Roosters Team

Yossarian

Here are the Sydney Roosters teams for Round 22 against the Wests Tigers.

The game is this Sunday at the Sydney Football Stadium, kicking off at 2pm.

Kids under 16 can get free entry upon presentation of the free kids tickets, downloadable through the Sydney Roosters website

NRL
1 Sam Perrett
2 Iwi Hauraki
3 Mitchell Aubusson
4 Setaimata Sa
5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6 Anthony Minichiello
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
9 Jake Friend
10 Lopini Paea
11 Sia Soliola
12 Willie Mason
13 Craig Fitzgibbon

INTERCHANGE
14 Stanley Waqa
15 Shane Shackleton
16 Riley Brown
17 Ben Jones
18 Nick Kouparits

we should beat them easily if we show the same commitment as the past few weeks. the roosters really stood up last week but i dont think they can do it 2 weeks in a row. come on tiges fire up!!!!!

We should kill this side!

Play down Dowall's wing all game and we'll score try after try after try… His defence is horrible and TNT, Lawry and Marshall will eat him up!

Get Galea to follow Mason around an smash him early and he'll do nothing for the rest of the game (like morris / ellis did when we played them earlier)

Mini at 5/8 is bizarre to say the least... this team can only score from kicks... put pressure on anyone kicking and they won't score points...

Wouldn't want to underestimate this team. They've got some pretty great talent across the board. If they turn up, they could surprise us..

Tire their forwards and we should be able to kill them around the ruck. Their lateral defence is terrible and they can get very lazy.

Still, they have some good players. Minichiello at five-eighth is a puzzling one. Is Hauraki on debut? If so we should bomb the crap out of him.

@tiger4ever said:
Yeah tell that to lockyer. :slight_smile:

Yeah but even at fullback Lockyer was a ball player, Minichello is an explosive support player, but he's never been a playmaker of any note.

That said, Tigers need to treat this like they're playing a team coming first.

Speed in the halves is always hard to contain and defend against. Mini and Pearce have buckets of it. Limit the go forward and Wests should give themselves a chance.

The Roosters will have confidence, self belief and now seemed like a focused footy side. Easts have lost a lot of games this year through poor execution rather than anything else, even though their defence has been atrocious for most of it.

I'm sure the Tigers will not under estimate their desperate foundation rivals who are keen to avoid the Wooden Spoon and send Freddy out a winner before the seasons out. Wests showed how much they wanted the win against Manly. Now they have to prove yet against against a hungry Easts outfit. It doesn't get any tougher.

They played alright the Roosters last week.Hopefully it was just a flash in the pan.Though we have to step our game up week by week if we're to be taken seriously.

I don't like all this talk of us smashing them. Don't forget these guys didn't fall off the radar due to lack of talent - they just had crap coaches and no motivation. If they turn up to play they will put us to the sword. I think they beat us in a similar scenario in 07 - they had nothing to play for and pulled our pants down. If we'd have won that game we would have made the finals. That said, nice to be playing them without Anasta, we've made him look good in recent encounters. Next two games are must wins - and we have to treat them with respect and almost talk ourselves into being underdogs.

Interesting.

If Mini plays in the pivot slot I would expect alot of inside running and a high tempo game. Friend and Brown are capable of providing support for Pearce as playmakers and Mini will be a fullback playing at the line.

It makes them a little unpredictable.

Still we have to turn up and do the job

They have some good individuals in their side but rarely have they played as a cohesive unit this year. They aimed up against Newcastle last week but the Knights are also in freefall mode at the moment.

The Roosters forward pack is their weakness IMO. They've got some big guys there, but laterally they can struggle in defence and I don't think they'll be well suited to the Tigers style of play.

Tigers also have an edge in the backs. Minichello is an interesting move at 6, but he doesn't have a particularly slick passing or kicking game so a lot of pressure is going to fall on Pearce, who has been in decent form over the last 2 weeks but has also had some shockers this year.

I like the Tigers in this one as they have more improvement left in them than the Roosters do.

If anyone saw how good the Roosters were against Knights, you would not say we will smash them. Their forwards were awesome in that game.

Their back row is what worries me!

All three had great games last week and last night showed us how all you need is one backrower running hard and you'll score easy tries!
I can easily see Mason and Fitzgibbon offloading to a flying Perret, Pearce or Mini….

in saying that, if we are serious then we should win

yeah there back row is the biggest threat imo.
hopefully we turn up as switched on in defence as we have over the past month and we complete our 1st shut out.
did anyone see mini on the wing a couple of weeks ago? if so how did he go coming back from a long injury? he looked very dangerous early in the season before he got injured again

Its not there strongest line up. I think this game will be a tought as the roosters have found out what it is like to win again. Mason has hit some fine form once again. Mini at 5/8 is a bit of interesting pick for me I think he will play a role like molzten does with us. Letting Pearce control the game and just reliving him when needed. Or like kurt Gidley plays for Newcastle.

So they FINALLY win a game, beating a top 5 team and then they change their halves… LMAO.

Epic failllllllll pending.

interesting seeing jones dropped to the bench. i thought he played ok against the knights

in any case mini at second receiver could result in similar results to the anasta to fullback experiment. go freddy!

Members online

Back