Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers

@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359330) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355625) said:
@jirskyr said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355428) said:
@tbones10 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355350) said:
@jirskyr said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355326) said:
For the record I'm not really for or against Benny trying to buy up half of WT.

What I do find interesting is there's been a lot of commentary this year about what Tigers can do differently, given a whole host of coaches, managers, CEOs, staff, players have tried to lift the club to reasonably consistent success, and failed to do so.

It is generally agreed that one of the few consistencies throughout this period has been the board, notwithstanding the Wets 90% buyout of recent years putting it much more firmly in the Wests Ashfield court. We haven't really changed the Board much, aside from the Chairperson.

And a bloke comes along to suggest to buy a stake and shake things up a bit... and the forum reaction appears to be 99% negative. Here's your chance to shake things up folks, we can hardly do much worse on the NRL Ladder or our finals success record. If you are an advocate for shaking up the club structure and ownership, Benny is probably the only bloke who is going to make an offer this side of 2040 (pun intended). Take it or leave it, but if you leave it, you'll need to abandon your complaints about things Wests Ashfield might do in the future.

Hi jirskyr I like that you are looking deeper into it than most, even doing that it still doesn't change the fact that 99.9% of members and fans alike don't trust him. Phenomenal player that he was, it doesn't change the articles that we have read and the stories we have heard.
It also doesn't help he is trying to get involved when the club is well and truly on the rise. The club is going great financially, juniors are firing (2nd in Reggies and Flegg and 4th in the Harold Matts and Tarsha Gale) the $75mil COE is opening shortly, structure and value is being added to all levels of the club and he wants to buy a majority share for what is rumoured to be next years salary cap. During the Taylor and big four era I might have thought about it, but he wasn't there through the bad times, now there is light at the end of the tunnel and he wants in. Go to buggery Ben.

So it appears then, dislike for Benny over-rules desires for change at the top.

It's just interesting to me, because I would had said 50% or more folks would have been interested in a board change after the 2021 season to date. For example, if someone said Dennis Burgess or Simon Cook were stepping down next week, I'm predicting most everyone would quite enthusiastic about a shake-up, not actually having any idea if Dennis or Simon know their stuff, nor who the replacement may be.

But a suggestion of Ben Elias trying to buy a seat, those same folks - aka "everyone" - against it.

It is possible to want changes at board level but to still prefer the current set up to Benny's involvement.

Its kind of like the republican vote in the 99, a lot of people wanted a republic but weren't happy with the model put forward so voted no in the referendum.

I would like change at board level but wouldn't be happy with Benny's involvement so would prefer to keep the current model.

@cochise said:
What happened to the ferocious tiger from about 18 months ago when I first joined our forum, that roared with anger when you mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that I was attempting to put a giant wedge between your beloved Balmain Tigers and my beloved Wests Magpies?

What happened to that ferocious tiger that roared with anger and was prepared to die... for the Wests Tigers, as the club was then, due to his life long and never ending love and passion for the Wests Tigers... as it was then?

We currently have a situation where a very poor example of a human being commonly known as 'back door Benny' and his band of faceless men have a burning desire to take control of Wests Tigers.
As admittedly a truly great player for Balmain Tigers, his never ending love for the Balmain Tigers is his sole reason for the need to control.......Wow!!!

He even tells us [it has nothing to do with the need to accumulate personal $$$] there is no profit to be made out of sporting clubs.......Wow!!!

What a truly unique person he is!!!

The fact he is from the Balmain side of our sporting partnership...do you consider if this goes ahead, this could be the actual giant wedge that breaks the Wests Tigers back?

A couple of sporting personalities with a lot more integrity than 'back door Benny' have suggested there is a need for a NRL team to be centered in Campbelltown, and have further suggested Wests Tigers should locate there and once again become known as Wests Magpies.
What's your opinion on this?

No one with even half a brain has suggested moving to Campbelltown and being called the Magpies again. For one it's not even possible and for two it would be suicidal. The only ones that say this are the special breed of Facebook Magpies supporters.

There will be no relocation of WT fullstop. Not if Benny's mates take over, not if it stays with WA.

