YesHeCheeKam

I have been thinking about where our players fit in the grand scheme of things in the competition.

The first one up is Daine Laurie. Certain Forumers are calling out for us to pay him big money, before he gets snapped up, but who would actually be after him? Rank the NRL Fullbacks:

1) Trbojevic (Manly)
2) Tedesco (Roosters)
3) Mitchell (Souths)
4) Papenhuyzen (Storm)
5) Ponga (Knights)
6) Brimson (Titans)
7) Kennedy (Sharks)
8) Gutherson (Eels)
9) Holmes (Cowboys)
10) CNZ (Raiders)
11) Walsh (Warriors)
12) Edwards (Panthers)
13) Dufty (Dragons)
14) Meaney (Bulldogs)
15) Laurie (Tigers)
16) Niu (Broncos)

I’d have him higher, but not much higher. At best, he just scrapes into the top 10.

I would have him probs 1 or 2 higher at best , i like the bloke but he seems to lack genuine pace , deftinately tries his guts out

only my opinion, but I'd have him above Meaney, Dufty, CNK (based on this year), Holmes and potentially Edwards. if our halves need to bite deeper into the line and give him more space and time next year, I think you'll see him shoot up that list again.

@jrtiger said in [Rank: Fullback \(Laurie\)](/post/1482007) said:
only my opinion, but I'd have him above Meaney, Dufty, CNK (based on this year), Holmes and potentially Edwards. if our halves need to bite deeper into the line and give him more space and time next year, I think you'll see him shoot up that list again.

His best game was the Broncos game where AD straightened the attack and create extra room for him.

He was one of our better players. The ranking given is pretty spot on. He has a lot of room for improvement and I am sure he will get better. The sad thing is there was hardly anyone else, once he was injured. We really need a good standby full back.

On this years form he’d slot in around Brimson territory, also Dylan Edwards would be on about the same tier. Given it’s year one you have to assume some physical maturity will come as he’s fairly slight. So yes, I’d upgrade him without being silly.

I'd have him around 11th or 12th leading into next year.

Only 22 years old, I think he's got a lot of improvement to come.

@gnr4life said in [Rank: Fullback \(Laurie\)](/post/1482004) said:
I’d have him higher, but not much higher. At best, he just scrapes into the top 10.

You can pick a favourite Gunners….
He’s bottom 3, has a red hot crack - so did Corey Thompson.
One thing I hate, is watching him take dirty hit ups on kick return… he’s the slightest bloke in the league and we’re using all his gas bringing the ball back

Most will agree that he was one of our best players, however on the list of fullbacks I agree that he is currently near the bottom compared to the rest. So that just goes to show how poor our players performed compared to the bulk of players in the NRL.

Hate to be negative but IMO Laurie has not been as good as either Brimson or Edwards.

I mean, we are bottom four for a reason. He is still young, and we haven't seen enough of him yet to know how much better he'll get. There's a lot to like though. A lot of forumers mention him lacking speed and I think he has speed over a short distance, I'm not sure over long distance. We really didn't see a lot of that this year as once again, we are a bottom four team, and he doesn't have the size to make clean breaks by himself very often. Once again, that's something which should change, so the future is promising.

He would be about 12 on that list probably ahead of Edwards but with the potential of getting more than a few places higher by the end of 2022,that is contingent on our forwards going better

He's better than Dufty, Meaney, Edwards and Walsh right now

Fullback is arguably the most stacked position talent wise at the moment too. He's no top 5 fullback but that doesn't mean he's not really good. Only his first year of first grade too

Some clubs have 2 or 3 better fullbacks in their squad that aren't on that list. He is our best option but a long way to go.

@jc99 said in [Rank: Fullback \(Laurie\)](/post/1482046) said:
He's better than Dufty, Meaney, Edwards and Walsh right now

Fullback is arguably the most stacked position talent wise at the moment too. He's no top 5 fullback but that doesn't mean he's not really good. Only his first year of first grade too

Walsh single handedly won games in a side that should have been worse than ours…
He’s a poor mans dufty - a lot of upside, but he’s no where near as quick or can set stuff up like Dufty…
Would argue his positioning in D is worse than Dufty as well…

@tigersj said in [Rank: Fullback \(Laurie\)](/post/1482031) said:
Hate to be negative but IMO Laurie has not been as good as either Brimson or Edwards.

And it’s not close…

Back