Racing tips, talk etc

Correct, just a quick way I write it.
Not necessarily suggesting you bet on them, just an example for you to show how it all works. Maybe just watch coz Sunday meetings can be tricky.
I’m not betting locally today, my only bets will be on Hong Kong races that I follow closely on Wed nights and Sunday. I love the racing over there.
If you’re interested my HK bets are;
R1-3,2-12,3-1,4-9,5-3,6-3,7-no bet,8-6,
9-10,10-11.
Just put them all on in my account. Getting the
prices is a little tricky coz Aussie Tab doesn’t have any fixed odds, but I have found an alternative and accurate( well normally)way !!!
I’m a bit hesitant coz I posted some tips, not my own, just after I first joined and they all lost.
I received a private note from a forumer who suggested I forget posting “crap” tips.
But these are all my own, and you seem interested, so we’ll see what happens.
👌👌
I can’t stand it when people sook about a tip not coming in. It puts people with tips off from divulging tips the next time. A gentle ribbing maybe for laughs but to PM you and have a go is just out of line.
As @426Tlgerland said it’s up to the individual punter to gamble with their head.
Anyway I’ll be giving ya system a crack for fun, it’s a bit of a hobby for me too.

I can’t stand it when people sook about a tip not coming in. It puts people with tips off from divulging tips the next time. A gentle ribbing maybe for laughs but to PM you and have a go is just out of line.
As @426Tlgerland said it’s up to the individual punter to gamble with their head.
Anyway I’ll be giving ya system a crack for fun, it’s a bit of a hobby for me too.
Different people react in different ways and not saying it was a bad thing, just made me a bit cautious.

Alright everyone , I just got a call from someone in the betting industry who told me to back no 6 in race 2 @ Benalla.
I pass it on for what it’s worth. 15 mins to jump.
And my money is in @ $8.0 fixed odds.
🤞🤞🤞🤞

Correct, just a quick way I write it.
Not necessarily suggesting you bet on them, just an example for you to show how it all works. Maybe just watch coz Sunday meetings can be tricky.
I’m not betting locally today, my only bets will be on Hong Kong races that I follow
closely on Wed nights and Sunday. I love the racing over there.
If you’re interested my HK bets are;
R1-3,2-12,3-1,4-9,5-3,6-3,7-no bet,8-6,
9-10,10-11.
Just put them all on in my account. Getting the
prices is a little tricky coz Aussie Tab doesn’t have any fixed odds, but I have found an alternative and accurate( well normally)way !!!
I’m a bit hesitant coz I posted some tips, not my own, just after I first joined and they all lost.
I received a private note from a forumer who suggested I forget posting “crap” tips.
But these are all my own, and you seem interested, so we’ll see what happens.
Love betting on Hong Kong races. Also the best tracks to go to. ShaTin is amazing and nothing beats the atmosphere of Happy Valley night meeting.
👌👌

Different people react in different ways and not saying it was a bad thing, just made me a bit cautious.

Alright everyone , I just got a call from someone in the betting industry who told me to back no 6 in race 2 @ Benalla.
I pass it on for what it’s worth. 15 mins to jump.
And my money is in @ $8.0 fixed odds.
🤞🤞🤞🤞
Bummer I missed that post I was having lunch mate.
So ya first at Geelong had a good run but was beaten by the favourite.

Bummer I missed that post I was having lunch mate.
So ya first at Geelong had a good run but was beaten by the favourite.
But have bounced back with 2 winners @ $8.7 and $6.8 so a winning day ( but I didn’t bet there). However, you can see how it all works.
HK has started poorly for me but it ain’t over till it’s over.
Pity you missed that tip, $9.2 was a good price. It actually paid for my entire day so irrespective of what happens I’m covered.

you should try and frame your own market to look for value. I use the Don Scott method and weights and measures geberal rule is 1.5kg equal a length
Another rule I tend to use in Brisbane Saturday races is in a class 6 back the top weight with a 3kg claim
My old man had Don Scotts book....couldnt get into it myself