@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359330) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355625) said:
@jirskyr said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355428) said:
@tbones10 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355350) said:
@jirskyr said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1355326) said:

What I do find interesting is there's been a lot of commentary this year about what Tigers can do differently, given a whole host of coaches, managers, CEOs, staff, players have tried to lift the club to reasonably consistent success, and failed to do so.

It is generally agreed that one of the few consistencies throughout this period has been the board, notwithstanding the Wets 90% buyout of recent years putting it much more firmly in the Wests Ashfield court. We haven't really changed the Board much, aside from the Chairperson.

And a bloke comes along to suggest to buy a stake and shake things up a bit... and the forum reaction appears to be 99% negative. Here's your chance to shake things up folks, we can hardly do much worse on the NRL Ladder or our finals success record. If you are an advocate for shaking up the club structure and ownership, Benny is probably the only bloke who is going to make an offer this side of 2040 (pun intended). Take it or leave it, but if you leave it, you'll need to abandon your complaints about things Wests Ashfield might do in the future.

Hi jirskyr I like that you are looking deeper into it than most, even doing that it still doesn't change the fact that 99.9% of members and fans alike don't trust him. Phenomenal player that he was, it doesn't change the articles that we have read and the stories we have heard.
It also doesn't help he is trying to get involved when the club is well and truly on the rise. The club is going great financially, juniors are firing (2nd in Reggies and Flegg and 4th in the Harold Matts and Tarsha Gale) the $75mil COE is opening shortly, structure and value is being added to all levels of the club and he wants to buy a majority share for what is rumoured to be next years salary cap. During the Taylor and big four era I might have thought about it, but he wasn't there through the bad times, now there is light at the end of the tunnel and he wants in. Go to buggery Ben.

It's just interesting to me, because I would had said 50% or more folks would have been interested in a board change after the 2021 season to date. For example, if someone said Dennis Burgess or Simon Cook were stepping down next week, I'm predicting most everyone would quite enthusiastic about a shake-up, not actually having any idea if Dennis or Simon know their stuff, nor who the replacement may be.

But a suggestion of Ben Elias trying to buy a seat, those same folks - aka "everyone" - against it.

It is possible to want changes at board level but to still prefer the current set up to Benny's involvement.

Its kind of like the republican vote in the 99, a lot of people wanted a republic but weren't happy with the model put forward so voted no in the referendum.

I would like change at board level but wouldn't be happy with Benny's involvement so would prefer to keep the current model.

@cochise said:
What happened to the ferocious tiger from about 18 months ago when I first joined our forum, that roared with anger when you mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that I was attempting to put a giant wedge between your beloved Balmain Tigers and my beloved Wests Magpies?

What happened to that ferocious tiger that roared with anger and was prepared to die... for the Wests Tigers, as the club was then, due to his life long and never ending love and passion for the Wests Tigers... as it was then?

We currently have a situation where a very poor example of a human being commonly known as 'back door Benny' and his band of faceless men have a burning desire to take control of Wests Tigers.
As admittedly a truly great player for Balmain Tigers, his never ending love for the Balmain Tigers is his sole reason for the need to control.......Wow!!!

He even tells us [it has nothing to do with the need to accumulate personal $$$] there is no profit to be made out of sporting clubs.......Wow!!!

The fact he is from the Balmain side of our sporting partnership...do you consider if this goes ahead, this could be the actual giant wedge that breaks the Wests Tigers back?

A couple of sporting personalities with a lot more integrity than 'back door Benny' have suggested there is a need for a NRL team to be centered in Campbelltown, and have further suggested Wests Tigers should locate there and once again become known as Wests Magpies.

Odd post. ruok?

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359417) said:

@cochise said:

Firstly, I am not going to rehash rubbish from 18 months ago as I am not a person that holds a grudge, unlike others apparently.

I have made in clear that I do not want Benny Elias involved in anyway with the Wests Tigers, a structure where he is involved in our club puts us on a path to the clubs demise. I don't care what side of the merger he comes from he is shonky as. I also want something to change in this club, I don't think the current board structure is working and that is not because it is a Wests Ashfield controlled board, it is because our club continues to be a mess that is ran like an amateur club.

