Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

Sabre

WESTS Tigers are sensationally poised to part company with club legend Robbie Farah.
>
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the amazing split could be announced as early as this week.
>
In a bombshell turn, Wests Tigers directors discussed the shock development at a high-powered board meeting on Tuesday night.
>
The club continues to struggle with intense and ongoing salary cap issues.
>
It is highly unlikely that Farah will be at Concord for the start of next season.
>
Wests Tigers officials were on Tuesday night trying formulate a soft way for the decision to be explained to club fans and members.
>
Farah, 31, still has two years to run on his current contract where he is due to earn $1 million a season in a heavily back-ended deal.
\
\
\
The club knows that some big-money stars must be moved on if they hope to sign some new players in the next year.
>
The Tigers know the decision will cause angst among their fans, given what Farah has achieved at the club.
>
It is a sensitive issue but the club is all-too aware they need to cull some senior players on big money.
>
Several English Super League clubs are known to be interested in Farah.
>
No doubt though NRL clubs will also show robust interest in the champion hooker.
>
Farah may baulk at England given his desire to represent NSW in State of Origin.
>
NRL clubs have known for several weeks now that Farah could become a free agent for 2016.
>
Farah is a club legend who was part of the club’s famous 2005 grand final-winning side.
>
One well-placed source said: “These decisions are always difficult when it comes to players like Robbie, who have given so much to the club.”
>
Friends have claimed Farah has feared being pushed out of the club for the past few months.
>
And he may not be the only casualty of the club’s tight salary cap.
>
Other senior players at Concord on big money, including former Test player Chris Lawrence, will also come under scrutiny.
>
Farah certainly polarises people.
>
Creative and tough, Farah is one of the greatest players in Wests Tigers’ history.
>
He has though endured some drama.
>
Farah was though accused of playing a role in the sacking of Wests Tigers’ past two coaches, Tim Sheens and Mick Potter. Farah strenuously denied this.
>
And Farah was also said to have been at loggerheads with former club champion Benji Marshall. Again, this was denied.
>
Farah will captain Wests Tigers in Sunday’s match against New Zealand Warriors at Campbelltown Stadium.
>
Club veterans Keith Galloway and Pat Richards will also move on after this season.
>
Galloway will play in England, Richards will retire.
>
Farah is due to speak with the media this morning.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/tigers-are-poised-to-part-company-with-club-legend-robbie-farah/story-e6frf3wu-1227498685371

lol the guy doesn't even know where Richards is going next year

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Official already:

**Wests Tigers statement on Captain Robbie Farah**
>
Wests Tigers has tonight confirmed that Captain Robbie Farah has been granted permission to investigate opportunities to continue his playing career at another Club following the 2015 NRL season.
>
Farah has been a key member of the Wests Tigers playing squad since making his debut in 2003 and has made an invaluable contribution to the Club both on and off the field in that time.
>
The decision was not made lightly but ultimately allows the Club a chance to restructure the football team to allow for future success.
>
Farah has played 236 games for Wests Tigers since making his debut for the Club in 2003, was a member of the 2005 Premiership winning team and inducted as a Wests Tigers Life Member in 2013.
>
The Club intends on treating Farah with the upmost respect during this process and will make no further comment until his playing future is decided.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/08/25/wests_tigers_stateme.html

@ryanda01 said:
Well it was bound to happen. I wonder if he jumped or was pushed…

I'd say he jumped , he's looked disinterested for ages .

Mixed feelings on this. He has been a great servant of this club. Definitely had his ups and downs. I hope the club is true to their word and they do treat him with the utmost respect. I guess the writing has been on the wall and might explain some of his poor form

Has been a great club man but it was time. He has looked completely disinterested since the Potter affair. He was doing himself or his playing group that he was meant to be leading a disservice continuing with the charade.
\
\
Im all for a total clean out, coach next if results dont improve quickly next year.

@hobbo2803 said:
@ryanda01 said:

I thought I heard the Campaign corks popping from here..

It had to happen.

But surely there is more to the story, considering they have made it public before a deal with another club has been struck.

Sad to see it happen but more upside then downside. Will only benefit us long term

Had the chance to correct the earlier mistake of the long term signing twelve months back, but sat on their hands and pandered to his wishes, when he should have been shown the door.

I saw this rumour pre lunch today but didn't mention it because I thought it was impossible… Souths was the tip.

Wow the club is going through a total make over a team of juniors with all the old guard gone except maybe Dene.

@hobbo2803 said:
@ryanda01 said:

He sure has… Fatal only had desire to play Origin.... He is tired playing for the WT.... With all due respect we look much sharper this year with Cherrington at hooker... But will always appreciate how much Farah has given our club.... I support him moving on it should turn out to be a win/win

He needs to go to England. If he stays in the NRL, from a salary cap perspective it wont free up too much considering the "heavily backloaded contract"

NRL clubs thrive on these type of releases… They know we are desperate, so wont offer anywhere near his contract price!

Latest posts

Back