RETURN TO LIDCOMBE 2017!

wtfl1981

SAVE THE DATE!!!

'Return to Lidcombe' is back for 2017

Saturday May 6 at Lidcombe Oval* - 12pm

- Past Wests Magpies Players will be there
- BBQ
- Merchandise Tent full of Wests Magpies gear for sale.
- WSDRLFC Membership forms and sign up also available on the day.

Two Wests Magpies matches on the day:

Sydney Shield vs St Marys at 1pm
Ron Massey Cup vs St Marys at 3pm

*Entry Fee is $5 per person which goes directly to Wests Magpies FC

![](https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18011035_1751029838246869_6253714565107744856_n.jpg?oh=bd9c03e30c03a75db0ff664385e806c7&oe=5976712E)

That will bring the crowds back

All is missing is tommy on a megaphone in the back of a car yelling "come out to the game"

@ said:
Ahhhh "….... will the hot dog man be there?

Is it the same hotdog man I'm thinking who went to all the suburban grounds in the 80s90s

Old Greek/Italian looking fella?….curly grey hair on the sides going bald on top no teeth...

@ said:
@ said:
Ahhhh "….... will the hot dog man be there?

Is it the same hotdog man I'm thinking who went to all the suburban grounds in the 80s90s

Old Greek/Italian looking fella?….curly grey hair on the sides going bald on top no teeth...

Probably …. doubt he would get a health clearance nowadays.
As a side issue .... it's appropriate with what's going on with the Big 4 contract .... that the reunion is called in memory of the Magpies losing Boyd, Dorahey and Brown to bloody Manly all those years ago. Talk about recurring nightmare! :brick:

I'll be there and bringing my parents, who are thrilled at going back to Lidcombe.
Looking forward to it.

Hope all my Magpie brothers and sisters have a great day at Lidcombe ,it was truly one of the great suburban grounds that had some very,very good players grace its turf….

Have never been to Lidcombe Oval. Sounds like it would be an awesome day.
Bruce Clark would be an absolute monster nowadays wouldn't he? Was a huge man back in his playing days. Is Alan Neil Mick Neil's brother?

I was reading the paper today and in the section where they put all of the sports results it said,

**Wests Magpies v some one** (I cant remember who they were versing) **game postponed due to damage at Lidcome Oval.**

@ said:
Have never been to Lidcombe Oval. Sounds like it would be an awesome day.
Bruce Clark would be an absolute monster nowadays wouldn't he? Was a huge man back in his playing days**. Is Alan Neil Mick Neil's brother?**

Yes

Correct
There was quite a few brothers at least 3 or 4 I think maybe more, another played grade at Wests, Craig
Berala Bears boys yeh Geo?

Good old Mick, what a fantastic heart and soul player he was. Was Alan any good? What position did he play?

Alan was a great player too, very talented very skilful…a bit more solid than Mick but about the same height, he played in the halves as well...was one of my faves in the 80s

Cheers for the info.
Good to hear Alan had a bit more meat on his bones than Mick! Big Mick would of weighed about 60-odd kilos during his playing days I'd reckon, he was tough as an old boot.

Back