Robert Lui charged with assaulting girlfriend

God damn it!!!!

I really hope this is all BS but it is really sounding bad….unbelievable.

@Tigerdave said:
oh man, he has to go, we can't have that.

@tigerdre said:
Any chance Moltzen can turn his back on the dragons & remain a tiger????

I doubt it once things are signed, but who knows….gotta be worth a shot.

Yeah can you see the Dragons agreeing to that
I think not

@happy tiger said:
@Tigerdave said:

@tigerdre said:

I think not

Especially after the stink Humphreys kicked up about announcing the signing? Fat chance

@Cultured Bogan said:
@happy tiger said:
@Tigerdave said:

@tigerdre said:

I think not

Especially after the stink Humphreys kicked up about announcing the signing? Fat chance

yeah that too, which is a real shame

Seems like a real turbulent relationship there. Charges were dismissed last time after reconciliation, but I can't see that happening again. Terible for all parties involved. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this is twice now under the same circumstances.

Club should be issuing a statement this morning..

@tiger91 said:
Bring Miller up to train with the First Grade squad during the off season.

Lui goes to NSW cup and gets a real job to realize how lucky he is to be playing professionally.

Until he realizes this, it will probably keep happening.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

If guilty, he won't be playing for anyone next season. He will do something similar to Carney and pour beers in a pub somewhere for 12 months. That is assuming he is not in jail, but given a child is involved, that will probably not occur.

Miller is not first grade standard. If he is the replacement halfback for next season, we have issues.

@Danos said:
Seems like a real turbulent relationship there. Charges were dismissed last time after reconciliation, but I can't see that happening again. Terible for all parties involved. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this is twice now under the same circumstances.

Lets hope the club handles it properly and not makes us the laughing stock of the NRL

@tiger91 said:

Lui goes to NSW cup and gets a real job to realize how lucky he is to be playing professionally.

\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

NSW Cup? He's allegedly assaulted his missus twice now - he has to be in massive danger of being deregistered.

This guy really takes Mad Monday to the next level… Two years in a row, really? Even though it's alleged at this stage, to get into that position AGAIN at the same time of year is just plain stupidity.

Bring back Moltzen!!!!

You guys keep saying twice; however the charges were dismissed the first time.

I don't condone it in the least however if this was benji Marshall everyone was at the tune of innocent until proven guilty…

Let's get the facts and if it's true he will need to be reprimanded; sacking him might not be the best thing for
Him his partner and son. Maybe 6-12 months off community service an some anger management lessons.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

**<big>Wests Tigers star Robert Lui arrested and charged with domestic assault</big>\
\
by Staff Writers From: The Daily Telegraph September 20, 2011 9:31AM**

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-star-robert-lui-arrested-overnight/story-e6frexnr-1226141499114

MAD Monday turned in to terrible Tuesday for Wests Tigers halfback Robert Lui who was arrested overnight.

A member of the public phoned in to Triple M's Grill Team to break the news this morning, which has since been confirmed.

The Grill Team reported on its Twitter feed that Lui was charged following allegations of a domestic assault at Strathfield.

A police media release concerning the assault said it involved a 21-year-old Strathfield man and his female partner.

"It is alleged the woman was assaulted by a 21-year-old man who also resides at the premises,'' the release said.

"Police … found a woman suffering swelling to her face.

"The man was arrested at the scene and taken to Burwood Police Station where he was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

"The man was given bail and will appear in Burwood Local Court on October 7."

It's understood that an AVO has been granted against Lui and he is not allowed to return to the couple's house. He is thought to be staying with friends.

It's not the first time Lui has been in strife - he was charged with assaulting his pregnant partner at the end of the 2010 season.

The charges were later dismissed and Lui reunited with his partner, with whom he had a child.

The Wests Tigers are expected to make comment later in the day, their season ended on Friday night at the hands of the Warriors.
\
\
**<big>This is now a Police matter and all comments must be made with care in relation to this allegation.</big>**

@happy tiger said:
@Danos said:

Lets hope the club handles it properly and not makes us the laughing stock of the NRL

Seems like the club really has no choice, has to sack him. We can't have a bloke like this represent us. I know innocent until proven guilty and all of that.. but still. Court date is October 7th.. I expect WT will "stand him down from club duties" until then.

@tiger91 said:

\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Mate, you can't put brains in statues - just look at Todd Carney. It really pains me to say this after the rapport he seemed to be building with Benji and Robbie towards the end of the season, but he's gotta go.

I respect Lui for his talent and skills and I'm sure this guy realizes he has a problem. But an act like this is unacceptable and simply wrong. If this is true, he must go.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Well if he is too be sacked and Miller is not considered as a replacement, what are our options? Halfbacks don't grow on trees and most 1st grade halfbacks would be signed elsewhere.

I know Scott Porter from Cronulla is off contract, wouldn't be worth alot and is only a NSW cup player but that might be the standard settled for if we pass on Miller?
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Twice charged with bashing a woman? Career over.

A tragedy on so many levels it is depressing to even think about.

Especially given they have a baby who'll likely grow up in a bad situation….......when the kid should be growing up with Dad doing well and a NRL star, money and opportunity.

Just shattering on a million levels.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back