Rhys Hanbury

Peaches

I thought he was good but that put down for the try was very poor. Not only did he drop-it but he put the ball down with one hand on the try-line side off the field. Why not dive and take all risk out?

I thought the way my mother put out the washing in 1989 just before we lost the grand finl had some bearing on how the Cold War ended. :brick:

He must've been exhausted. Prince was kicking down his side of the field all day. And whenever Moltz got the ball at the back he usually dumped it off to Rhys as well. Did Ayshford get to make even one kick return?

@Allan Towle said:
that put down for the try was very poor. Not only did he drop-it but he put the ball down with one hand

He played awesome! He got a double and was solid all night. The put down was not poor at all, if it was 'poor' it would not of been a try and he would of actually dropped it, but he didn't. And who cares if he puts it down with one hand??? Benji does that for most of his tries. People have scored tries this year with all parts of there torso/arms/penis, and you're worried about him putting it down with one hand (he's not Matt Head).

I like Hanbury he has a real go every time he plays for us. I wouldn`t ideally want him in our top 17, but he`s a great player to have in our top 25.

He and Beau Ryan are guys I want in the 25 but not the 17\. Both will give you 100% every game they play and between them you have every position in the backline covered for injury.

I didn't think Hanbury did much wrong but the put down was poor and in any other year it would have constituted a drop ball but with the new rules of separation, etc.

Under that rule, there is an argument that he changed hands as he put it down (BS) and got it down with a fingertip (no separation)

He can play a few positions ok so he is good to have in the top 25 for depth. I thought he should have played fullback against the Gold Coast.

@smeghead said:
He and Beau Ryan are guys I want in the 25 but not the 17\. Both will give you 100% every game they play and between them you have every position in the backline covered for injury.

I pretty much agree with that only I see something more in Beau Ryan. I reckon Beau Ryan could develop into a David Stagg type lock only Beau plays with a little more aggression which is what a like in a player.

Sorry i disagree, i thought he was pretty woeful.

Especially early on.

Courage 10
Skills 2 (and thats been generous)

ive never seen anyone so intently be flopped down in a tackle. Soft as.

Please feel free to flame.. but that is my opinion, he would never be in my side again.

Back