects, and reckons he’s in front,but you’d never know for sure, there’s more bs at a racetrack than there is in a paddock.
I enjoy studying the form as much as betting and after 55 years of punting still find it interesting and enjoyable. Attend the races every Saturday.

Good result for a mystery although I talk to a guy at the races most weeks and he’s given up studying the form.
He now has $20 worth of mystery trifectas on each race in Melbourne - Wednesday and Saturday, so spends about $360 a week.
Says he’s never had such healthy collects, and reckons he’s in front,but you’d never know for sure, there’s more bs at a racetrack than there is in a paddock.
I enjoy studying the form as much as betting and after 55 years of punting still find it interesting and enjoyable. Attend the races every Saturday.
Used to know a guy who would take his betting real serious and go to trackwork.

He'd make consistent money just like a business, and put loads of hours into it.

I know what you mean mate. When it comes to gamblers, they brag about the wins and never tell you about the losses.

Used to know a guy who would take his betting real serious and go to trackwork.

He'd make consistent money just like a business, and put loads of hours into it
As the old saying says “ the harder you work, the luckier you’ll get” ( but not always),
It should be the smarter I work .,,,,,

I know what you mean mate. When it comes to gamblers, they brag about the wins and never tell you about the losses.
True, I make it a point to be totally honest or say nothing at all. I just listen but don’t necessarily believe, been around racetracks all my life and met all sorts of people so known exactly what you mean.

True, I make it a point to be totally honest or say nothing at all. I just listen but don’t necessarily believe, been around racetracks all my life and met all sorts of people so known exactly what you mean.
What interests you about the horses mate? Is part of it getting one up on the bookie?

What interests you about the horses mate? Is part of it getting one up on the bookie?
I think it’s a challenging puzzle that requires a lot of analysis , of course winning is the ultimate prize but as I get older I am using it more as a “anti dementia aid”( only kidding).
Just enjoy the whole experience and love my Saturday at the track. I refer to it as my golf game !!!

I think it’s a challenging puzzle that requires a lot of analysis , of course winning is the ultimate prize but as I get older I am using it more as a “anti dementia aid”( only kidding).
Just enjoy the whole experience and love my Saturday at the track. I refer to it as my golf game !!!
This is the exact reason I love poker. It's an unsolved game that requires a lot of analysis. I would discuss hands with other winning players and learn so much.

Members online

Back