Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

If i were Robbie id flip this on taylor.
Id stay and play reserve grade - get paid as per my contract - and wait until the coach gets sacked.
it most certainly wont be too long into 2016 !
what a joke.

bryce gibbs‏@bryceegibbs 5m5 minutes ago
If robbie farah is getting dropped to reserve grade next yr, surely jason taylor is getting dropped to balmain u13s development squad

@ricksen said:
@NT Tiger said:
@ricksen said:
Farah said he was told he'd be playing reserve grade next year if he were to stay around.

JT spoke as well, basically just paraphrased last night's press release. No further explanation. Pretty pathetic to be honest, and I'm one that supports the decision.

Not pathetic at all. The club said it would treat Farah with respect and no further comment would be made till his future was decided. Taylor made no further comment as he should. He is employed by the club. We all have bosses.

If he's not going to answer questions about Farah, he shouldn't be fronting the media at all. So in that sense, I'm not blaming him - **he shouldn't have been put in that position.**
That was an absolute joke and a PR disaster.

On the other hand, Farah spoke terrifically. A lot of class.

Agree….it was pathetic and farcical.
Where was Go, or acting CEO Moss?
Once again....no leadership in this joint.

@bobo125 said:
If i were Robbie id flip this on taylor.
Id stay and play reserve grade - get paid as per my contract - and wait until the coach gets sacked.
it most certainly wont be too long into 2016 !
what a joke.

Wow….sorry i hit the thumbs down button!

I meant thumbs up!

@Pawsandclaws said:
If robbie farah is getting dropped to reserve grade next yr, surely jason taylor is getting dropped to balmain u13s development squad

Wow!!

@Pawsandclaws said:

yawn.

On the other hand, it was good to see Robbie have some class in the presser.

While I agree with the decision to an extent….this club just highlights how amateurish it is in handling these thing....an embarrasment and laughing stock

@jirskyr said:
Wow am I really seeing calls now that Lawrence needs to stay and Farah should go? How times change. I wonder who we will want to praise / throw under the bus next season.

Umm cause maybe he was moved from the Centres where he was rubbish and if he stayed there as a centre I would of been counting down his Contract.

But he has rejuvenated himself as a 2nd Rower and would have to take a big pay cut to extend his stay past next year.

@Pawsandclaws said:

SPOT ON !

@bobo125 said:
WOW
50% surprised and 50% expecting it to be honest.
im sorry to say this to Tigers fans but this was always going to happen.
no one here has seemingly mentioned the COACH in all of this.
Before the season even started the COACH asked the captain to forgo his Australian jersey !
what a way to start your tenor.
The COACH then removed all other club legends. Some of these guys have served the club tremendously over their time playing and then in support roles.
Some of those guys have kids playing in the NRL, some even in this team !!!
wow again…. what was the coach thinking to P off club legends, their kids, their kids mates - who also play in the team, the captain and nearly everyone else who has been part of the inner sanctum at the tigers for decades.
you have young footballers with massive potential being lead and instructed by someone who has very little respect from any one at the club.
his game plans certainly arnt working.
When the season went to rabble he "allowed them to free up" and surprise surprise - they looked great again.
Say what you may about Robbie, but lets be honest here, the coach delivers his verdict to the board before any decisions are even contemplated.
No one will openly admit it or discuss it but their is a very serious issue at the club and these are all coming from or around the COACH.
The young guns dont believe anything the coach says or his direction. THAT IS FACT.
The people they look up to dont have any "good" things to say about the coach either.
That speaks volumes.
To then make a decision like this - use the salary cap as the excuse but knowing, the club will still pay a very large portion of his contract or if robbie takes the legal avenue like time sheens did - will force the clubs hand.
What a absolute mess.
Robbie may not be playing that well at the moment, agreed. But again, if the chatter is close to the mark - hes seen the writing on the wall as much as hes witnessed the fascicle game plans and instructions to the young guns by the coach for some time now.
I actually thought id be reading another David Fa'alogo type story before the season wound up - to be honest.

Love the passion in this post bobo…Club legends you say served the Club for years you say...speaks volumes....3 finals appearances in 16 years...perhaps CHANGE was inevitable....

The Coach and Club have drawn the line in the stand.....time will tell...if nothing changes ....nothing changes...

If the club had threatened Robbie with reserve grade it is very poor on their behalf.

Threats of this nature rarely work In any situation and especially where Robbie is pretty much a victim of financial mismanagement.

I think this is developing for a PR disaster for the club. I expect some members will show their disdain by not renewing contracts and prospective players will look at WT with suspicion.

What was the clubs logo? Unite. Commit. Achieve? Hmm…seems somewhat ironic even farcical given the current situation.

@Pawsandclaws said:

:roll, and Bryce Gibbs would know about Jason Taylor's Coaching as his good mates with Farah, Halatau, Richards and between mates they talk.