Now for some reason you consider me a Balmain fan, I am not a Balmain, I am a Wests Tigers fan. I will take issue with anyone that tries to destabalise the Wests Tigers and have told users on this forum in the last week to pull their heads in because they were pushing Balmain v Magpies agendas.

Now I will address your last paragraph which I find to be disgusting, you are agitating for the breakdown of the Wests Tigers so you can have your 'beloved' Wests Magpies back. I do not want the Wests Magpies to return, nor do I wish to see the Balmain Tigers to return, I am a Wests Tigers supporter and wouldn't have it any other way. It is just a shame that after 21 years there are still people who wish to see their failed clubs returned, I am happy with the current failed club I support.

Wow, I've really hit a nerve here haven't I Cochise.

For you to tell me I am holding a grudge is just wrong and I resent that accusation.

I was merely pointing out the difference in your attitude from then till now, so I suggest... you pull your head in mate.

It's amazing to me how you read things and interpret it a certain way, as that is the way you want it to be.
Leo Tolstoy said : "the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of a doubt, what is laid before him".

Something else you have misinterpreted.
I didn't say you were a current Balmain fan, but it was obvious even 18 months ago you were prev a Balmain supporter as I was a Wests Magpies supporter.
I in fact said..."what happened to that ferocious tiger that roared with anger and was prepared to die...for the Wests Tigers.

So dont twist my words Cochise, to make something out of nothing to suit your ego.

Then to accuse me of trying to destabilise Wests Tigers is just rubbish.

If you are prepared to read my post with an open mind and heart, you will realise that nowhere have I pushed a Balmain V Magpies agenda.

You will also realise that no where in my post have I agitated for a breakdown of the Wests Tigers so I can have my beloved Wests Magpies back.

I am also a Wests Tigers supporter Cochise, and I think its an even bigger shame that after 21 years you are so insecure that you need to dump your frustration on others.

@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359536) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359417) said:

@cochise said:

Firstly, I am not going to rehash rubbish from 18 months ago as I am not a person that holds a grudge, unlike others apparently.

I have made in clear that I do not want Benny Elias involved in anyway with the Wests Tigers, a structure where he is involved in our club puts us on a path to the clubs demise. I don't care what side of the merger he comes from he is shonky as. I also want something to change in this club, I don't think the current board structure is working and that is not because it is a Wests Ashfield controlled board, it is because our club continues to be a mess that is ran like an amateur club.

Now for some reason you consider me a Balmain fan, I am not a Balmain, I am a Wests Tigers fan. I will take issue with anyone that tries to destabalise the Wests Tigers and have told users on this forum in the last week to pull their heads in because they were pushing Balmain v Magpies agendas.

Now I will address your last paragraph which I find to be disgusting, you are agitating for the breakdown of the Wests Tigers so you can have your 'beloved' Wests Magpies back. I do not want the Wests Magpies to return, nor do I wish to see the Balmain Tigers to return, I am a Wests Tigers supporter and wouldn't have it any other way. It is just a shame that after 21 years there are still people who wish to see their failed clubs returned, I am happy with the current failed club I support.

For you to tell me I am holding a grudge is just wrong and I resent that accusation.

I was merely pointing out the difference in your attitude from then till now, so I suggest... you pull your head in mate.

It's amazing to me how you read things and interpret it a certain way, as that is the way you want it to be.
Leo Tolstoy said : "the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of a doubt, what is laid before him".

I didn't say you were a current Balmain fan, but it was obvious even 18 months ago you were prev a Balmain supporter as I was a Wests Magpies supporter.
I in fact said..."what happened to that ferocious tiger that roared with anger and was prepared to die...for the Wests Tigers.

So dont twist my words Cochise, to make something out of nothing to suit your ego.

If you are prepared to read my post with an open mind and heart, you will realise that nowhere have I pushed a Balmain V Magpies agenda.

You will also realise that no where in my post have I agitated for a breakdown of the Wests Tigers so I can have my beloved Wests Magpies back.

