Referendum 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I had to look up the word Pygmalion. It's a good word.

I sort of agree with this. I got to give my life philosophy first. I don't take handouts and I live frugally. I also take care of my health. I'm not a whiner about me having it tough and I always think people have to learn to stand on their own two feet.

I also am sick to death of people complaining about how hard they have it. I see weakness everywhere. How many no voters are complaining how tough they have it. I have rich relatives and I hear them whining. It drives me batty.

We have 3 kids. My oldest two have been told that they pay for everything but they get free board. My youngest will be in the same position. They were brats at one point (the youngest is perfect) but they are so much better now. They aren't asking us for handouts.

I tell you my take on Aborigines. Whenever I'm discussing the topic I always state give them everything they want but at some point someone has to state that it's up to you to get yourself ahead.

It's not a bad idea and I sort of agree. I think it's not about hand-outs but about providing better facilities.

The reason I'm not a huge fan is that I think the world is in trouble. Climate change if it continues will be horrendous. I am not some mad greenie and I was a climate skeptic for years. I can still point out flaws in climate science.

At the same time I believe if temperatures increase to say 3 degree we are going to be screwed. I mean people living in the equator will not be able to live there. It'd be horrific. Most of the climate change activists now are massively concerned about an inevitable (I don't know if this is true) 2 degree warming.

So my concern with this is it's massive spend when we should have more people living like they do in Singapore. Less cars. Much more intense housing. Better facilities.

So if we can do what you state and make regional areas work better in a more modern way great. I think though I'd rather spend more money to impact more people and that requires more spending in the cities.

There are so many issues. I'll give an example. At my job I wasn't forced but they put out a video on Indigenous culture. It was fascinating. This young guy got a job. His family and it's not just mum and dad. They consider lots of people uncles and aunties. All of his family which includes people probably not related wanted a piece of his pay. So he is going to work and not earning anything. His manager got him to take out a car loan and pay that off first and then give his money away.

These types of issues might not be specific to Indigenous people but it's not the way I was bought up where mummy and daddy pay for private schools and leave you a massive inheritance.

I'll tell you what I hate about discussing these issues. There isn't some simple fix. It's a massively complex issue that is really screwed up.

I don't have answers. I'm still voting yes but it's such a trivial change to me and it costs me nothing. I'm just trying to be supportive and I like the idea of putting more onus onto Indigenous people.
Please stick to what you are learning from the sensible moderate right between trips to the chemist without reverting to your climate change backstop

This is interesting. SkyNews pointing out the misinformation in the no campaign.

He states that the no campaign is deliberately promoting division.

Well, seems pretty straight forward to me, if a footballer who has had multiple hits to the head is voting YES, it must be a good thing.
Glad you recognise the Yes vote as a good thing Winston.

I mean hey Nathan Cleary is a great footballer. Some are arguing with me that Cleary is better then Johns and an immortal. I don't know if I would go that far.

We all just saw Nathan Cleary school Brisbane in game smarts. It wasn't braun or speed that won the grand final, it was tactics. Yet of all players to call out for "multiple hits to the head"... The guy just won the Grand Final based on game smarts.

2x now, you must really be onboard camp yes. I wonder how Jonathan Thurston is voting?

Glad you recognise the Yes vote as a good thing Winston.

I mean hey Nathan Cleary is a great footballer. Some are arguing with me that Cleary is better then Johns and an immortal. I don't know if I would go that far.

We all just saw Nathan Cleary school Brisbane in game smarts. It wasn't braun or speed that won the grand final, it was tactics. Yet of all players to call out for "multiple hits to the head"... The guy just won the Grand Final based on game smarts.

2x now, you must really be onboard camp yes. I wonder how Jonathan Thurston is voting?
Let's make Hopoate a Dr because he practiced anatomy...same logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back