Rob Lui Defensive weakness

TigerMc

If Mick Potter doesn't target Rob Lui and his defensive issues, he the least intelligent coach ever! It is a must for us to break the try scoring shackles we've experienced for the last 6 weeks!

I;m 100% certain Neil Henry is fully aware of this and expects traffic going Lui's way and as a smart coach he should be able to counter that by bolstering the D around Lui.

Now what will make Potter a smarter coach is if he goes in the totally opposite direction and leaves Lui alone.
With Henry focusing in the middle Potter can build plays in the fringes and exploit the wing.

WIN WIN baby

Unless we can engage defenders either side of Lui to isolate him its a fantasy. We will need to fire with a running game and players in motion, and if we can get that together we wont need to be targetting Lui, we will have a football team again.

@Black'n'White said:
Unless we can engage defenders either side of Lui to isolate him its a fantasy. We will need to fire with a running game and players in motion, and if we can get that together we wont need to be targetting Lui, we will have a football team again.

A football team again you say ay … i would pay money just to watch them play...
Well they are down and out and i hope they can find something within them to lift tomorrow.

I would have Sue targetting Rob Lui all night when he touches the ball , and Fulton targetting Thurston as much as possible

The key will be isolating them 1 on 1 whenever possible

we did it to sandow, he'll do it to lui. But problem is the cows will see it coming a mile away, so who knows how effective it'll be. If I was potter, i'd either tell em to stop targetting lui after a bit or at half time if it isnt working.

@pHyR3 said:
we did it to sandow, he'll do it to lui. But problem is the cows will see it coming a mile away, so who knows how effective it'll be. If I was potter, i'd either tell em to stop targetting lui after a bit or at half time if it isnt working.

And thats why we need to target both Thurston and Lui

They both have defensive issues when you can isolate them

Need to attack both but not at the same time they would expect us to hit lui all game but I would run traffic down thurstons way for the first 25 and then mix it with hitting lui in the last 15 mins, with sue on the field and being fresh.

@Hitup said:
Need to attack both but not at the same time they would expect us to hit lui all game but I would run traffic down thurstons way for the first 25 and then mix it with hitting lui in the last 15 mins.

They have to take their chances when they occur ,you might only get 4-5 chances to isolate them 1-1 and if it happens to be in the same set of six you have to go for it

And obviously it will depend how direct we can play

Robbie and Benji have to play direct and try and link with Tedesco as well to get the Cowbees on the back foot first

We used to try to hide Benji too… the real trick is to engage their bodyguards, because one out running at them will hurt them, but isolating them turns them into speed humps.

Bodies in motion and force him to make a decision.

Been a long while since we have seen that, years almost

@happy tiger said:
@Hitup said:
Need to attack both but not at the same time they would expect us to hit lui all game but I would run traffic down thurstons way for the first 25 and then mix it with hitting lui in the last 15 mins.

They have to take their chances when they occur ,you might only get 4-5 chances to isolate them 1-1 and if it happens to be in the same set of six you have to go for it

And obviously it will depend how direct we can play

Robbie and Benji have to play direct and try and link with Tedesco as well to get the Cowbees on the back foot first

I agree, direct footy is the way started to see It in the 2nd half against souths, they really need to link with teddy running through the middle. But yea if u get a chance on lui or JT you have to take it

There are some good ideas being thrown around on this thread; isolating Lui and ferston, players in motion etc. its safe to say this will be a big part of the game pla against the cowboys. I'll just add that field position through direct play and a sound kick and chase, together with a low error count is critical as it is in every game.

The tigers haven't been able to combine these simple things and do them all at once in barely any games this year.

In games when they've had a low error count, they've given away stacks of penalties and the attack has been one out with no players in motion and options for the ball players.

Watching a tigers backline movement this year has been like watching 5 union props trying to spread the ball. Tough gig being a tigers centre or winger this year so far. Don't even get me started on defence… :rant

Knowing our luck he will have the greastest game he has ever played tonight.

Back