I am also a Wests Tigers supporter Cochise, and I think its an even bigger shame that after 21 years you are so insecure that you need to dump your frustration on others.

What are you on about mate? Your original post was baiting, you literally stated there are people calling for the return of the Wests Magpies. Then asked my opinion, my opinion is that it is disgusting that you would even raise it.

Mate I have also called out as many people pushing Balmain agendas as I have Magpies.

It does appear you hold a grudge as you raised me questioning you 18 months ago lol.

All I can say is piss off Benny, you are that dodgy that you would probably try selling Concord Oval off to Canada Bay Council.

While he's at it probably try selling the State Government the harbour Bridge as well.

@tigertownsfs said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359031) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1358994) said:
@mike said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1358983) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1358975) said:
@tigertownsfs said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1358953) said:
If you look at sport globally the brand and the franchise is worth a lot of money.

Strongly disagree. Any asset is only worth a multiple of the possible return on investment (ROI). What is the ROI of an NRL "franchise"? Seriously. Other than Brisbane, none of the club consistently make profits and even when they do (or dont) more than 50% of their revenue is a grant from the NRL, Its a terrible business model, the whole NRL is. The whole NRL set up with its agreements for club Grants and the fact the grants and salary cap at fixed to revenue restricts profits.

Other than fixed assets, which most of the clubs have almost none, the only assets are future sales and NRL grants and these are almost by design totally chewed up ensuring no profit (salary cap tied to grant).

There is no ROI on an NRL club and therefore almost no value.

>Whilst the club may not make a profit we have only really been in the post super league professional era for a decade and already clubs like Rabbits and Easts are building extremely strong brands that will increase in value over time.

Why will they increase in value in time? What is the source of income for the Roosters and Souths? More than 50% is the grant which is tied to salaries and also the media deal (which can fluctuate).

>In the premier league and US sports these types of assets become play things of the rich and powerful and it wouldn’t be hard to imagine that is where these franchises go.

The premier league and US sports have the benefit of enormous markets that are not enjoyed by the NRL. Some (not all) EPL teams make ENORMOUS profits and this is the value of these assets. It simply doesnt exist in Australia ir the NRL.

>Crowe paid 1.5m for his 50% share and all up has probably invested something like $5m in Rabbits. That 50% would probably be worth at least $20m if not more.

The fact that Crowe continually tips in money makes the asset worth less not more. If Crowe was continually taking money out it would be worth something.

A football club is worth whatever people are prepared to pay for it. It doesn’t have to be an asset to be worth something.

Sure thats a tenet of a free market but the fact that the NRL clubs dont make a significant profit or ROI obviously has a depressive impact on that value. If ownership of an NRL club is such a valuable commodity, why isnt there a market for it? Why do we not see rich businessmen lining up to buy them and resell them?

>The analogy with a normal company who’s goal is to make money for its shareholder(s) does not apply.

Why not? Seriously why not? Does capitalism and free markets have its own little subsection for NRL clubs?

“Billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen on Friday completed the purchase of the New York Mets baseball team in a reported $2.4 billion deal, a record for a North American sports franchise.”

This is hedge fund manager Steve Cohn buying the New York Mets for $2.4b. The Mets made an operating loss of $125m in 2020.

george steinbrenner got a better deal that's for sure

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359565) said:
@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359536) said:

@cochise said:

What are you on about mate? Your original post was baiting, you literally stated there are people calling for the return of the Wests Magpies. Then asked my opinion, my opinion is that it is disgusting that you would even raise it.

Mate I have also called out as many people pushing Balmain agendas as I have Magpies.

It does appear you hold a grudge as you raised me questioning you 18 months ago lol.

You've twisted my words again Cochise.
My wife does that and it's a very unfair debating tactic.

I never used the word **called for**.

I said "a couple of sporting personalities [Brad Fittler being one] **suggested** there is a need for a NRL team to be centered in Campbelltown, and have further **suggested** Wests Tigers should locate there and once again be known as the Wests Magpies".

I think you will agree **'called for'** is a much stronger term than **suggested**, therefore **called for** has stronger implications.