Taylor next please, by mid year next year the latest

EXACTLY!! - How much worse can we actually be?

Imagine Farah quit last year when he had a spat… We'd possibly be in a better spot (Couldn't be worse)
we'd have an extra million dollars and been involved in this years player market.

The coach is still yet to prove his worth,
He hasn't bought anyone with him of any worth...
He has no grand game plans...
I'm hoping he pulls his head in and stops talking like he's been there and done that when he hasn't.

If he doesn't, I'll wave goodbye to him as well.....

@innsaneink said:
@ricksen said:
@NT Tiger said:
@ricksen said:
Farah said he was told he'd be playing reserve grade next year if he were to stay around.

JT spoke as well, basically just paraphrased last night's press release. No further explanation. Pretty pathetic to be honest, and I'm one that supports the decision.

Not pathetic at all. The club said it would treat Farah with respect and no further comment would be made till his future was decided. Taylor made no further comment as he should. He is employed by the club. We all have bosses.

If he's not going to answer questions about Farah, he shouldn't be fronting the media at all. So in that sense, I'm not blaming him - **he shouldn't have been put in that position.**
That was an absolute joke and a PR disaster.

On the other hand, Farah spoke terrifically. A lot of class.

Agree….it was pathetic and farcical.
Where was Go, or acting CEO Moss?
Once again....no leadership in this joint.

I missed it. You'd think an organisation like this would have established a media plan in the knowledge that this was going to break. If their plan was to whip out a media release then go to ground they deserve to be pummelled. JT was just the bunny. Not feeling confident in the new management at this point.

@foreveratiger said:
@Pawsandclaws said:

:roll, and Bryce Gibbs would know about Jason Taylor's Coaching as his good mates with Farah, Halatau, Richards and between mates they talk.

Quoting Gibbs is not a good example….in 2O12/3 when he slagged off the Club everyone was calling him a numpty when he said similar about Benj...now he's a Rhodes Scholar... :crazy

This club is constantly surrounded by bad news. Blokes being sacked, in fighting with coaches and other players, people who want out, people being shown the door, no money, dis-functional boards, decent players being told to leave, bottom four or worse finishes. When do the fans and members of this club get to see and hear some positive news, something we can really cheer and get excited about.

Good luck to Robbie for wherever he goes. He will always be a Tiger legend.

@Geo. said:
Love the passion in this post bobo…Club legends you say served the Club for years you say...speaks volumes....3 finals appearances in 16 years...perhaps CHANGE was inevitable....

The Coach and Club have drawn the line in the stand.....time will tell...if nothing changes ....nothing changes...

Mate change is good. i agree.
calculated smart and thought out change that is.
none of which has been demonstrated since taylor has been at the club.
regardless of finals appearances, as a club member, as a club player, as a club fan - you are collectively supporting your club in good and bad times.
There are right way of doing things and then there are just poor ways of doing things.
the point your missing here is - poor decisions have far bigger ramifications than what you see on the surface.
The COACH was a poor decision.
in turn, the ramifications of HIS decisons might actually once and for all sink the club once and for all.
seriously - can anyone name even 1 senior player that would openly say "i want to be coached by Jason Taylor"

anyone ???

@Geo. said:
@foreveratiger said:
@Pawsandclaws said:

Quoting Gibbs is not a good example….in 2O12/3 when he slagged off the Club everyone was calling him a numpty when he said similar about Benj...now he's a Rhodes Scholar... :crazy

Maybe so but he would know a little bit about Talor's Coaching .

This club has been a joke for a few years,Let Robbie end his career as a Tiger he obviously wants to here and be a one club player,Deadset Idiots Running this Club,give the guy some respect

@bobo125 said:
@Geo. said:

Mate change is good. i agree.
calculated smart and thought out change that is.
none of which has been demonstrated since taylor has been at the club.
regardless of finals appearances, as a club member, as a club player, as a club fan - you are collectively supporting your club in good and bad times.
There are right way of doing things and then there are just poor ways of doing things.
the point your missing here is - poor decisions have far bigger ramifications than what you see on the surface.
The COACH was a poor decision.
in turn, the ramifications of HIS decisons might actually once and for all sink the club once and for all.
seriously - can anyone name even 1 senior player that would openly say "i want to be coached by Jason Taylor"

anyone ???

Hey bobo,the poor decisions of the previous management are the ramifications we are going through now…blame Taylor all you like,someone has to clean up the mess....

The club wants to find a solution now. Are we prepared to be stuck in the doldrums for another two seasons?

We're not the first club to have done this. Lewis (and Kingston later on,) was moved on by Penrith and they made the semis the following year. They'd be doing better this year as well if most of their first team didn't spend half the season in the rehab ward at Nepean Hospital.

Latest posts

Members online

Back