Roosters

white

I watched the roosters game on saturday versus manly. manly look listless and small while the roosters were nothing short of awsome. At one stage very player on the field was either a past or present nsw, qld or australia or new zealand international. i mean every player. I thought there was a salary cap

@glebe_tiger said:
@white said:
. I thought there was a salary cap

….not at the roosters, hasn't been for years.

'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
George Orwell

@sheer64 said:
@glebe_tiger said:
@white said:

George Orwell

Expect to see all the Titan's "cocaine" players at the Roosters in a year or two. I really don't understand all the hate towards Easts? They rehabilitate so many players who have erred from the straight and narrow lol

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@cqtiger said:
@sheer64 said:
@glebe_tiger said:
@white said:

George Orwell

Expect to see all the Titan's "cocaine" players at the Roosters in a year or two. I really don't understand all the hate towards Easts? They rehabilitate so many players who have erred from the straight and narrow lol

have you noticed the only rehabilitate top players dump any ordinary ones .EASTS THE SALARY CAP WHAT A JOKE :brick:

Surely they can't keep SKD, Jennings and ferguson?

@white said:
I watched the roosters game on saturday versus manly. manly look listless and small while the roosters were nothing short of awsome. At one stage very player on the field was either a past or present nsw, qld or australia or new zealand international. i mean every player. I thought there was a salary cap

Two words….Nick Politis!

Watching them get plucked at some time in the future will make my millennium

Wish our Salary Cap guys were as good as theirs….

Hoping Moss can be as effective...

@tig_prmz said:

Add Joe Burgess to the list as well .

They use the AFL salary cap 9.75 million , they're just confused and misunderstood

Roosters have been suspect since the year 2000\. All teams have peaks and troughs but the Roosters are like CBA stocks

@Tigertigertiger said:
Roosters have been suspect since the year 2000\. All teams have peaks and troughs but the Roosters are like CBA stocks

Yeah, I'll put my mad as hell blonde garden gnome's hat on and declare "there needs to be an investigation into this!!!"

I sent a question via the NRL Nation regarding TPAs for the NRL Business Review this Friday. May shed some grey on the matter. LOL

The Roosters squad does look suspiciously strong.

It is not like they have a heap of guys they have bought through and getting unders on….

Maybe Guerra and possibly Jake Friend might be bargains. RTS is young and probably hasn't earnt a big deal yet. I know penrith subsidised a bit of Jennings contract, but the Roosters are still paying most of it.

I dont like to make outlandish statements, but there squad is suspicious to say the least.

A former Rooster player once indicated to me that in hindsight, some of his payments were possibly outside the cap, this further makes me think they are certainly pushing boundaries at best.

@cqtiger said:
@tig_prmz said:

Why???
They don't take up much cap space

I'm ignoring the cap space. No matter how much cap space you have, it would be stupid to have 3 rep standard centres. It'd be quite stupid to play any of them anywhere but centre.

Maybe Guerra and possibly Jake Friend might be bargains. RTS is young and probably hasn't earnt a big deal yet. I know penrith subsidised a bit of Jennings contract, but the Roosters are still paying most of it.

Friend resigned on a contact just recently as did Guerra. So if the Roorters are saying both the players are on say 250k per year, then the TPA would be a higher percentage of their remuneration than the cap. This is what I have raised in my question to the Commission. I hope they answer it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back