And what's wrong with someone **suggesting** something. It was a point of discussion on a football show for goodness sake, and I was interested to know your opinion.

I would have hoped that you as an Admin of this forum would be more open minded, but as soon as the word Magpies is seen, you go all goggle eyed by saying you think it is disgusting that I should even raise it on Wests Tigers Forum.

You've shown us you have a sense of humour from your "I hate Magpies thread"...lighten up a bit Cochise...you'll feel much better for it.

@tigerbalm said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359449) said:

@cochise said:

Odd post. ruok?

Fine thanks :+1:

@hank37w said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359597) said:
All I can say is piss off Benny, you are that dodgy that you would probably try selling Concord Oval off to Canada Bay Council.

While he's at it probably try selling the State Government the harbour Bridge as well.

:rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359711) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359565) said:

@cochise said:

I said "a couple of sporting personalities [Brad Fittler being one] **suggested** there is a need for a NRL team to be centered in Campbelltown, and have further **suggested** Wests Tigers should locate there and once again be known as the Wests Magpies".

I think you will agree **'called for'** is a much stronger term than **suggested**, therefore **called for** has stronger implications.

And what's wrong with someone **suggesting** something. It was a point of discussion on a football show for goodness sake, and I was interested to know your opinion.

I would have hoped that you as an Admin of this forum would be more open minded, but as soon as the word Magpies is seen, you go all goggle eyed by saying you think it is disgusting that I should even raise it on Wests Tigers Forum.

You've shown us you have a sense of humour from your "I hate Magpies thread"...lighten up a bit Cochise...you'll feel much better for it.

Mate I have no problem with the Wests Magpies, I watch them play whenever I can I even stuck up for them in the last week when someone suggested they shouldn't be the reserve grade side. Your entire post was having a go at me because in your opinion I didn't go hard enough about Benny compared to when you raised Wests v Balmain arguments. I have never seen Brad Fittler advocate for the return of the Magpies, that may be because I don't listen to his poor take on the majority of issues.

I know the game you are playing here and I am done being sucked in.

Good luck to Benny and his secret backers tonight.

Enough of this rubbish, I'll take any sort of administrative change.

Coach needs to go

@diedpretty said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359094) said:
@tyga said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1358878) said:
Read the financials of West’s Ashfield and it will become evident the whole sale is a farce of the highest proportions. If they entertained a sale and a move West West’s Cambo are not far behind. Why would they sell the club to anyone the footy club is a business that’s a fraction of their revenues. It’s so small of a drain they donate more to charity than footy losses.

The promotion and maintaining Rugba League in their area is in Wests Ashfield charter. Its not just all pokies and beer.

Or they lose their tax free status.....

@tigertownsfs said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359072) said:
Mets lost a cumulative 15.3m in the decade up to and including 2020.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/829569/new-york-mets-operating-income/

It is clearly a passion purchase from a mega wealthy life long Mets fan. There are many many examples of this throughout sport globally including in Australia (twiggy, Clive Palmer etc etc). Anyway, in 10 years let’s revisit to see who was right.

Wow, I'd have to say that is the most disgraceful and misleading use of stats I have ever seen. They lost a ***cumulative*** 15.3M in the decade up to and ***including*** 2020, the year of COVID, in which they played only 60 of 162 games and which in that year they ***lost US$125M?***

So what you are actually saying is, in the 9 years prior to a black swan event in which 2/3 of the season was cancelled, ***they made a cumulative profit US$109.7M***. That is a pretty good investment in my book, particularly once COVID is over.

If you are going to use statistics, at least try to be honest about it.

Not only are the Mets a good buy based on their history of profit, they share the same market as the Yankees which have an enterprise value of US$4.7B.

Explain to me how buying an organisation that made $110M over 9 years, has an *enterprise value* of US$2.4B dollars is a passion purchase.

By the way how did the Twiggy & Clive Palmer purchases go? What about the Tinkler? Did they create a market in which the next Multi Millionaire bought at a profit? You realise you are proving my case dont you?