But have bounced back with 2 winners @ $8.7 and $6.8 so a winning day ( but I didn’t bet there). However, you can see how it all works.
HK has started poorly for me but it ain’t over till it’s over.
Pity you missed that tip, $9.2 was a good price. It actually paid for my entire day so irrespective of what happens I’m covered.
Yes, pretty good.
Yeah real bummer about that tip, you wanna be on a $9 tip.
Thanks Hal, I enjoyed it.

i
i used to work for racing nsw years ago so know a little bit about handicapping and pricing markets. It takes a long time to do form, do all the weights and measures and then frame the markets to around 100%
I am pretty strict with my rules if I have a horse marked at 7/2 and it is 3/1 I will not back it.

When I framed the nrl top 8 market to 110% I thought 7/1 was great value to make the 8 for the Tigers. At 4/1 the value is not there anymore but if you look some big moves have been on the Tigers 7/1 to 4/1 to make 8.

i

i used to work for racing nsw years ago so know a little bit about handicapping and pricing markets. It takes a long time to do form, do all the weights and measures and then frame the markets to around 100%
I am pretty strict with my rules if I have a horse marked at 7/2 and it is 3/1 I will not back it.

When I framed the nrl top 8 market to 110% I thought 7/1 was great value to make the 8 for the Tigers. At 4/1 the value is not there anymore but if you look some big moves have been on the Tigers 7/1 to 4/1 to make 8.
Well you are disciplined, and that is important but I’m not betting in big numbers anymore so have let that slide.
Agree about the Top 8. Looks like someone
( hope it’s the WT coaching and playing staff) have had some fairly serious bets. Natural odds of 7 or 8/1 acceptable but $4 too short for me.
I’m currently trying to get home a winner in HK, no joy so far but still 3 races to go.

he did commit suicide, he was part of the "legal Eagles betting syndicate
Yes, the pressure to succeed eventually got to him. For many years he used to fly to Melbourne on Sat morning and return at night.
I think he became a victim of his image and success.
But taught us punters many good lessons so his legacy lives on, and many good punters still follow his methods.

A mate has a tip for Grafton r5 no10.
Bet with your head.
@Halbrowne61
@Jedi_Tiger
Hal if you post tips mate it’s up to the individual to bet them , it’s only a tip and we the punter do appreciate them , I have a tip for tomorrow at Newcastle Race 6 Harpers Jewel , my self and couple mates own 50% of her. Back each way as she has only just started racing , 2 starts so far and another or ours we have 50% is Forbidden Gemstone , 3 starts 9 , 1 , 4 She May go around for 1 more or spell just waiting on trainer to decide as it was her first prep keep an eye out for the girls as they are both bred by us over good stallions in Testa Rossa and Rubic , mum was ok we have owned her from 18 months old she got to the group 3 Gloming and is a Fastnet Rock Mare , again back our girls at your own desire
Weather against you TL. Another day !
👌👌

My Dad used that method but back them it was 3 lbs = 1 length. He was OK at maths but always got me to do the calculations. So, after I’d done my homework he brought out the Sunday papers so I could do the calculations.
I think he said the method was called “Doing the Weights”.

My Dad used that method but back them it was 3 lbs = 1 length. He was OK at maths but always got me to do the calculations. So, after I’d done my homework he brought out the Sunday papers so I could do the calculations.
I think he said the method was called “Doing the Weights”.
Yep C, same as today, 3lbs converts to approx 1.5kgs, which is the universal standard for weight comparison.
Nowadays it can be done by computer program but somehow the results not as effective.
You certainly did it the hard way ( like we all did back then).
Probably helped your maths more than you realise. My Dad used to give me puzzles revolving around the old odds, 5/4,6/4,7/4 etc converted to actual payouts and also percentages.
Have to say my basic maths is pretty sharp, due almost entirely to that and old school teaching. Reading writing and Arithmetic !

Members online

Back