No need to see how things are in 10 years. The underlying infrastructure of the NRL prevents profit by the clubs and excludes a market. This is why there wasnt a market 10 years ago, and their wont be in 10 years. The infrastructure of EPL and US sports are VERY different and were created for this purpose.

Benny said on Matty John's show this was going to be decided Monday?

Or it tonight the night?

@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359745) said:
@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359711) said:

@cochise said:

Mate I have no problem with the Wests Magpies, I watch them play whenever I can I even stuck up for them in the last week when someone suggested they shouldn't be the reserve grade side. Your entire post was having a go at me because in your opinion I didn't go hard enough about Benny compared to when you raised Wests v Balmain arguments. I have never seen Brad Fittler advocate for the return of the Magpies, that may be because I don't listen to his poor take on the majority of issues.

Yeh fair enough Cochise :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:
But once again you are using a word **advocate**
that has a stronger meaning than the original word I used **suggest**.
To my knowledge Fittler wasn't supporting anothers cause or advocating on behalf of anyone.

@elleryhanley said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359797) said:
Benny said on Matty John's show this was going to be decided Monday?

Or it tonight the night?

Tonight

@tyga said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359231) said:
@diedpretty said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359094) said:
@tyga said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1358878) said:
Read the financials of West’s Ashfield and it will become evident the whole sale is a farce of the highest proportions. If they entertained a sale and a move West West’s Cambo are not far behind. Why would they sell the club to anyone the footy club is a business that’s a fraction of their revenues. It’s so small of a drain they donate more to charity than footy losses.

The promotion and maintaining Rugba League in their area is in Wests Ashfield charter. Its not just all pokies and beer.

This is true. Leagues clubs are ***generally set up for the benefit of the footy club*** albeit with their own governance.

Not exactly they legally have to be set up to benefit the local community within their charter, specifically for Leagues Clubs to foster league and sports clubs in the community. Doesnt have to be NRL. They aren't "generally set up" this way, they have very strict laws which revolve around MASSIVE tax breaks (used to be tax free) that they receive.

In the 90's myself and my company were feted and taken overseas by Balmain & Canterbury Leagues because they couldnt make a profit and have to turn the money over into the club or into the community. I was in a small part responsible for the toy horse racing at Balmain.

@mike said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359419) said:

@cochise said:

No just no. Campbelltown has been tried and failed for the Wests Magpies. Tried again and failed for the Wests Tigers. There is no need for a third time to know the result.

If Elias gets his hands on the Wests Tigers there won’t be the Wests Tigers. It will be the Gosford Tigers, the Brisbane Tigers or the WA Tigers.

The NRL determines who has the licenses and the NRL won’t have the Western Suburbs Magpies back.

Exactly, Benny hasnt exactly been hiding the ball.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/west-coast-pirates-to-push-for-nrl-spot-20120627-21206.html

@magpies1963 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359799) said:
@cochise said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359745) said:

@cochise said:

Yeh fair enough Cochise :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:
But once again you are using a word **advocate**
that has a stronger meaning than the original word I used **suggest**.
To my knowledge Fittler wasn't supporting anothers cause or advocating on behalf of anyone.

Advocate doesn't have to be on behalf someone else.

a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.

Which is what you said he did?

@tiger5150 said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359822) said:
@mike said in [Revealed: Secret bid to buy battling Tigers](/post/1359419) said:

@cochise said:

No just no. Campbelltown has been tried and failed for the Wests Magpies. Tried again and failed for the Wests Tigers. There is no need for a third time to know the result.

If Elias gets his hands on the Wests Tigers there won’t be the Wests Tigers. It will be the Gosford Tigers, the Brisbane Tigers or the WA Tigers.

The NRL determines who has the licenses and the NRL won’t have the Western Suburbs Magpies back.

Exactly, Benny hasnt exactly been hiding the ball.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/west-coast-pirates-to-push-for-nrl-spot-20120627-21206.html

Ah yes I forgot the name. I meant West Coast Tigers not WA Tigers. Although he did call them the Wests Ashfield Tigers on NRL 360 ???

Latest posts

Members online

Back